Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Game over!  (Read 38625 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 2 has no time for monsters
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2017, 03:54:41 am »

Okay so first, my thoughts. None of these roleflips reflect any of the roles listed in the OP, which is a surprise. ATH flipped town without question, but both the Ghoul and the Devil flipped kind of vaguely allegiance-wise, so drawing conclusions from that I would say that they might be from two separate third parties, both malicious. Who killed Shakerag?
If it helps, my role is part of the OP :V

Also, time for archive trawling! Ghoul...sounds like this thing, of which I have personal experience with the role myself in one bastard game where I won with Bookthras :3
leafsnail (other)
 You’re an odd sort. Which, considering that you’re actually a Ghoul isn’t that surprising. You exist in a strange state between life and death, and that state gives you a hatred and mistrust of all living creatures. So much so that you’re willing to kill them. Your connection with death also grants you strength, and through the consumption of dead flesh you can gain even more power.

Each night you may choose to Kill an opponent. Alternatively, if there is a corpse available, you may choose to Eat it instead. If you eat a corpse you gain power and your next kill becomes unblockable.

You win when there is no one left to oppose you.

The Devil reminds me of when I read a lot of Soupernaturals in the past. This thing, who coincidentally is always Leafsnail (:P), is as follows.
Leafsnail (other)
    You are a Devil, here to seduce the folk of this town into surrendering their souls for power. Each night you may select a player to Offer Power to. You may offer them one of the following powers:
    o One-shot Night Kill (or an unblockable night kill if they have a normal one)
        o One-shot Protection
        o One-shot Role-block
        o One-shot Investigation of a player's Role and Faction
        o One-shot Redirection

How you wish to phrase the offer is entirely up to you (all, some, or only one of the options). You can grant any of those powers, although only one per person. If the player accepts, then you gain their soul and they gain the power.

The offer is made through me, in order to hide your identity.

Once you have 3 souls you win, taking all of those who souls you took with you back to the hells.

Now for the Templar which sounds REALLY COOL and I want that one day :'(
. . .Err, I can't find any REAL APPLIED role other than one spotted in discussions somewhat, so searching it up on Mafia stuffs, I find this?
So err, going by Meph's discussed (link = 'cussion') thing, the only link is a "Charismatic Cultist", OF WHICH IS ME!
Tiruin - You are a Charismatic Cultist, and the one who drew the others into your confidence. You who dusted off the ancient tomes, and spoke the forgotten truths of your faith. Once during the game you may choose to attempt to convert the target rather than sacrifice them. Note that you must be the one to approach them for this to work. With the ancient power behind you, there are few who could possibly resist such an offer.
...Some good memories, that. But I still feel bad that I knew that I was a surprise to everyone else so...yeah.

Meaning, of which I infer, we've got 5 dudes left! Meaning 3 town probably maybe versus 2 Mafia maybe somehow probably?
    hector13
    TheDarkStar
    Teneb
    Reverie
    Tiruin
    juicebox
    AbstractTraitorHero - Town Templar
    Shakerag - Ghoul
    BlackHeartKabal - Devil
But but, that means there's a Charismatic Cultist IN THE LEAST I'D INFER, or something related to the Templar! :O

And uh...
“BlackHeartKabal, or what is left of him, seems to have been eaten. However, we should not mourn him too much. It seems, based on a series of tattoos still visible on his neck that he was a host for a Devil. No doubt here to cause mischief, or worse.”
Yep, a Ghoul ate you.
“Shakerag was, I believe, the one who ate BlackHeartKabal. He was a Ghoul, a sad soul cursed by some black magic to kill and eat others to survive. His death makes us all safer, but there is still the question of who managed to kill such a creature? I fear we are still all in great danger.”
...Wow I didn't read the flavor but the bolded portions, but the villager doing this really helped out who killed who. :P
Now why would said villager make it worse and NOT say how this one was killed?! :I

Yeah other than mention that they died horrifically. :V It'd be HILARIOUS if they targeted each other. Or Ghoul got redirected onto himself (not possible given the readings), and then what.

