Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230026 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1485 on: May 28, 2018, 01:43:08 am »

Spoiler: Empiricist (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: May 28, 2018, 01:46:58 am »

Spoiler: Dev (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1487 on: May 29, 2018, 12:09:43 pm »

(I don't think we can trade words to each other unless you're taking them from a dead guy.  I think we could do so between missions, though.)

"You know what?  I don't give a damn."

Enchant my steel rod with 'Wall'.  I want this to become a thin steel wall down the west side of the hallway as far as I can get it.. to the end if it makes it.

Then, after the arrow, charge down the hallway at top speed, checking for hostiles to the east.  Since I did a spell already, I shouldn't be able to attack.  Look for the boss and any enemies which are inside the rooms to the east.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
[4][4]
You walk up and slam your metal rod against the wall. Instead of hitting like a normal rod, it flows out and spreads down the wall like water pooling on the floor. It covers over three of the doors along the west side before apparently reaching its maximum length and hardening.

Plant my bow where Thag is standing right now and fire an arrow towards the opposite door in the other side of the hallway.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
[3v4]

You plant your bow and take aim over Thag's shoulder at the door at the far end of the hall. You pull back and hold the draw for a moment before firing. The arrow lists to the left and embeds itself in the wall maybe 20 feet before the door.

Thag immediately charges down the hall, despite the miss.

Can we exchange words amongst ourselves? What are the rules for that? One for one? Can we just give words away?
Not unless you're dead!

Iron Brian stares down the length of this menacing hall of what is obviously filled with traps, goons, and other unpleasant surprise. He turns his gaze upwards and says

"Wouldn't the easiest solution simple be to go around?"

Iron Brian then precedes to punch a hole into the ceiling.
Nice sheet.
[1v6]
You punch the ceiling. The flimsy wood holds strong while your fist cracks and pops uselessly.

Move four spaces south. Lizzy stays with me.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

You take several large, deliberate steps forward, dragging lizzy along by the tail.

Well, this looks fun for a man with a gun... But I only got two bullets, and mister "pin a motherfucker to the goddamn wall" seems like he'll do fine for now without my help unless some goes horribly, horribly wrong. Loot the corpse of the guy who th the rifle pistol.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
For a solid minute I was trying to figure out what you meant before I figured you mean the sawn off rifle.

You loot 3 rounds from the rifle itself and 4 from the man.

Meanwhile, back upstairs, shit starts popping off. Doors on both sides of the hall open up, though with slightly different results. Three of the four doors on the west side open with a clang as they hit the metal wall. The wall is about a 16th of an inch thick, nowhere near thick enough to protect against anything like bullets or a determined person with a big hammer, but its good enough to stop the people behind those doors for the moment. However the last door on the west wall and all three on the east open up and men start swarming out.  The hall instantly fills with the same sort of stringy wide eyed street thugs you saw downstairs, all of them armed with a variety of bladed weapons and clubs.

[2v4, 1v4, 5,6]
Men charge in behind and in front of Thag. The one in front stabs at him with a crude knife that looks like it was made from a piece of sharpened scrap metal while the one behind him attacks with the claw side of a claw hammer. Both attacks hit him, but his armor turns the blade  and the hammer with minimal damage; though he'll have bruises tomorrow.

[3v2]
A man with a helmet made out of what looks like a stew pot attacks Geiger with a machete. Geiger flattens himself against the wall and the swing goes wide.

[7v1]
Another man attacks Issac with a bat covered in nails but his swing misses entirely without issac even having to move and the bat embeds itself in the wall.

https://imgur.com/a/Uz2MR0d

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1488 on: May 29, 2018, 01:13:32 pm »

"Watch out, boss! Duck!"

Cast [Shockwave][Fire] in the direction of the guys in melee range while pulling from my greatbow, and then shoot and try to impale as many enemies as possible with a single big arrow.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1489 on: May 29, 2018, 01:19:15 pm »

How high is the wall surrounding the city and its various districts? Then calculate how many stepladders one would need to tape together to get to the top of said wall.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
its about 200ft tall. Not sure how big your step ladders are so...I'm sure you can do that math on your own.

