Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Cave]  (Read 3201 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Cave]
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 12:57:57 am »

Examine the bags. Probably that means opening them, but make sure I don't damage the strings; I'd like to retie them tightly when I'm done prodding.

Also examine the corpse, if I'm not too distracted by bagloot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 01:11:32 am »

Examine the bags. Probably that means opening them, but make sure I don't damage the strings; I'd like to retie them tightly when I'm done prodding.

Also examine the corpse, if I'm not too distracted by bagloot.

You open the left-most bag,
[2] It is full - literally FULL - of small bones and bone fragments. Bloody kobolds.
Followed by the right most,
[2] You guessed it - more bones.
The strings remain in good shape, and you retie both bags.

With a sigh, you examine the corpse.
[4] It looks kind of like a kobold, but you don't have any way of knowing for sure. Its badly mangled, and missing several parts.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 01:30:23 am »

Nabid shrugs. "Seen worse."

Loot the bags if I can carry them easily, then creep to the right.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 10:42:56 am »

Nabid shrugs. "Seen worse."

Loot the bags if I can carry them easily, then creep to the right.
They have a fair bit of weight to them, but the drawstrings loop around your shoulders rather easily, so you take them with you.

Taking the right, you find yourself surrounded by rubble. Wooden boards, hunks of stone, and an ungodly amount of dust calls this room home. You'd hazard a guess that this was once a way further down, but it's likely un-passable now.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:12:28 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 02:09:05 pm »

Give digging through it a try. Quietly, if possible, we wouldn't want to interrupt the bear's meal.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 02:15:00 pm »

Give digging through it a try. Quietly, if possible, we wouldn't want to interrupt the bear's meal.

You try to quietly dig into some of the rubble
[1] It's all wedged in there tight, and while trying to pull out one of the larger boards, you cause some other rubble to rather loudly re-shift. A loud grunt comes from the room with the blind cave bear: it heard something.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 02:27:28 pm »

Nabid begins whistling nonchalantly, before realizing that's counterproductive.

Try to sneak back to the crossroad and down the unexplored passage before the bear arrives to investigate.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 07:47:46 pm »

Nabid begins whistling nonchalantly, before realizing that's counterproductive.

Try to sneak back to the crossroad and down the unexplored passage before the bear arrives to investigate.

You stick to the wall and quietly enter the crossroad from once you came. You were hoping to beat the bear here, but you can see it moving up from the south-most hallway of the crossroads.
[2] Your foot makes contact with a pebble as you're walking, kicking it against the wall and making a surprisingly loud sound. The bear turns directly towards you and unleashes a terrifying loud roar. It knows you're here.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 01:56:33 pm »

Attempt to soothe the bear with song.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 02:12:27 pm »

Attempt to soothe the bear with song.

To soothe this beast, you break into song.
[10] You voice carries throughout the halls of this cave as only a dwarf's would. You regale this cave bear with your best possible rendition of "Urist's pride and fall", a tale of a dwarf who simply dug too deep. The bear seems utterly enchanted by your tune, so much so that it walks directly up to, pushes its weight into you, and falls asleep. While you're not dead, your body is now trapped under what must be several hundred pounds of sleeping bear.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 02:55:17 pm »

"Mabid wur a gemius," he says, muffled under several hundred pounds of murder.

Experiment with nodding off myself. Back before I was raised by a necromancer, I'd sleep allll the time instead of completing important tasks. I wonder if that still works now?

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 07:28:49 pm »

Surrounded by warm, comfortable fur, you decide to try nodding off instead of doing your work.
[5] Try as you might, you can't seem to fall asleep. Whether on not that's the whole "being undead" thing or just your current sense of needing to do something important, you can't tell.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 07:55:40 pm »

Try to gently wriggle free, then.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 08:05:59 pm »

As comfortable as this is, you decide that being stuck under a sleeping bear is not an optimal situation. You attempt to wiggle free.

[8] It takes some time, but you manage to free yourself from the furry prison without waking the bear.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 08:10:29 pm »

"Hm... say crystal, whaddya reckon the odds are of me lootin this here bear?"

While contemplating the ultimate heist, explore the last unexplored loop of the cave.
Pages: 1 [2] 3