I'd say this is LYLO but I'm all weirded out.
And then there was no Mafia but everyone was Ghouls :P (Ok not really. Doesn't read like there are any duplicates)

I'm still trusting Reverie. :I
And I will assume that the Ghoul died by...not the Mafia. Because something would be TELLING. Because being a past Charismatic Cultist, I got to sacrifice people on an altar! Hmph! [/totallynotevil]
I killed Cmega (who is Caroline, and is a cool gal) like this, but this is public flavor of what that looks like (edited to follow up this).

Meph: Can we check the deceased's doors, houses, and belongings? Please do that for all 3 dead dudes, thank you!
So I'm kinda making an assumption the Cha. Cultist is a thing, and we're fighting a Mafia CULT.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2017, 05:42:09 am »

Teneb, your jump onto the bandwagon in hindsight was little more than just that. Your reasoning about breaking the tie works just as well for scum and town, and considering the flip I have a vague notion that you are more likely the former.
I made a decision with the minimal information available to me yesterday. Which is more than can be said for nearly everyone else considering the minimal quantity of votes cast.

Okay so first, my thoughts. None of these roleflips reflect any of the roles listed in the OP, which is a surprise. ATH flipped town without question, but both the Ghoul and the Devil flipped kind of vaguely allegiance-wise, so drawing conclusions from that I would say that they might be from two separate third parties, both malicious. Who killed Shakerag?
If it helps, my role is part of the OP :V

Also, time for archive trawling! Ghoul...sounds like this thing, of which I have personal experience with the role myself in one bastard game where I won with Bookthras :3
leafsnail (other)
 You’re an odd sort. Which, considering that you’re actually a Ghoul isn’t that surprising. You exist in a strange state between life and death, and that state gives you a hatred and mistrust of all living creatures. So much so that you’re willing to kill them. Your connection with death also grants you strength, and through the consumption of dead flesh you can gain even more power.

Each night you may choose to Kill an opponent. Alternatively, if there is a corpse available, you may choose to Eat it instead. If you eat a corpse you gain power and your next kill becomes unblockable.

You win when there is no one left to oppose you.
Stop absolutely everything.

Teneb: If you were an SK who could instead prepare a night making your next kill unblockable, would you focus on kill attempts or unstoppable kills?
Huh. We let a huge slip go right past us. Fuck me for not noticing, I guess.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2017, 06:05:00 am »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2017, 07:15:06 am »

Err, wot? o_o

Teneb: If you were an SK who could instead prepare a night making your next kill unblockable, would you focus on kill attempts or unstoppable kills?
Huh. We let a huge slip go right past us. Fuck me for not noticing, I guess.
What do you think about people's RVS questions then, if they mention a certain role towards other people or certain situations?

Also am reading up stuff because 6 people alive doesn't make me feel good to the situation at present.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2017, 09:22:35 am »

It was inevitable.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2017, 11:31:15 am »

You posting Leafsnail's flip caused me to realize the incredible slip BHK did in RVS.

As for your question, it depends. You can ask about another role to fish or to mislead.

Turns out my answer may have prompted BHK to go for Shakerag instead of preparing for an unblockable kill. Sorry Shakes.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2017, 02:28:45 pm »

What makes you think BHK was the one what killed Shakerag?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2017, 02:48:01 pm »

What makes you think BHK was the one what killed Shakerag?
Wait. Damn it, I misread the day start flavour. For whatever reason I thought BHK was the Ghoul and Shakerag was the Devil. I have no idea why BHK asked Ghoul-specific advice then.

I was going to say because the flavour said Shakerag was eaten, but turns out that it was BHK who got nom'd. Reading is hard.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2017, 09:31:36 pm »

I dunno man, if BHK and Shakerag were TP, they both seem anti-town. Seems a bit excessive to have at least two of those and two scum. Perhaps we're working with all the anti-town factions being TP?

Anyway, BHK (presumably) made me an offer last night, I refused.

