Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Game over!  (Read 39449 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 1 Assembles
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2017, 02:02:41 pm »

EBWOP

BHK

You "missed" a few things from me that perhaps demand a response:

After I dropped a vote on Shakerag.

hector13: You sure about this vote?

Who else should I be voting for, like?

When you said you weren't rolefishing.

You asked about a specific role and what someone thought regarding that. 'Tis about the extent of rolefishing is it not? Especially in a game like this when we know there are roles but not necessarily what they do.

Also, you can... dis... uh... the uhm... basically you can figure out whether or not someone has a particular role depending on the answer they give. Whatever the fucking word is that I can't quite get out. This is useful for night actions, mostly the scum NK so they can figure out who has the powerful town roles and get them out the game quicker. Just because the role you ask about is innocuous does not mean you're not rolefishing nor that said rolefishing is much more useful to scum than town at this point.

At least that's what I'd say if I wanted to push you as scum. Probably. Cannae push yer granny aff a bus, push push.

Anyhow, seeing as I'm aware you learned to play Mafia in a place that (maybe) seems to think the night game is the all important part of Mafia (lol) and if you are scum this'll at least get you to do something pro-town, perhaps you can tell us how the Sexton can be useful otherwise, in case someone got it and is fucked off completely regarding its apparent uselessness.

This one after you said the sexton role was probably the same in this game as all the others.

Why did you ask about it, then?

What about ATH were you going to learn/have you learned from their answer?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2017, 02:53:25 pm »

Whelp.  This is some piss poor activity.  Not that I'm excluding myself.

•hector13 - RVS vote on me, general banter and some questioning, possible point about AHT assuming two scum.
•TheDarkStar - Responding to questions, asking about other peoples' votes
•Teneb - Responding to questions, asking ATH why he's a Sexton
•Reverie - RVS, banter, little non-rvs content
•AbstractTraitorHero - Possibly agressive in RVS?  Accuses BHK of rolefishing.  Could be scum grasping for a lynch, or just aggressive town.
•Shakerag - Sociopath.
•Tiruin - Is Tiruin.  Mentions 2 scum lineup after AHT has made a similar assumption.  Suggests a no-lynch?  Posts reads.
•BlackHeartKabal - RVS, amusingly snarky.
•juicebox - RVS and that's it.

Activity wise, hector13, Teneb, ATH, Tiruin have the most non-rvs content (relatively speaking).
TDS is a little in the middle.
Reverie, BHK, juicebox: Nothing of note outside of RVS stuff.  Could be lurky scum, disinterested town, bored 3p, or just busy.

So, to my analysis, this is little better than a random lynch. 

AbstractTraitorHero: So why did you pick "two" as the size of the scumteam in your earlier reply?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2017, 03:14:54 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
AbstractTraitorHero: Shakerag
BlackHeartKabal: AbstractTraitorHero

Day ends in ~4 hours. No more extensions are available for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2017, 04:04:46 pm »

Huh. The two scum thing was a nice catch. Nice enough for me to vote ATH since a tie does not benefit town right now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2017, 04:44:59 pm »

I'll likely only vote one of BHK or ATH by the end of the day, depending on how the counts turn out and if my vote will actually change anything.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2017, 04:49:08 pm »

What is the threshold where scumteams of three become likely? I wouldn't put myself past assuming a two player scumteam in our setup, It does sound a bit more balanced than three versus six, given no third parties.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2017, 04:55:03 pm »

Two is likely, yes, but that doesn't mean it is the case. Potential for TPs also makes it weird.

ATH said it so matter-of-fact-like that it seemed they knew that there was two and only two, rather than they were just guessing.

There's nothing else to go on right now to be fair, other than BHK for me.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2017, 05:00:59 pm »

EBWOP

BHK

You "missed" a few things from me that perhaps demand a response:

After I dropped a vote on Shakerag.

hector13: You sure about this vote?

Who else should I be voting for, like?

When you said you weren't rolefishing.

You asked about a specific role and what someone thought regarding that. 'Tis about the extent of rolefishing is it not? Especially in a game like this when we know there are roles but not necessarily what they do.

Also, you can... dis... uh... the uhm... basically you can figure out whether or not someone has a particular role depending on the answer they give. Whatever the fucking word is that I can't quite get out. This is useful for night actions, mostly the scum NK so they can figure out who has the powerful town roles and get them out the game quicker. Just because the role you ask about is innocuous does not mean you're not rolefishing nor that said rolefishing is much more useful to scum than town at this point.

At least that's what I'd say if I wanted to push you as scum. Probably. Cannae push yer granny aff a bus, push push.

Anyhow, seeing as I'm aware you learned to play Mafia in a place that (maybe) seems to think the night game is the all important part of Mafia (lol) and if you are scum this'll at least get you to do something pro-town, perhaps you can tell us how the Sexton can be useful otherwise, in case someone got it and is fucked off completely regarding its apparent uselessness.

