Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]  (Read 13541 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2017, 01:37:14 pm »

focus on keeping the runner on the ground and deflecting strikes from his friend till either he tries to run too or a opening presents itself to stab him.

[9] The downed goblin springs up to his feet like a bolt of green lightning, turning immediately to alert the fortress
[ [2] (Attack) vs [2-1] (Dodge) ] But you catch the back of his leg with your boot, causing him to stumble.

The other goblin swings at your turned back again,
[ [8+1] (Attack) vs [9] (Block) ] But you manage to just barely deflect it with your gauntlet, again.

After a moment to prosses that infomation Fildo breaks into a sprint for the middle tomb to aid his companion
You break off into a full sprint, and reach the tomb in a few minutes. Sure enough, there is a staircase leading down into the dark earth.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 04:15:14 pm »

stomp down on the back of the runner to keep him from moving, then try to feint a stab and behead his friend.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 07:39:35 pm »

Run down into the darkness towards the clashing of metal
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2017, 09:08:51 pm »

stomp down on the back of the runner to keep him from moving, then try to feint a stab and behead his friend.
You go to deliver a swift stomp to the downed goblin to stop his moving once and for all.
[1] You drive your boot into the stone floor instead, hard. The mix of the un-expected inelasticity of hitting the floor and the severe pain pulsing from your ankle cause you to fall to the floor. [ D5 for damage: 3. HP = 7/20

[1] The downed goblin again tries to leap up, and again fails. This time however, he crunches his head on the way down, knocking him unconscious.

His friend, however, looks to use your newly fallen state to his advantage, and directs a stab at your chest.
[ [10+1] (Attack) vs [8] (Block) ] [D5 for Damage = 4 - 5 (Armour)And though you fail to block his blade, it deflects harmlessly off your armour.

Amidst the roar of battle, you hear your crystal buzz.
"Your back-up is here, Reynald. Try not to accidentally kill the other human."

Run down into the darkness towards the clashing of metal
You reach the bottom of the staircase after several minutes. Upon turning the corner at the end of a small hallway, you see two goblins: one, un-moving on the floor, and the other standing menacingly over Reynald.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 09:42:54 pm »

damit. Get up and beat the ever-loving crap out of the remaining unpacified goblin.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2017, 09:48:20 pm »

Yelling a wordless battle cry Fildo charged the goblin intent on removing its head from its shoulders
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2017, 10:38:15 pm »

damit. Get up and beat the ever-loving crap out of the remaining unpacified goblin.

You attempt to rise.
[2] But the pain in your leg is too great, and you remain lying down.

The goblin appears to ready another strike as a yell rings out from behind him. He turns to meet this new foe.

Yelling a wordless battle cry Fildo charged the goblin intent on removing its head from its shoulders

You charge the goblin, and step into a great swing with your two-handed sword.
[ [1+3] (Attack) vs [10-1] (Dodge) ] But the goblin easily ducks your wild swing, and counter attacks with a stab towards your torso,
[ [5+1] (Attack) vs [8] (Block) ] which you easily parry with your sword, sending the stab wide

[10] The unconscious goblin regains consciousness, and aware of how important speed is in this matter, attempts to roll into a stand. Unfortunately, that blow must have gave him a concussion, because his roll smashes his head into the left wall, knocking him back unconscious.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2017, 10:50:03 pm »

pain is just mental! Get the hell back up, drag the unconscious runner closer to the airlock and restrain him somehow!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2017, 11:40:56 pm »

Put myself between the goblin and my ally try to overwhelm his smaller form with powerful strikes
My Sig

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2017, 02:20:08 pm »

pain is just mental! Get the hell back up, drag the unconscious runner closer to the airlock and restrain him somehow!
[1] It might be just mental, but it sure as hell feels physical. You clutch your leg while rolling on the ground.
[10] (This poor goblin is stuck in a slapstick routine) He awakes, and again tries to rise. He stands, shakily, takes three steps, before tripping, smashing his head, and falling back unconscious.

Put myself between the goblin and my ally try to overwhelm his smaller form with powerful strikes

You maneuver yourself between the goblin and Reynald, and bear down upon him with several powerful swings.
[ [8+3] (Attack) vs [7-1] (Dodge) ] His dodge isn't quick enough this time, however [D10 for Damage: 4-2 (Armour)] and you manage to lightly pierce his shoulder plate, leaving a shallow cut. He takes your out of place sword as a chance to strike,
[ [2+1] (Attack) vs [7] (Block) but you casually knock his blade aside with your gauntlet.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2017, 02:23:03 pm »

are you kidding me?! I'm a goddamn knight, not some untrained pansy who's never taken a punch in their life! Get. The hell. UP!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2017, 05:48:30 pm »

Slice and dice show this goblin that it messed with the wrong human
My Sig

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2017, 08:03:10 pm »

are you kidding me?! I'm a goddamn knight, not some untrained pansy who's never taken a punch in their life! Get. The hell. UP!
(I can't even believe this.)
[1] You self pep-talk seemed to be working, until you tried to get up. Nope. Its nice on the floor, anyway.

[8] The multiply concussed goblin awakes again, and this time rises slowly, using the wall to help him up. He prepares to take off into the fortress.

Slice and dice show this goblin that it messed with the wrong human
You aim a combination of blows at your goblin foe
[ [3+3] (Attack) vs [10-1] (Dodge) ] But he sidesteps you easily, seemingly reading your motions before winding up for an overhead slice,
[ [9+1] (Attack) vs [2] (Block) You move too slow to stop the blow with your gauntlet, and it slams into your shoulder [D15 for damage: 3-2 (Armour), it pierces the plate, but only just, just barely biting into the flesh on your shoulder. The vibrations from the blow shake the blade from the goblin's hand, and it falls to the floor.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2017, 08:27:13 pm »

Okay, I'm calling bullshit on these rolls. It's been a stalemate between me and the runner for three turns where he rolls high and I roll low. What is this bullcrap?
Also, I believe that this anticlimactic flailing justifies no rolls for getting up, though maybe a roll penalty would be better suited.

Get up now, and tackle the runner back down before he can get away!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2017, 08:27:27 pm »

Punt the goblin that just got up then swing at the fighting goblin trying to keep him from getting his weapon

(how are two goblins this much trouble)
My Sig

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8