Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]  (Read 13528 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2017, 07:08:23 pm »

Help out the interrogation by looking threatening in the background
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2017, 10:55:49 pm »

Merrily stroll around the corner as though nothing was wrong.
You casually stroll around the corner and are greeted by a rather grisly sight; blood coats the walls of a hallway which you can see past a raised gate. One goblin lays dead in the middle of the hall, and another is pinned against the wall by a human you recognize as Reynald. Another human is puffing himself up at the other end of the hall, you assume attempting to look tough.

"let's start simple. What is your name, you unlucky sod?"
Attempt to learn where they keep their prisoners and where the warchief Zugzanar usually is. Give em a thrashing if they don't cooperate.
You ask his name, and he spits on your boots in return. You direct a kick his way.
[8] He doubles over in agony, coughing up blood.
You then ask him for details involving prisoners and his general, your foot ready to 'persuade' him again.

At the mention of the general he begins laughing.
"The General? You're here for the general," he interrupts himself with another bout of pained laughter, "He's in the arena most times. Right down at the bottom of the underfort. We don't keep prisoners, so I'm gonna guess the old man sent you after the girl."

He takes the quick look of recognition that passes across your face as confirmation, and begins laughing again.
"Dead a looooooong time boss. The general killed her the second we brought her down here. We let the old fool suffer, imagining the terrible sorts of stuff we was doing to her."

He stops, letting his words sink in, with a wicked smile on his face.
"Now get it over with. We both know how this ends. Best of luck ever even seeing the bottom of this fort."

With those last words, he closes his eyes, ready for what comes next.

Help out the interrogation by looking threatening in the background
You puff yourself up, trying to look as big as possible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2017, 11:21:29 pm »

"Yep, only one way," Nabid affirms, nodding sagely. He scoops up a nearby goblin weapon off the floor, approaches the prisoner, and shoves it into his hand.

"Yer on our side now. We've got two humans and a dwarf, and that's not quite enough for a proper arena team. You win, ye get to stab yer boss in the back and take his stuff. You lose, ye die an honorable goblin death trying to stab yer boss in the back and take his stuff."

Display my amazing ability to differentiate friend from foe, then lead the way deeper into the underfort.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2017, 01:35:39 am »

An utterly confused Fildo just watches as a dwarf walks up and arms their prisoner

Wait to see if it works
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2017, 05:26:12 pm »

"actually, I'm going to be nice and give you one of two choices. You can die a horrible death after telling the gravekeeper about her daughter, or you can break this crystal and serve my master. Take your pick, death now, or death later?"
offer it a chance to serve Rathine. If it refuses, drag them to the old man and let him have vengeance as they see fit.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2017, 02:26:58 pm »

"Yep, only one way," Nabid affirms, nodding sagely. He scoops up a nearby goblin weapon off the floor, approaches the prisoner, and shoves it into his hand.

"Yer on our side now. We've got two humans and a dwarf, and that's not quite enough for a proper arena team. You win, ye get to stab yer boss in the back and take his stuff. You lose, ye die an honorable goblin death trying to stab yer boss in the back and take his stuff."

Display my amazing ability to differentiate friend from foe, then lead the way deeper into the underfort.
You shove the weapon back in the Goblin's hand, and he looks completely and utterly awestruck.
[8] Before laughing, and slowly rising to his feet.
"You dwarves are fucking crazy, you know that?" He grins, and stops for a second, "Fine, I'll help you on one condition: I walk out of here if we live through this, with as much of the Generals stuff as I want. Clear? And the oh so righteous knight here ain't allowed to follow me."

He awaits your response.

An utterly confused Fildo just watches as a dwarf walks up and arms their prisoner

Wait to see if it works
The look of confusion on your face is mirrored by every other party, and surprisingly, by Rathine.
"Did.... did he actually just do that? First the bear, and now this?"