This one after you said the sexton role was probably the same in this game as all the others.

Why did you ask about it, then?

What about ATH were you going to learn/have you learned from their answer?
1 - Just because we have mislynches doesn't make them something we can just waste.
2 - I've already established I think the Sexton is useless. I can treat it as a vanilla townie and it's unlikely the role has changed, so it was a good question for me to ask ATH.
3. I think I posted an answer to this before, but again, it's to see what they'd do.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2017, 05:06:12 pm »

At that point in the game there were 2 people voting and a great chunk of day remaining. Why worry about someone being lynched then? Also, how do you know Shakerag would be a mislynch?

The sexton may very well be useless, which is why it's useful for scum to know who it is so as not to waste any time with them. Rolefishing for crap roles is still rolefishing.

What did you learn about ATH and their alignment?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2017, 05:12:48 pm »

I picked two because I am used to games where there are only two mafias. The only games I have been in that are forum mafia had two mafias and as such it is my baseline assumption that for now there are only two of them. As such, I assumed there were only two mafias as usual because it is my default mindset that there are only two mafias in a game.

Sorry I haven't been posting much for a while. I am kinda coming down with some kinda cold and its fucking terrible.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2017, 05:17:20 pm »

At that point in the game there were 2 people voting and a great chunk of day remaining. Why worry about someone being lynched then? Also, how do you know Shakerag would be a mislynch?

The sexton may very well be useless, which is why it's useful for scum to know who it is so as not to waste any time with them. Rolefishing for crap roles is still rolefishing.

What did you learn about ATH and their alignment?
Fair point, didn't think about that one.
Nothing learned that hasn't been disproven. I thought they were town, now I'm not so sure.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2017, 09:44:03 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
AbstractTraitorHero: Shakerag, Teneb
BlackHeartKabal: AbstractTraitorHero

The day wears long. Little has been accomplished, really. Some chit-chat, idle speculation, and a few half-hearted accusations.

"Come, friends, it is time to cast the final votes." Says the High Priest. "We cannot let this meeting go past sundown."

With nervous looks and a bit of uncertainty a few final votes are cast.

"I call upon the Pact of Blood. AbstractTraitorHero stand forth and meet thy fate."

With an almost shocked expression on his face he stands and marches forward. Worry crosses his face, as the severity of the situation hits him. Then resolve.

"I regret that I must die this way, and not in battle against the fiends of the night as a proper Templar should." He bows his head. "But I accept the pact." The executioner swings a mighty blow with his axe and AbstractTraitorHero is no more.

His eyes sorrowful, the High Priest turns to the rest of you. "We have lost a powerful ally this day. Please, go home and rest. You must do better tomorrow. We cannot afford mistakes like this!"

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Night 1
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2017, 11:21:28 pm »

You arrive for the Assembly the next day to find a commotion in the town square. Two bodies have been lain out on the stones, and the High Priest is looking them over.

As you get closer, you can see that the bodies are those of BlackHeartKabal and Shakerag.

“Ah. Good. Now that you’ve all arrived, I have news. Mostly good, surprisingly.” He composes himself.

“We had two deaths last night. Both were rather horrific.”

“BlackHeartKabal, or what is left of him, seems to have been eaten. However, we should not mourn him too much. It seems, based on a series of tattoos still visible on his neck that he was a host for a Devil. No doubt here to cause mischief, or worse.”

“Shakerag was, I believe, the one who ate BlackHeartKabal. He was a Ghoul, a sad soul cursed by some black magic to kill and eat others to survive. His death makes us all safer, but there is still the question of who managed to kill such a creature? He himself had his eyes and heart removed. For what reason I could not say. Regardless, I fear we are still all in great danger.”

“Now, please, sit and begin. These trials are far from over.”

Day 2 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:42:52 am by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 2 has no time for monsters
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2017, 11:33:39 pm »

Bah post:
"Well that was better then I expected."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 2 has no time for monsters
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2017, 03:23:05 am »

Okay so first, my thoughts. None of these roleflips reflect any of the roles listed in the OP, which is a surprise. ATH flipped town without question, but both the Ghoul and the Devil flipped kind of vaguely allegiance-wise, so drawing conclusions from that I would say that they might be from two separate third parties, both malicious. Who killed Shakerag?

hector posited that ATH slipped up by assuming a two player scumteam, which was a sharp observation, if wrong. I won't hold that against him though, since he never voted in the first place and therefore wasn't even pushing for that lynch.

Teneb, your jump onto the bandwagon in hindsight was little more than just that. Your reasoning about breaking the tie works just as well for scum and town, and considering the flip I have a vague notion that you are more likely the former.

juicebox: You were conspicuously absent yesterday. Post.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14