[wifom]Evidently I'm not trustworthy enough to offer a kill :'([/wifom]

Previous Supernatural players: seeing as I'm too lazy to check, has Meph ever repeated the scum faction in past games?

Tiruin: you say you're still trusting Reverie, but their play D1 was more toward theorizing re: Shakerag's "Did I read my PM? Maybes aye, maybes naw" and poking other players than generating content, and has gone after two stupendously obvious targets at the start of D2. What exactly is it about 'em that makes you comfortable ignoring them for the time being?

Everyone else: the fuck were you not voting anyone for Please provide a short summary of the reason(s) why you were not voting by the end of a double extended D1, and how you will remedy this during D2.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2017, 11:51:30 pm »

Maybe Shakerag was a serial killer but BHK was one of the two(?) scum on a team. That assumes that there even is a scumteam, but it would make sense with ATH's flip - it kinda makes sense for a Templar to fight demons. I see this as more likely than having a two-man scumteam left because that would mean that almost half the starting players were scum. (we know there isn't a three-man scum  team still out there because otherwise the game would be over by now, barring vigilantes/more 3Ps). It's also possible that we started with three mutually opposed third parties and there's one left. Either way, we probably have one scum left.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2017, 12:00:23 am »

PPE: I was not voting because I was busy. Later, I wasn't voting because I knew that while I could ask people questions I wouldn't be around before the end of the day to see how they responded.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2017, 02:10:43 am »

Hector:
Everyone else: the fuck were you not voting anyone for Please provide a short summary of the reason(s) why you were not voting by the end of a double extended D1, and how you will remedy this during D2.

I think the biggest problem in my case is that I am mostly available during the EU daytime, but not in the evenings. I spend those with my boyfriend and as a consequence don't get am opportunity to post when things get busy. I don't expect I'll see another post until maybe about noon (Tiruin pops up, etc.) and you particularly seem to post in my evenings and early morning hours. I think I operate best when timezones are agreeable and chat is less correspondence-y, if that makes sense.

That being said, I have no fucking clue what is going on this game. Activity is low, the setup looks to be complicated just judging by the mess this morning, and yesterday we had very little to go on, so I was not about to play lynch roulette. You were not voting either.

Tiruin:
I'm still trusting Reverie. :I

hector was right to bring this up, btw. I've not done anything worth dropping your suspicion, so don't let our friendship be your blind spot.

Teneb:
Teneb, your jump onto the bandwagon in hindsight was little more than just that. Your reasoning about breaking the tie works just as well for scum and town, and considering the flip I have a vague notion that you are more likely the former.
I made a decision with the minimal information available to me yesterday. Which is more than can be said for nearly everyone else considering the minimal quantity of votes cast.

It still tastes bad to me. Shakerag was the only other person to vote and he was third party keeping up appearances. If this is a case of wrong-place-wrong-time, then where does that leave a scumteam?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2017, 02:39:32 am »

Maybe Shakerag was a serial killer but BHK was one of the two(?) scum on a team.

What are your thoughts on the role titles? The Templar flip was pretty specific, nothing open to interpretation. 'Town Templar'. Are you suggesting that scum flips would not receive the same treatment?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2017, 05:46:42 am »

Tiruin: you say you're still trusting Reverie, but their play D1 was more toward theorizing re: Shakerag's "Did I read my PM? Maybes aye, maybes naw" and poking other players than generating content, and has gone after two stupendously obvious targets at the start of D2. What exactly is it about 'em that makes you comfortable ignoring them for the time being?
hector was right to bring this up, btw. I've not done anything worth dropping your suspicion, so don't let our friendship be your blind spot.
Y-yeah ._. I'm all mushy and soft like Lenglon when it comes to playing with all around good folks and friends.
BUT! I have a point!
...Well not much, but its also Reverie's nudging of activity and proactivity to bring up points and conversation. In a field of silence, it's points to me anyway.
But thanks dudes for the kindness.

