Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Crafting system (As described on the tenth post of the 6th page)?

Modular
- 1 (20%)
Free-Form
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Citadel Proper]  (Read 10634 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. RTD [Turn 0: Awakening]
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 04:05:01 pm »

Turn 0 (cont.): The Citadel Proper
"Wreched, Defiling necromancer. If my life was not bound to your service right now, I would hunt you down like the scum you are. Be glad my old weapons and armor are likely lost to the ages."
Gather my armor and weapon, and head down the hall.
You open the locker, pulling out a set of steel armour, a two-handed sword, and a small pouch containing five gold.
"Ah, the former Crusader, Reynald. You were one of my pet projects, I won't lie. An undead former-undead slayer?", she giggles before continuing, "Classic."
You set off down the hall.

"I die. Why bring Nix back? Not my choice."

"No trust you."

Stick to the corners of the room, slink away and get my weapons.
"No need to trust me right away, Nix. I'm sure you'll grow into your new life!"
You pin yourself to the edges of the room, making yourself as small as possible before moving to your locker. Inside is a set of leather armour, a short bow, a dagger, and a small pouch containing ten gold. You wait patiently as the others set off down the hall, following quietly from a ways behind.

"You both could have chosen to remain dead. She gave you that option. Me? I don't care."
Grab and equip my items, then head to the hub. ready up for mission action! Ot on ship slaughter. Whichever.
"That's the spirit Brutus! You and I are going to get along swimmingly."
You open your locker, pulling out a set of steel armour and a small arsenal of weapons, including: a one-handed axe, a one-handed sword, a crossbow, a shield, and a small pouch containing twenty gold. After taking a moment to suit up, you set off down the hall.

"Some statues would fix that mood right up."

Grab my gear, head down the hallway. Examine craftsdwarfship of surroundings as I pass.
You pop open your locker, pulling out a set of steel armour, a one-handed hammer, an a troll bone bracelet.
"Funny story about that bracelet, Nabid. You were clutching it so tightly when we found you that we had to break your fingers clean off! Shame I went to the trouble, no merchant would give me a copper piece for it. One even told me it was cursed! Imagine that."
You set off down the hall, examining the walls as you do.
[6] They seem to be cast from obsidian in one continuous pour. The craftdwarfship isn't terrible, but you innately know that the dwarven crafters back at home could have taught this Rathine a thing or two.

You emerge from the hallway in a much larger room, fairly similar to the last in its make. In the center of the room, a large pedestal holds up a far bigger form of the screens you have seen repeatedly thus far. Five holes have been drilled into the top, each containing a swirling, purple coloured, diamond shaped crystal. Four hallways, including the one you just entered from, extend from the room. Before you can explore any further, however, the screen crackles to life.

"Welcome to The Hub! It is from here that we will send you out on jobs, and it is here that you will return after each expedition. Down the hallway to the left, you'll find Uramie, our resident shopkeeper. Speak to him to buy new weapons, armour, and equipment, or to sell any loot you choose not to keep. To the right is Emasil, keeper of the Reliquary. For any and all magical needs, Emasil is your guy. Straight ahead you'll find The Stitchery, run by Tu'Thanak. Should you get hurt in the field, or should you find an interesting body part you want applied to your body, he will help you."
She takes a moment to catch her breath, allowing you all to take in what she just told you.
"Finally, and most importantly, this screen is called The Job List. Everytime you hit the black bar along the bottom of the screen, five new job offers will appear. Pick the one you like best, place your palm on it, and then grab one of the crystals located above this screen. This serves as both your way out, your way back, and a line of communication to me. Once you grab it, you will be teleported to your target. When you are ready to return, simply break the crystal. And that's it! That's my new-employee spiel. Any questions? Or are you ready to go? "
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:40:57 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. RTD [Turn 0(cont): The Citadel Proper]
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 04:30:20 pm »

"Right, fine. Let's get started so I can focus my wrath on something or someone deserving of it."
tap the black bar thing, and look at the jobs.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 07:06:46 pm »

Nabid nodded sagely at the bracelet in his hand.

"Truly, a wiser decision than anyone could have realized."

Chat with the Stitcher.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 07:08:10 pm »

(ptw, will join if I am able, otherwise I shall watch)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 07:17:17 pm »

when I read Nox, I thought it would be an RTD based off the Videogame of the same name that I loved so much.
eh PTW I might make a sheet or something later.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 07:53:45 pm »

(ptw, will join if I am able, otherwise I shall watch)
(Recruitment is always open.)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. RTD [The Citadel Proper]
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 12:54:55 am »

"Glabagook."