Abu Hajaar gets these words:
LargeFirearm(2)
Ammunition(2)
Clockwork(3)
Many(4)
Repair(3)
Cloud(1)
Wall(1)
FireForward(1)

Corven Feathra gets these words:
Crow(1)
MarkCaster'sEyes(1)
Concrete(2)

I'm taking these words myself:
Protect(3)
Protect(3)
Protect(3)
AffectUser(2)

Leaving these words to sell:
Wood(1)
OrbitingOrbs(2)
Spear(2)

And I'm buying:
As much food and water as that will get us, to last our trip into the unreal. Provided that that's not too much to carry.
If sending all that would give us too much provisions to carry, I'll buy only as much as we can carry, and spend the rest on getting us some sidearms.

I'll ask around at the gate to see if anyone wants to go explore the exciting unreal with us.

And having finished all of those operations, we're all ready to go. Don't bother asking us all if we're ready to go. If anyone else is NOT ready that's too bad, I'm dragging them along anyway.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
To be bluntly honest, food and water isn't really something I'd pay attention to because the change of days and such is something I'm also not paying attention to.  Instead I'll say you traded those words for a nice revolver for everyone. Ie 4 revolvers.

How high is the wall surrounding the city and its various districts? Then calculate how many stepladders one would need to tape together to get to the top of said wall.

How about if we use metal stepladders instead of the traditional wooden stepladders?  Does that reduce the required number of stepladders, due to their increased structural integrity?

2.If we make the metal stepladders out of guns (and cover them in feathers, why not, our gang themes are crows and guns), does that reduce their structural integrity?

3.Could we take all of those metal gun stepladders, and pile them atop each other in a dish shape such that they're all aiming at one point, and then tie strings to all their triggers, suvh that we successfully shoot a single thing with a stepladder armada alphastrike?

4.Would aformentioned stepladder armada alphastrike provide enough dakka to overpower that magebreaker's absurd anti-magic bullet shield?

5.If not, how many metal gun stepladders *would* we need to kill the magebreaker?

6.How does leveling work in The Unreal?
1. I mean...I thought we were just talking about height?
2. By "make out of" do you mean like guns duct taped together or melted down and formed into ladders.
3. Possibly, but I'd say you have a bigger chance of just creating a giant mess of metal that horribly injures you or various passersby.
4. Technically any bullet could do so, it just has a lower chance depending on the bullet.
5. I'd try dropping it on him.
6. I'll give you a level if you explore enough and get enough words that I think its a reasonable expedition. You can't just walk in and out again.

So; you guys are heading out it seems.  Now you start right outside the gate. No one wanted to tag along with you on this mission, though the guys at the gate did tell you that the dreamers often leave caches of supplies and small shelters around; though there's no telling if there are any supplies left or if the shelter is still secure now. They give you a list of symbols that people use to mark dangers and supplies as well.

The area outside the gate is as you remember, all terrible green goo, chlorine smell, and some remains from the last battle. Seems the giant statue head has been heavily scavenged to repair the wall but lots of other bits of debris are still hanging around.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: May 29, 2018, 01:26:46 pm »

Oh hey, we're exploring a hex grid and I'm in charge of deciding where to go. Where have I seen this before.
Onwards! No good loot here. If someone tries to stop and look at the bad loot, drag them along.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: May 29, 2018, 01:33:18 pm »

its about 200ft tall. Not sure how big your step ladders are so...I'm sure you can do that math on your own.

Uhh, what? That can't possibly be right. What are you trying to pull here bucko?

Imperial units? Absolutely disgusting.

Let's try that again: How high is the wall surrounding the city and its various districts? Then calculate how many 1.3 meter stepladders one would need to tape together to get to the top of said wall.