Previous Supernatural players: seeing as I'm too lazy to check, has Meph ever repeated the scum faction in past games?
Yep!
...Err, if you mean 'scum', you mean 'the roles not seen in the OP that aren't Town', then yes. Bits and pieces anyway, not the whole cloth of 'team' setups. He picks and matches, ramdonly, because I recall he has a RNG bot that does that for everyone.
As per my example of linking several different Supernatural games. :P

Meph's Paranormal/Supernatural games usually have these kinds of twists, because in my eyes he's not playing it conventionally. It's like Mafia-Vanilla difficulty, with "Please don't just rely on the role list" because it gives off a sort of 'elimination' bias, wherein people can gauge and feel safe with their targeting (as everyone is, as likely as Supernatural/Paranormal games are now, all power roles of some types)

But let's get some stuff up. Or some newts on public claims! [/notes]

hector13 - N/A
    TheDarkStar - N/A
    Teneb - N/A
    Reverie - N/A
    Tiruin - I claimed my role was part of the OP stuffs, and I'm fairly of the belief that there's a Charismatic Cultist--which brings to mind a 1p scum team. (...despite my example of myself as prior and first Cha. Cultist, where we were 3 folks in an 11 person game ._.), as in there was no Mafia, but there was a Cult.
    juicebox - N/A

Juicebox hasn't posted yet, and is the only one to not have posted yet other than all of us.

... I'm the only one who claimed something in public! .-.;
As for your question, it depends. You can ask about another role to fish or to mislead.
Err, you lost me here ._. I was wondering by your wording until Hector cleared it up that you mixed up the two. I was really wondering where you were going with BHK/Shakerag and some kills that my english parser didn't work out well.

Juicebox: What's going on with your activity there? Could I get both some reads from you, and a concise analysis of the day today and your suspects/plans?

It's kinda my thing to not vote D1 I actually wanted to vote D1 as point-of-pressure but I lacked time IRL to actually make a point and post it, then timing came up, and a lot of stuff came around that makes me be honest that I could've done D1 better, but a lot had transpired over my sleep, and if I were active (in like, 1am or something), I would've gone against the ATH poke. Because I believe that regardless of one's spirited nature, scum wouldn't gun for an overt push-lynch when the overall climate was ambivalent, and that he had a point within how he rationalized his ideas.

MMM :I I feel too cautious.
TheDarkStar
Maybe Shakerag was a serial killer but BHK was one of the two(?) scum on a team. That assumes that there even is a scumteam, but it would make sense with ATH's flip - it kinda makes sense for a Templar to fight demons. I see this as more likely than having a two-man scumteam left because that would mean that almost half the starting players were scum. (we know there isn't a three-man scum  team still out there because otherwise the game would be over by now, barring vigilantes/more 3Ps). It's also possible that we started with three mutually opposed third parties and there's one left. Either way, we probably have one scum left.
One of the Twoscum?
How is there not a scumteam? (I'm assuming you mean Mafia team)

And considering the flips, what is your take of the surviving set of probably roles? Not to give off the impression of fishing--as I'm also thinking that roleclaiming would be a good idea either today or tomorrow given how...6/9 may feel like LYLO if at least 2 are non-town/malevolent to town, but to share my own ideas, I think this is a delicately power heavy game.
Like the example of the factional NK of Mafia/Cult (Yes cult had that, see my link. I captured/stabbed people, and can only do that or Charismatically-convert ._.; I mean I'm assuming the same here but!), in which today would've had at least 2 deaths.
Problem is the Ghoul killed the Devil; NO details are to the Ghoul-death (waiting on you Meph) :P
And yeah I said there was an RNG bot, but there seems to be some structured reasoning to what you said there--and I'm following it up with my own.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2017, 05:54:28 am »

Teneb:

It still tastes bad to me. Shakerag was the only other person to vote and he was third party keeping up appearances. If this is a case of wrong-place-wrong-time, then where does that leave a scumteam?
I am nearly sure we have a cult. We had 9 players. 1 was a templar. 2 were third parties (devil was always third party in previous games). That leaves 6 players. If it starts with a single cultist, we should have two cultists right now.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14