Touch the black bar, see available missions.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. RTD [Accepting]
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 06:50:31 am »

"I don't recall being much of a swimmer in life, Mistress."

Say the above to our overlady. Press the black bar, unless the first guy's press showed the jobs to all of us. Either way, review available jobs.

Spoiler: Brutus (click to show/hide)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 10:26:24 am »

The Citadel Proper

Nabid nodded sagely at the bracelet in his hand.

"Truly, a wiser decision than anyone could have realized."

Chat with the Stitcher.
You head down the hallway directly across from you, and enter The Stitcher's theater. It's truly a macabre sight; blood pools on the floor and covers the walls. In the midst of cleaning up several chunks of un-identifiable flesh, you see what must be Tu'Thanak, The Stitcher. He is slightly taller than you, with the tell-tale green, pointy ears of a goblin. As you walk further inwards, you step in a puddle, alerting him to your presence. He turns quickly, looking at you seriously for a second before grinning. As far as you can tell, half the teeth now in his mouth did not initially belong to him. His left arm, covered in bandages, seems far too long to be natural.
"Ah! Dwarf! I....", he takes a moment, seemingly searching for the right words, "I... put fingers back. Like?" He wiggles his twelve fingers at you, as if for a visual aid.

"Right, fine. Let's get started so I can focus my wrath on something or someone deserving of it."
tap the black bar thing, and look at the jobs.
You stride up to The Job Board, and quickly tap the black bar located along the bottom. Instantaneously, five page-like objects appear on the screen:
[1] A new Elvish outpost far on the border of the Elf kingdom. No notable loot or people.
[2] A Kobold cave settlement, which has seemingly been abandoned. No notable loot or people.
[1] A small merchant company's camp. No notable loot or people.
[9] A human fortress, guarded by The Hand of the King. Notable loot includes what we believe to be the Last Dragon Egg.
[8] A graveyard, rumored to be hiding a passage to a great Goblin Fortress deep underground. General Zugzanar is rumored to reside here.

"Glabagook."

Touch the black bar, see available missions.
You examine the missions alongside Reynald.

"I don't recall being much of a swimmer in life, Mistress."

Say the above to our overlady. Press the black bar, unless the first guy's press showed the jobs to all of us. Either way, review available jobs.
"We're going to get along very well indeed, Brutus." Rathine says with a giggle.
You examine the job listings with Reynald and Nix.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:29:14 am by BlastoiseWarlorf »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 10:44:55 am »

Spoiler: Char sheet (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 11:56:46 am »

Nabid nods, examining his own hand. "Doctor, got it. Will bring back parts if I need em put back on."

Examine Stitcher's handiwork, wander back to look at missions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 02:31:11 pm »

the last job seems to be of my taste. Take the job to Investigate the graveyard.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 03:22:37 pm »

(From here on out, actions posted within The Citadel that do not interact with another player's character will be rolled as they come in)
snip
Your eyes quickly adjust to the room you now find yourself in.
"Atyr! Good Morning, welcome to Nox Inc. Remember to grab your equipment from the locker below your pod, and then go and join your fellow employees in the next room."
The screen next to the hallway buzzes as Rathine's voice fades.

Nabid nods, examining his own hand. "Doctor, got it. Will bring back parts if I need em put back on."

Examine Stitcher's handiwork, wander back to look at missions.
Tu'Thanak chuckles at the word 'doctor' before resuming his cleaning. You take this new silence as your cue to exit, and examine your hands as you walk back towards the main room.
[4] As far as you can tell, all of your old fingers are present and they work. You can't tell much more than that.
You join Reynald, Brutus, and Nix at the Job List.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 03:42:36 pm »

((We're selecting a mission for the whole team, no?))

"Yes, Mistress. Very well indeed."

Loot? Will the Loot be divided amongst the party, Mistress? If so, I am inclined to attempt to raise a dragon. Or eat it, as the case may be.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 03:53:24 pm »

((We're selecting a mission for the whole team, no?))

"Yes, Mistress. Very well indeed."

Loot? Will the Loot be divided amongst the party, Mistress? If so, I am inclined to attempt to raise a dragon. Or eat it, as the case may be.

((I'd advise you party up and go together, though you're completely free to go alone if you so choose. No player maximum or minimum for each mission.))
"The loot you personally bring back is the loot you personally keep. Anything you sell to Uramie finds its way back to me, and I sell it for a profit,"
she pauses for a moment, and her tone becomes more guarded and careful before she continues,
"Should you bring back that dragon egg however, I'd have to break my personal rule of not visiting the squadron rooms. I'm sure that I can find a way to hatch it, and it'd certainly make Magnetite 5 the envy of the Citadel. Quite the potent weapon, a Dragon."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:03:31 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7