"actually, I'm going to be nice and give you one of two choices. You can die a horrible death after telling the gravekeeper about her daughter, or you can break this crystal and serve my master. Take your pick, death now, or death later?"
offer it a chance to serve Rathine. If it refuses, drag them to the old man and let him have vengeance as they see fit.
Your crystal giggles,
"Oh Reynald, I like 'master' soooo much more than 'vile necromancer'~"

He spits on your boots again at your offer.
"You heard my proposal. Terms are final. Yes or no?"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:32:20 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2017, 06:22:40 pm »

"you do realize we can just kill you here and now, and have no reason to accept your demands, right? Give us a good reason Why we should let you have his gear. Better yet, take this crystal, like I said before, and break it. At least then we can be certain of your loyalty if you even survive."
keep the goblin at swordpoint and refuse his demands. he's the one at risk of dying here, not us.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2017, 08:29:52 pm »

Nabid scratches the back of his head.

"Now that's all kinds of backwards. First of all, he's a goblin, so we already know he's not loyal. Secondly, we need him for the general, not back in the fort.

Third, he's probably gonna die down here anyway, not sure why you're making such a big fuss about it."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2017, 09:04:08 pm »

"We don't Need them. We might want them, but I am confident we don't need them. Also, you are aware that among other things, we have a very powerful necromancer in our ranks? Worst case, he will be sent back a mindless thrall if he causes trouble."

a bit of time shortly after saying this, an idea popped into his head, realizing that the grave-tenders daughter could still possibly be "saved" in a way.

"Rathine, If I were to give up my share of the loot, would you be willing to do me a favor later?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2017, 11:26:32 pm »

Nabid waggles a hand. "Need, want, close enough. Ye can't deny two humans and a dwarf doesn't have quite the same ring to it, though, and a mindless shell doesn't really count. More'va mascot than a fourth, you know."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2017, 01:07:02 am »

Stay near the back and just watch the mid battle requitment stupidity
My Sig

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2017, 04:11:52 pm »

(( I don't have an action from you here Irony. Can I assume you just want to try and convince the others with your turn? ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2017, 06:24:16 pm »

((Yeah, sure.))

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2017, 12:50:27 am »

"you do realize we can just kill you here and now, and have no reason to accept your demands, right? Give us a good reason Why we should let you have his gear. Better yet, take this crystal, like I said before, and break it. At least then we can be certain of your loyalty if you even survive."
keep the goblin at swordpoint and refuse his demands. he's the one at risk of dying here, not us.
"Then kill me. I'm no one's slave. But if you intend to just frolic down the halls of a goblin underfort unmolested you've got another thing comin'." He growls at you, seemingly unfazed by the sword at his breast, "There's enough goblins and traps and beasts in this place to make your fuckin' head spin."

"Rathine, If I were to give up my share of the loot, would you be willing to do me a favor later?"
Your crystal buzzes for a moment before any response is heard.
"I'm not one to give out I.O.U's, Reynald, especially when I'm not sure what kind of loot you'd even find. What is this favour you want?"

Nabid scratches the back of his head.

"Now that's all kinds of backwards. First of all, he's a goblin, so we already know he's not loyal. Secondly, we need him for the general, not back in the fort.

Third, he's probably gonna die down here anyway, not sure why you're making such a big fuss about it."

You try to convince the others that trusting the goblin that had just tried to kill them is an excellent idea.
[8] You make a very strong case. The entire party has no idea of the layout of this place, much less the location of what must be numerous other guards, traps, and all manner of other nasties. Besides, the goblin could also show you where the loot is.

Stay near the back and just watch the mid battle requitment stupidity
This mid-battle recruitment is rather stupid, you feel, but you watch on in quiet, awestruck silence.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2017, 01:48:56 am »

"If that were the case, wouldn't sending a guard as a runner to sound the alarm be pointless? Obviously it can't be that dangerous as long as we keep aware, so last chance. Break the crystal, or off with your head."
give him one last chance to reconsider his life choices. If he refuses again, kill em and get a move on. Hopefully we can find the daughter's body intact.

"Well, since you were able to bring me back, I figured you might be able to do the same for others without making them into another soldier. I'm sure I can accommodate you lootwise, even if it's over more than one job. I just want to know if you're able and willing to concider it."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8