Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]  (Read 13553 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2017, 10:20:29 pm »

Okay, I'm calling bullshit on these rolls. It's been a stalemate between me and the runner for three turns where he rolls high and I roll low. What is this bullcrap?
Also, I believe that this anticlimactic flailing justifies no rolls for getting up, though maybe a roll penalty would be better suited.

Get up now, and tackle the runner back down before he can get away!
(We're rolling dice. All of this has been more than in the realm of possibility. If you distrust that I'm giving you the rolls as they come, I'd be happy to post the roll log from here on out. RNG is cruel like that. You'd rather a roll penalty on the next roll? How does that realistically change anything? Changes it from doesn't stand to tries to tackle the goblin, misses, and ends up on the ground again.\)
[6] Your mental preperation finally pays off, and you take to your feet slowly.

Having regained your legs, you move to tackle the fleeing goblin,
[ [2] (Attack) vs [8-1] (Dodge)] but he jumps to the side, causing you to miss. You stand up again, wearily.

Punt the goblin that just got up then swing at the fighting goblin trying to keep him from getting his weapon

(how are two goblins this much trouble)
(The RNG gods aren't being kind.)
You advance, and aim a kick at the newly risen goblin.
[ [2] (Attack) vs [8-1] ] But he dodges your kick as well, and starts off down the hallway.

Before you can chase after him, the other goblin advances upon you, targeting your midsection with a stab,
[ [10+1](Attack) vs [2](Block] ] and you react too slowly to deflect it [D15 for damage: 1-2 (Armour), but it deflects off and to the left of your armour.

Spoiler: Roll Log (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:34:23 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2017, 10:48:05 pm »

(Ok who pissed off RNGjesus this is getting stupid. Just to make clear I dont think that you are modding any of the rolls just that our luck is terrible)

Impale the running goblin through the back as he tries to run
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2017, 05:15:05 am »

(It at least makes the rolls less boring because you're not permanently flailing to try and do ANYTHING because of bad rolls. It's not exactly entertaining having to roll for three turns to just try and stand up on either side. Also, you can get creative with how the penalty is applied: it could be a roll malus, or the enemy could act first because you were busy standing up, or potentially both.)
Keep the fighter busy while my friend deals with the runner. Feint a stab into a neck-level slice and attempt to behead them!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2017, 02:09:24 pm »

( Here's how we'll go from here on out. Getting up will be an auto-success roll under normal circumstances, but there will still be a roll attached. From that roll, you'll get either a negative modifier on a fail (<=5), and no modifier on a success (>=6). That modifier will vary in severity depending on how badly you fail the roll. Sound agreeable?)

(It at least makes the rolls less boring because you're not permanently flailing to try and do ANYTHING because of bad rolls. It's not exactly entertaining having to roll for three turns to just try and stand up on either side. Also, you can get creative with how the penalty is applied: it could be a roll malus, or the enemy could act first because you were busy standing up, or potentially both.)
Keep the fighter busy while my friend deals with the runner. Feint a stab into a neck-level slice and attempt to behead them!

You direct a stab feint at your opponents neck, and then transition into a back handed swing.
[ [8+3] (Attack) vs [1-1] (Dodge) ] He goes all in on dodging the stab, and the blade comes down with crushing force on his neckguard. [D15 for damage = 4-2 (Armour)] The neckguard absorbs most of the blow, but you leave a shallow cut across his neck. He scrambles back and retrieves his sword.

(Ok who pissed off RNGjesus this is getting stupid. Just to make clear I dont think that you are modding any of the rolls just that our luck is terrible)

Impale the running goblin through the back as he tries to run

You leap at the runner sword first, looking to impale him from behind.
[ [9+3] (Attack) vs [3-1] (Dodge)] The goblin fails to maneuver away from you blade, and it strikes him dead center from behind. [D15 for damage = 1-2 (Armour)]The blade deflects off of the rounded surface, and swerves off to the left harmlessly. The runner turns around now, and re-draws his blade. It is abundantly clear that he isn't going to break pursuit, so he prepares to fight.

