Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 44428 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2017, 12:35:11 pm »

Has anyone had any luck forcing their way in through a window with the normal pod? The windows are easy to spot, of course, but getting yourself to eject in the right direction, and then popping the window(You have to shoot the window, right?) seems tricky.  But it seems like a really cool way to shortcut a mission.
I've struggled with that since the alarm goes off when you run into the lights. Maybe the Sovereign could do it?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2017, 01:12:30 pm »

Saved Benetto Voidborn, the idiot.

Nice, you saved my character!
Unfortunately, that was the one I lost on purpose, so you won't get any good items from hi..  :-[

I've been playing around with The Brick and it's pretty cool, but most missions will reach the time limit once I hit a ship :/

Engines are nearly always very close to the entrance, just take them out (and note where your target is), then take your time with the brick.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2017, 01:26:29 pm »

I want to get my hands on a bunch of remote explosives, sneak some in all the engines, and blow them all at once.

The rescue mission for Egan's Breaker Craze consists of lots of Armored guards with Shotguns, the officers (bosses, whatever) have glitch dash, and I gotta make some sort of progress in 172 seconds. It actually seems like one of the easier missions, all things considered. Just need a bunch of grenades and an AP weapon for them glitch dashes.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2017, 01:28:18 pm »

Another thing I've been meaning to mention:

In the keybinds, you can bind a key for slow motion.  This happens automatically sometimes, but being able to do it whenever you want is really nice.  I bind it to shift, rebind the middle mouse button to free look, and lose the key for autowalk. 

Sometimes I feel like it's borderline cheating, since the tutorial doesn't mention it and it's unbound by default, and it's awful handy when you're trying to catch yourself quickly with your pod. 

Does anyone else use it?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2017, 01:45:13 pm »

I had a fucking impossible personal mission. Everyone had shields. Not emergency shields, but always on fuck you shields, and I had to kill some guy at the other side of the station.  I tried to load up on crashbeams and subverters, but... bleh.  I ended up getting captured.

How do you deal with shielded guys?

Don't forget that you can leave a ship and come back later, as long as it isn't alarmed. So you can go back to buy extra crashbeams and recharge your recharging ones.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2017, 02:05:16 pm »

Breaker Craze has been saved, and the achievement is mine! Before I retire this character, it's time for the real question: you guys wanna have a chance at an AP Shortblade or a Self-Charging Long Range Visitor? I capped an economic station and blew all my creds on mystery boxes, wound up with the Visitor. You guys'll probably prefer that, but I figured I'd ask. I really only want to do the shortblade so that Sexcalibur and Sexcalibur Mini are both floating around.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2017, 02:43:28 pm »

I couldn't find Self-Charging Visitors yet, so that would be awesome. Also, AP Shortblades can be bought from the shops (to me it was the first unlock from the Sovereign).

Has anyone had any luck forcing their way in through a window with the normal pod? The windows are easy to spot, of course, but getting yourself to eject in the right direction, and then popping the window(You have to shoot the window, right?) seems tricky.  But it seems like a really cool way to shortcut a mission.
I've struggled with that since the alarm goes off when you run into the lights. Maybe the Sovereign could do it?

I tried a looot of stuff and couldn't find a way to get inside a ship through its windows. Even tried using different types of teleporters. Unless the window is already broken, I don't think you can do it. I tried it with the Coldfire, too, sitting on the sensors. Nothing would work.

On other news, I now love Sidewinders. For some reason I didn't like them at first.. now I love them.
And selling everything before retiring a character and buying mystery boxes really is the way to go. I got a bunch of self-charging stuff out there.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2017, 03:44:02 pm »

Right, that's not even a question now that I think about it. Visitor it will be, no other votes necessary, scrubs.

Liberated my second stronghold with my Twin Gun badass. Used a self-charging sidewinder and crashbeam, plus an AP longblade as well as an AP Quick Pistol and a Silenced Pistol, with a side of self-charging slipstream. Managed to escape before the ship rammed the station, too. I made the Sidewinder available, since I have also really, really started to love those things.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2017, 04:00:47 pm »

How well optimized is this thing? I only have a low-end laptop to run it on, and I got burned by that last time I sprung for a new game (Hollow Knight runs at sub-30 fps on my machine).

Oof, looking at my system info...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...it meets the requirements listed on the Steam page, but... have any of you guys tried running it on slower machines?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2017, 05:17:34 pm »

Haven't tried running on my laptop yet.  I think it's worth trying and if it runs really bad, you can refund it..but I don't think it would be necessary.
There's a weird issue that devs are probably aware, after hours of playing the game might slow down, but all you have to do is restart it and it's fixed.

And by the way, I randomly found an Unique weapon! I didn't think there were more Uniques out there.
I'll be retiring this char, so hopefully more people can get it!

Spoiler: The Multiball (click to show/hide)

PS: It's a grenade shotgun!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:19:40 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2017, 05:26:18 pm »

Welp, lost my first character. Was doing the Foundry Stronghold mission, everything was going smoothly. I killed the pilot (he was armored, so AP Longblade was the only way to go), took command, set course for the stronghold...and discovered that I had a mere 3 seconds to get off the ship.

This character had had poor luck with drops, with only a single swapper for teleportation power and no slipstreams to give myself more time. I did the only thing I could think of: run to the nearest window and blast it open with a concussive shotgun, launching myself into space.

That should have worked, and I took control of my pod right away. Only, it didn't. My character seemed to get pinned to the front of the ship, rather than drift away from it as I had intended. What's worse, I seemed to lose control of my pod at some point in the mad rush. As in, it stopped responding to my commands. Whatever the hell happened, the siege ship rammed the stronghold and I found myself back at my home base, with little to nothing to show for it.

RIP Nameless Space-Badass
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2017, 05:34:17 pm »

Some end game spoilers;

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2017, 05:45:30 pm »

RIP Nameless Space-Badass

RIP. As a tip, you can cancel the route and re-take control of the ship, take some distance, and then try it again.
Of course, it's cooler if you can escape in the 1~3 seconds you usually get, but that'll usually require Slipstreams.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2017, 05:48:47 pm »

How well optimized is this thing? I only have a low-end laptop to run it on, and I got burned by that last time I sprung for a new game (Hollow Knight runs at sub-30 fps on my machine).

Oof, looking at my system info...
...it meets the requirements listed on the Steam page, but... have any of you guys tried running it on slower machines?
Haven't tried running it on any slower machines. However, I feel like there's some sort of memory leakage going on with it. Over time, it runs slower and slower until I restart the program, and it seems to run worst inside the stations (somehow). I can counteract the slowdown for a while, but eventually I'm hitting single-digit framerates constantly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2017, 06:04:37 pm »

The game runs fine on my old laptop, the main problem is that it takes a little while to load when I first load in, and when I go to the mission select screen the first time.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23