Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: any news or change for laying egg civ ?  (Read 1117 times)

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
any news or change for laying egg civ ?
« on: September 17, 2017, 01:33:43 pm »

just that

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: any news or change for laying egg civ ?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 01:40:36 pm »

I assume you're talking about a mod; in that case I would suggest you ask your question in the Modding forum.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 03:07:47 pm »

*recalls SO uh, I did a thing, and now things keep happening. Animal People Science!*

Well, you can build non-modded egglaying forts, I guess.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 03:32:49 pm »

oh ok also thanks for the information  :)
 its also answer some of my other question. look like i need to learn using dfhack. btw where its supposed to be place in ? or am i just play df and open the thing to activate dfhack ? sorry for the obvious question its just that i never use dfhack before it look complicated to me.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 07:54:11 pm »

You extract dfhack compressed folder into df folder, launch dfhack in a console, and it launches dwarf fortress and hooks to it.

It comes with bunch of graphical indicators/tweaks already enabled own its own, and then you can type commands like the aforementioned gui/family-affairs into dfhack console to make things happen. Though you don't need to learn those normally (well, for your current experiment you may need to use the ones in that post I linked) and can just play DF normally while enjoying stuff like search in menus.

There's also LNP which comes with lot of others utilities and launcher with graphical user interface, if that's more of your thing. Though note it comes by default "Automatic job assignments" aka dfhack plugin autolabor enabled, which will assign jobs in lieu of player (I see some confusion about that occasionally).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:57:35 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 02:43:48 pm »

thanks for your explanation it quite helpful to me  :)