Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 44398 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2017, 09:58:21 pm »

sbtreelobster

Just got it, gonna start it now. My god, does it look like everything I've wanted and more. Looks close enough like the beautiful lovechild of FTL and Enter the Gungeon to immediately have caught my attention, and after watching a couple Let's Plays and reading the posts here I was thoroughly sold.

Though checking now apparently I haven't played Enter the Gungeon as much as I seem to think I have. FTL was across a couple accounts though, so that one can be explained at least. Oh well, time for this one to eat all my free time.

Has anyone done a fists-only game? Is it even possible?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2017, 10:53:35 pm »

EEEEE I just did an assassination mission with the "harm no-one else" clause by ramming my Foundry Brick directly into the room the target was in. That was amazing.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2017, 11:03:51 pm »

Man of Paper, welcome to some great hours of fun!

Egan, I'm not sure if I should go for the Brick or Armour-Piercing weapons. As AP is being so hard to come by, I'm going for that for now.
Also, thanks Immaterial for the Lady Delphinus's Sleepy Time Tea, a Legendary Concussive Rapid-fire Quiet Armour-Piercing Shotgun. That thing is so Useful  :D
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2017, 11:07:44 pm »

I'm on my second galaxy now, having never gotten the Brick in the first. This totally changes how I can think about missions. Just completed my personal mission by ramming the pilot, then ramming the wing where my objective was.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2017, 12:25:43 am »

Do you guys never aboard a "secondary" (a non mission) ship, just so you can use its cannons on your mission ship (or simply ram it), when it's a audacious mission with a really big ship ?

Doing it that way, I don't need the Brick, though I have to avoid missions with a time limit.

PS: when controlling a ship, right click to fire missiles. This means tyou don't have the magic "break" button, though, and ships are hard to maneuver.... :p

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2017, 02:01:37 am »

Just rescued Dohon's character Razan Castner! :D They were apparently my "Idiot Friend", which probably explains why they got captured.
Also, I'm about to take that character, Jigme Clawless, to liberate the foundry stronghold, which is the last one left. Gonna liberate this galaxy!

Haha! Thanks for the save. :) That was my first character and lost him to a stupid mistake. Turns out shields block melee attacks and if you drop in a room with 4 of those ... Well, it was indeed an idiotic  move! Funny thing though, I got another character that had the mission to save Razan. Was his mother, I believe. Lost her to a mission in a warzone because I didn't know that ships actually get blown up piece by piece during a mission. I just thought I had to dodge missiles on the way in ...

This game sure has some great story-telling moments.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2017, 02:46:34 am »

I hope they add more scaling content, as while very fun, it would be great to just have "more"  of everything. Afterall you can always boil it down to "1+X Rooms with 1+x Guards with a key" for each section, with some terminals.

Chair-developer ideas:

You can loot a "hack currency" off guards (steal or of the dead body) that you can use to mess with the systems of the ship - laser walls, moveable rooms, "shot this room with your own missle", repair-nano swarm, overload this tool/console, directly hack/break this door, release the gas, release prisoners, etc.

More room variations, more alien spaceships, plus I wanna throw some office chairs and tables around, see ashtrays sucked into vacum, the guards taking a piss, astroidfields...

I feel like adding a "barracks" room that just has some dudes napping and resting, that file out once a alarm goes off would be the first step.

If anyone ever played invisible inc, it certainly has some intresting abilities, enemys and room challanges, from audio-sensors (hackable) to human-mechanical enemys (hackable to remove shield, then slayable)

Argumentations would have been nice, to use your cash for when you've already "got" everything worth buying and to use some passive slots, since the active slots are oh-so-limited.

Regardless, for the moment this is just grand and great fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Thtb/ for artifacts and all that.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:00:42 am by ThtblovesDF »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2017, 03:07:59 am »

Self-Charging Crashbeam was probably the best item I've found so far, and that was really early on. This game is worse than crack, in that it is addicting, and will wind up killing me. Also, finding out the shields don't work like the ones in Dune sure was fun.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2017, 08:27:22 am »

Picked up this game this weekend, wow this is a blast.  I've been taking the hardest missions available, unless they just seem outright impossible with my current kit... in which case i have about a 75% chance to take them anyway...

I end up failing a lot of missions, but it does lead to some crazy escapades!

Some random tips from what I've seen:

1. As mentioned elsewhere, disabling the pilot stops any timers. Super useful.

2.Most ships have more than one dock, although usually only one is unlocked.  But if you have a key cloner or subverter, you can sometimes skip whole chunks of a ship.

3. The Visitor teleporter by itself is super useful, letting you temporarily move way up in a ship or into a loot room or whatever, to grab keys, etc.  But did you know if you use a second visitor charge while still under the effects of the first one, you'll first get pulled back to your original spot, but then get pulled back to your second spot.  I imagine you can chain this even further!

4. Armored guards will be staggered if you hit them, even though it doesn't hurt them.  However, while your shotgun might not hurt them, the explosive decompression behind that window might...  Even if you can't use it to push them out a window, you can at least make them delay taking a shot at you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 08:38:58 am »

I think the concussion hammer has more kickback than the wrench, so that can be surprisingly effective for keeping armored guys tied up while you take out everyone else / escape / prepare to try something clever.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2017, 09:13:57 am »

This game is shockingly fun.  I have had several pretty amazing moments where you really felt like a badass.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2017, 09:51:49 am »

I've been playing this obsessively for the past several days. Thought I'd share a few of my favorite things.

Spoiler: Space and Shotguns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nonlethality (click to show/hide)

Of course, I've also done some bone-headed things. Like forgetting who my capture target is and accidentally blowing him away with a non-concussion shotgun. Or not noticing that there's a big-ass window, missing the guy I was aiming at, and sucking my target out of said window. Or going on a mission and only noticing that everyone is equipped with shields and I've forgotten all of my goodies once I arrived.

I love games like this. It's how I used to play Space Engineers as well - shoot off toward a military ship in a little pod, grind my way in, and set about finding the pilot's chair before heading back home with my loot. At the risk of hijacking this thread, do any other likeminded players know of more games like this?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:03:12 am by Mephisto »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2017, 10:25:58 am »

Send help. I've already sunk nine hours into this. In space no one can hear you sleep.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2017, 11:25:26 am »

I recently had a rescue mission that was going great, until I discovered that while you are not affected by glitch traps, the people you are carrying are, and spaced my target.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2017, 02:27:57 pm »

I once had a mission to steal something valuable from one of the bigger ships. At one point during the infiltration, the ship flew too close to an enemy station or something, because a few rooms near the front got blown away by missiles. I didn't worry about it until I neared the room containing my goal... only to discover it sealed by a level 6 lock. With the level 6 key card nowhere to be found. As far as I can tell, the guard or terminal had been located in one of the destroyed rooms.

This was before I knew that subverters could open doors. I didn't have the Brick at the time, nor did I have visitors unlocked for sale at my home base. So, I did the only logical thing: I slowed the ship down to as close to a standstill that I could manage...and then I took my pod and went hunting. Eventually, aboard a Glitch vessel, I found a single-use Visitor device. I brought it back to my objective ship, jumped in, and grabbed what I needed. Personal mission complete.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23