Oh and mission prep spell I suppose. Well, you know the drill, 'largefirearm' on a loaded rifle, create Abu's signature weapon. Aim for some neato extra features in case of a good pot roll.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:37:21 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: May 29, 2018, 02:30:23 pm »

Well sheet

Move to the right of Issac and charge through the wall and into the thug on the other side.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: May 29, 2018, 05:53:36 pm »

"Surrounded?  Good.  Now I don't haveta find you."

Cast Iron Shockwave.  Goal is to tear the seven enemies surrounding me to shreds.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1494 on: May 30, 2018, 07:49:16 am »

Avoid my teammates poorly thought out AOE attacks. Try to shoulder past the guy in the doorway southeast of me and get into that room. If necessary, cast [blast wall] on him. The idea is to get into the room and out of the line of fire and iron. Lizzy comes with me. Lizzy will attack anyone attempting to prevent my egress.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: May 30, 2018, 08:56:26 pm »

Switch to conventional bullets. Go upstairs. Shoot any enemy I can hit without risking hitting my own allies.

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: May 30, 2018, 10:42:27 pm »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Do we need to take the words to level up?  We don't really have a ton of space for them.

Can we level up multiple times if we stay out for a really long time?

Oh, and Corven takes point.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: May 31, 2018, 07:29:57 am »

I wonder how many missions and levels you guys will get before we manage to finish one.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: May 31, 2018, 09:01:26 am »

I wonder how many missions and levels you guys will get before we manage to finish one.

The answer to that can only ever be "Never enough!".  :D

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1499 on: June 02, 2018, 05:01:50 pm »

Considering they just lost their entire empire, save for one building they're squatting in, I think you're in the lead.

Switch to conventional bullets. Go upstairs. Shoot any enemy I can hit without risking hitting my own allies.

Without risking your allies? Good luck with that. Anyways, You can only make it up to the floor their on with a double move so no shots this turn regardless.

"Watch out, boss! Duck!"

Cast [Shockwave][Fire] in the direction of the guys in melee range while pulling from my greatbow, and then shoot and try to impale as many enemies as possible with a single big arrow.

One action a turn.

[3]
[8v2]

You bring your hand right up into the nearest thug's face and a directed explosion materializes in your hand. The blast blows the man backwards with good force, directly towards lizzy and Geiger.

Avoid my teammates poorly thought out AOE attacks. Try to shoulder past the guy in the doorway southeast of me and get into that room. If necessary, cast [blast wall] on him. The idea is to get into the room and out of the line of fire and iron. Lizzy comes with me. Lizzy will attack anyone attempting to prevent my egress.

[1v6]
You attempt to dodge out of the way only to dodge directly INTO the way and get pinned under the man, and against the right wall.
[1v3]
You try to wriggle your way out of under the man, but can't.

Lizzy, who was missed by the flying body, charges in and over you to attack the man to the south.
[7v2]
She leaps up and bites the man's face off. Seriously. She bites like the front half of his head clean off. Jesus Lizzy.

Well sheet

Move to the right of Issac and charge through the wall and into the thug on the other side.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
[7v3]
[6v3]
You shove your hand through the wall and wrap your fingers around something soft and screaming. You shoulder through the rotten wood and plaster and see that you've caught a thug by the face.  After a few seconds examining his wild flailing, you slam his head into the wall across from you repeatedly and then the limp body drop to the ground.

"Surrounded?  Good.  Now I don't haveta find you."

Cast Iron Shockwave.  Goal is to tear the seven enemies surrounding me to shreds.

Lets hope you don't roll over and kill your friends.
[1] Or that.
Hmm so I randomized the word and got...iron. Iron Iron. 

There's a shimmer of light and then everything goes dark. You're confused for a moment and then you try to move and find yourself immobile. You can breathe for the moment but just barely.

To everyone outside, a giant cube of iron has just materialized around Thag. You have about two seconds to look at it in confusion before the sheer weight of the thing shatters the floor and tears straight down to the bottom floor in a huge burst of dust and splinters.

The hole opens up a view on to some of the rooms blocked by the iron wall. The men in there seem confused while the two at the end of the hall retreat.

https://i.imgur.com/2j8yREM.png
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 114