Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: /The Challenge - A Game of Survivor [SIGNUPS 2/16]  (Read 1305 times)

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
/The Challenge - A Game of Survivor [SIGNUPS 2/16]
« on: September 15, 2017, 07:43:29 pm »

Let's play a game of Survivor. Now, there's probably been about a thousand games like this on these forums, there's probably one already running right now, so what makes this different? It's the way challenges work, of course. Before the game starts, you will be given a random amount of points to spend, and you can distribute these points among five stats however you please. Come challenge time, the combined total of one or more stats of the entire team will be used to determine the winner. Do you dump all of your points into one stat, or do you become a jack of all trades who can perform averagely in any challenge?

CHARACTER CREATION
You have five stats to distribute your points into.
Leadership: Some challenges require the teams to have a leader. Leadership affects the skill that leader would have in performing that role.
Endurance: Affects ability to perform in endurance challenges - challenges that require you to spend extended amounts of time in uncomfortable or painful positions.
Strength: Affects ability to toss, throw, or lift. Best suited for challenges requiring great physical strength.
Intelligence: Problem solving ability. Affects ability to perform in puzzles or trivia.
Speed: Affects ability to run or swim quickly.

Every player will also have a stat that they have a preset bonus in, which adds four points into that skill before you even start distributing your points. Every player also has a weakness, which takes two points away from a stat. Stats can become negative from a weakness.

PHASES
MORNING PHASE
During morning you can either:
Search for the idol: Both teams have an idol at their camp. You may search for it and you will have a 10% chance of finding it, with an added percent for every point of intelligence you have. If the idol has already been found, then you have a chance to find out who has it instead. If you have the idol, you must play it during the voting phase, but before the votes are read. You may play it on someone other than yourself.
Build a shelter: Having a shelter is permanent. Every person that performs this action adds to a counter that carries over between mornings. Once a total of fifteen people have done this action, the shelter is built and takes effect immediately. Having a shelter gives the team 3 additional points to spend however they want.
Build a fire: Having a fire is permanent until it rains.  Every person that performs this action adds to a counter that carries over between mornings. Once a total of six people have done this action, the fire is built and takes effect immediately. Having a fire enables the action 'warm up'
Warm up: Requires a fire. Warming up removes the effect of having a weakness for the challenge.
Eat: Eating gives one point in strength, or two points if a fire is built. Lasts until after the challenge.

CHALLENGE PHASE
Challenges sometimes do not require player input, and go straight into voting, but some require the team to strategize on the challenge beforehand, such as deciding on who should be leader or challenges. Easy work for you guys.

VOTING PHASE
During team voting phase, all members of the team will submit to me via PM the person they wish to be voted off of this game. Once every member of the team has submitted their votes, the person with the highest amount of votes will be eliminated. In the even of a tie, the people who tied may not vote. Every else can only vote for those involved in the tie. If the tie is still not resolved, a person will be randomly eliminated. If you have the idol, you may PM me to play it on either yourself or someone else before I read the votes. Any votes cast against you will not count, and the person with the second highest votes will be eliminated.

Players 2/16:
1.) roseheart
2.) Felissan
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)
16.)

You need only do /join to apply, and I will send you a PM containing the points you get as well as your strength and weakness. Team chats will be made using QuickTopic. You will have twenty-four hours to vote during voting phase. If nothing is sent by that time, you will abstain. If it happens again, you will be replaced. I must receive a copy of all PMs sent to other players. I can arrange a private QuickTopic for alliances at request. Here's my mod color.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:12:56 am by Ddynamo »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: The Challenge - A Game of Survivor [SIGNUPS 0/16]
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 05:27:21 am »

I've never done anything like this.
Never watched the shows.
I did see a lot of these happening on GameFAQs but I didn't pay attention.

IN
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 05:56:54 am »

I've already seen some of those on other forums, but it seems a lot more hardcore over there. This looks more manageable to me.
Do all conversations between teammates have to happen on the QT?

/join
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 06:13:01 am »

I've already seen some of those on other forums, but it seems a lot more hardcore over there. This looks more manageable to me.
Do all conversations between teammates have to happen on the QT?

/join
Nah, you can private message other players, but I need to be sent a copy too. I've modified the rules to reflect this.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Challenge - A Game of Survivor [SIGNUPS 2/16]
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 11:12:24 am »

bump

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 11:21:30 am »

(The general speed of the forum is that it is polite to wait atleast a day to self bump, and even then some game hosts will get grumpy and waggle a stick in your general direction.
I can say from experience that players do look beyond the first or even second page. Also, consider posting it here as it is made just for the purpose of visibility for games needing players.)

What does the idol do? Is there any other knowledge that you might be assuming players have played this before or seen the show? As stated I don't have that knowledge.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:25:07 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 12:37:50 pm »

(The general speed of the forum is that it is polite to wait atleast a day to self bump, and even then some game hosts will get grumpy and waggle a stick in your general direction.
I can say from experience that players do look beyond the first or even second page. Also, consider posting it here as it is made just for the purpose of visibility for games needing players.)

What does the idol do? Is there any other knowledge that you might be assuming players have played this before or seen the show? As stated I don't have that knowledge.
Apologies, I've been on Bay12 six years, but I've spent the last two on a more active forum where thing fill up quickly. Sorry.

Also:
If you have the idol, you may PM me to play it on either yourself or someone else before I read the votes. Any votes cast against you will not count, and the person with the second highest votes will be eliminated.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:39:45 pm by Ddynamo »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: /The Challenge - A Game of Survivor [SIGNUPS 2/16]
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 05:15:59 am »

Can stats be discussed and allocated after teams are assigned?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 01:38:25 pm »

I'd be interested in joining.

Apologies, I've been on Bay12 six years, but I've spent the last two on a more active forum where thing fill up quickly. Sorry.

Which forum is that? I've been looking for more forums recently.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 07:23:05 pm »

I'd be interested in joining.

Which forum is that? I've been looking for more forums recently.
Blankmediagames, Town of Salem

Can stats be discussed and allocated after teams are assigned?
No, but point allocating takes place before teams are assigned. But you can reveal what points you have in what. Or lie about that too.

Ultramarine Prime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 12:18:18 pm »

I'm out
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:38:59 pm by Ultramarine Prime »