Spoiler: Roll Log (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2017, 04:59:50 pm »

Seems good to me.
Pull my sword free of his neckguard, using the motion to saw the rest of the way through and cut into them deeply!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2017, 09:19:40 pm »

Boot the goblin then bring my sword down on him in a crushing blow

(sounds good )
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2017, 11:02:36 am »

Seems good to me.
Pull my sword free of his neckguard, using the motion to saw the rest of the way through and cut into them deeply!
(It didn't stick in his neckguard, he backed away and retrieved his blade. I'm going to take that action as another swing at his neck.)
You advance on the goblin again, not wishing to let up on your onslaught, and unleash to swing directed at his neck.
[ [2+3](Attack) vs [5-1](Dodge) ] He attempts to duck the swing, and while the blade misses his neck, it impacts his helmet, [D5 for damage: 5-2(Armour)] heavily denting it and sending him to the ground.

Boot the goblin then bring my sword down on him in a crushing blow
(sounds good )
You direct a kick at the goblin,
[ [9](Attack) vs [1-1](Dodge) ] and it impacts him directly in the gut, causing him to double over in pain.
With him unable to move, you bring your blade down in a crushing downward arc,
[ [8+3] ] The blade impacts his shoulder directly with crushing force, [D15 for Damage: 12-2 and cleaves through his armour like butter. The Goblin's arm sails off in an Arc! The goblin collapses to the ground, not yet dead, but certainly bleeding to death. [Status gained: Critical Bleeding. Roll D10 saving throw. If 8=<, reduce bleeding severity. If <=8, die.]

Nabid
You regain your senses to find yourself just outside of a graveyard cloaked in moonlight. Your crystal buzzes,
"Along the back fence of the graveyard, there's three tombs. Go into the middle, follow the passage downward, and you'll find your compatriots. Best of luck~"

(Also, do you want to wear the amulet? No need to, it'll pull either way, but if it's not equipped I'll need an action whenever you want to check it.)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2017, 11:46:52 am »

With my opponent out of the fight turn and help out my Allie by impaling his goblin to the ground with my sword
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:48:12 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2017, 02:15:17 pm »

Wear all the bling, of course. Head to the center tomb and down.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2017, 07:31:59 pm »

"Lets not kill him yet. He has a better idea of this place's layout than we do. necromancer, can you offer assistance in this manner, or shall I do it the old fashioned way?"

disarm and interrogate the fighter. Have my friend finish off the runner before he helps me.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2017, 09:24:03 pm »

With my opponent out of the fight turn and help out my Allie by impaling his goblin to the ground with my sword
"Lets not kill him yet. He has a better idea of this place's layout than we do. necromancer, can you offer assistance in this manner, or shall I do it the old fashioned way?"

disarm and interrogate the fighter. Have my friend finish off the runner before he helps me.
(( Your actions are conflicting. So I can either roll the turn and let it shake out as it may, or one of you guys can edit your action. Wanted to give you an opportunity to choose. ))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2017, 12:47:29 am »

Follow his directions execute the runner then block the entrance with my body in case the other tries to run
My Sig

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2017, 01:37:32 pm »

Wear all the bling, of course. Head to the center tomb and down.
You hang your necklace around your neck, and place your  new bone ring securely on your finger before marching forth. The center tomb, as described, has an opening revealing a staircase heading down into the recesses of the earth. You merrily begin trotting down the stairs, and after sometime, reach the bottom. A short hallway greets you at the bottom, and around the corner, you hear sounds of combat.

You go to stomp on the fallen goblin's hand,
[9] and hear a crunch as the goblin screams in agony. His sword hand is thoroughly destroyed, and his blade remains on the floor as you pick him up and toss him into the nearby wall.

"As much as I love a good interrogation, I'm afraid there's not much I can do without being there. The good old fashion way is ever so fun, in any case~"

The goblin glares at you from his seat against the wall, and looks rather unwilling to talk.
(( For interrogation, I'll need a question to pose the interogatee. Need to know what exactly you want to know. ))

Follow his directions execute the runner then block the entrance with my body in case the other tries to run
You put your blade against the fallen goblin's neck and push down in an executioner's stance.
[8+3] It bypasses the exposed flesh, easily severing most of his head from his body.
Goblin Runner has been struck down!

You take up a defensive position at the end of the hall, keeping a watchful eye on the newly captured goblin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2017, 01:51:06 pm »

Merrily stroll around the corner as though nothing was wrong.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2017, 04:02:56 pm »

"let's start simple. What is your name, you unlucky sod?"
Attempt to learn where they keep their prisoners and where the warchief Zugzanar usually is. Give em a thrashing if they don't cooperate.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:06:58 pm by Dustan Hache »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8