Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230027 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1470 on: May 23, 2018, 07:22:33 am »

ARE YOU QUESTIONING MY AUTHORITY ABU HAJAAR!?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: May 23, 2018, 07:41:25 am »

"What authority? All I'm seeing is a little girl that's half of a bird but fully a fool!

Well, and also technically my boss now I guess. Ma'm."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1472 on: May 23, 2018, 02:09:31 pm »

Hold position for now.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
You stand perfectly still and utterly unmoving in the face of progress.

A metaphorical Luddite you are.

Drag my ass up the stairs to the third floor, with Lizzy by my side. Try not to get shot.

"My nemesis ... physical activity ..."

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Go upstairs!

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
Iron Brian, being slightly uncomfortable in a tiny room filled with sweaty men, attempts to charge through the eastern wall. head up the staircase since the gang boss is actually on the floor above us, not this one.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
Proceed up to floor three.  Open the door and check out the hallway.  If it's an ambush (multiple gunmen waiting for us to come out), enchant my steel rod with 'wall' for some cover.  I want basically a big heavy chunk of steel that I'm still grabbing by one end that Thag can push downfield to smash puny gunmen.  If there is no more than one man with a gun, charge and stab.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Everyone heads upstairs and Thag kicks down the door.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thag furrows his brow. "This is a fucking trap" he mutters to himself.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1473 on: May 23, 2018, 02:41:37 pm »

OI, YOU FUCKS! IF YE'RE IN RONCAL ROTH, POST YOUR CHARACTER SHEETS NOW SO THAT I CAN ASSIGN WORDS. IF YOU WEREN'T IN BEFORE BUT POST A SHEET NOW, WELL, WE'RE RECRUITING I GUESS. IF YOU WERE IN BEFORE BUT DON'T COME POST YOUR SHEET RIGHT NOW, I'M KICKING YOU OUT BECAUSE IT'S NOT WORTH HAVING DEAD WEIGHT WHO WON'T POST!

If you want words, you've got this list to work with:
We've only got one of each word on that list, no doubling up! If multiple people want the same word, I'll decide who gets it.

Also, if you're just joining, you'll be given some standard equipment, which includes an armored uniform which is fire-resistant and acid-resistant, a gas mask, a rifle, a whole pile of rifle bullets, a knife, Bandages and tourniquets, an adventurer's bag containing ropes and poles and such, a bag of firebombs, and a block of steel.

We're attacking 143.
If words remain at Dreamer's Gate after everyone else has had their pick, I'm discarding them before the mission. I will accomplish this by putting them in my deck, then just casting them as single words, one at a time. If there's any plausible in-universe reason why this cannot be accomplished, do tell me.
Nevermind, I'll just trade 'em for loot. Because apparently I can still do that.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Alright so, here is how the Unreal works. You cannot control any section of the Unreal. Its too unstable and too hostile. You'd be constantly fighting just to keep that outpost.  So instead think of it like exploring the Zone. You can get words from killing or by finding a physical thing that, when touched, gives you a word. So you would start out in 143 and could head out from there, exploring as you wish and getting what you want before returning. Keep in mind the return trip is dangerous too.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1474 on: May 23, 2018, 03:52:15 pm »

Plant my bow where Thag is standing right now and fire an arrow towards the opposite door in the other side of the hallway.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: May 24, 2018, 07:01:58 am »

Can we exchange words amongst ourselves? What are the rules for that? One for one? Can we just give words away?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 24, 2018, 04:26:22 pm »

Iron Brian stares down the length of this menacing hall of what is obviously filled with traps, goons, and other unpleasant surprise. He turns his gaze upwards and says

"Wouldn't the easiest solution simple be to go around?"

Iron Brian then precedes to punch a hole into the ceiling.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: May 25, 2018, 09:45:40 pm »

(I don't think we can trade words to each other unless you're taking them from a dead guy.  I think we could do so between missions, though.)

"You know what?  I don't give a damn."

Enchant my steel rod with 'Wall'.  I want this to become a thin steel wall down the west side of the hallway as far as I can get it.. to the end if it makes it.

Then, after the arrow, charge down the hallway at top speed, checking for hostiles to the east.  Since I did a spell already, I shouldn't be able to attack.  Look for the boss and any enemies which are inside the rooms to the east.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 26, 2018, 12:56:41 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Spoiler: Words (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 26, 2018, 09:41:24 am »

How high is the wall surrounding the city and its various districts? Then calculate how many stepladders one would need to tape together to get to the top of said wall.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 27, 2018, 12:05:51 am »

Abu Hajaar gets these words:
LargeFirearm(2)
Ammunition(2)
Clockwork(3)
Many(4)
Repair(3)
Cloud(1)
Wall(1)
FireForward(1)

Corven Feathra gets these words:
Crow(1)
MarkCaster'sEyes(1)
Concrete(2)

I'm taking these words myself:
Protect(3)
Protect(3)
Protect(3)
AffectUser(2)

Leaving these words to sell:
Wood(1)
OrbitingOrbs(2)
Spear(2)

And I'm buying:
As much food and water as that will get us, to last our trip into the unreal. Provided that that's not too much to carry.
If sending all that would give us too much provisions to carry, I'll buy only as much as we can carry, and spend the rest on getting us some sidearms.

I'll ask around at the gate to see if anyone wants to go explore the exciting unreal with us.

And having finished all of those operations, we're all ready to go. Don't bother asking us all if we're ready to go. If anyone else is NOT ready that's too bad, I'm dragging them along anyway.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:34:44 am by Egan_BW »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: May 27, 2018, 01:23:33 am »

How high is the wall surrounding the city and its various districts? Then calculate how many stepladders one would need to tape together to get to the top of said wall.

How about if we use metal stepladders instead of the traditional wooden stepladders?  Does that reduce the required number of stepladders, due to their increased structural integrity?

2.If we make the metal stepladders out of guns (and cover them in feathers, why not, our gang themes are crows and guns), does that reduce their structural integrity?

3.Could we take all of those metal gun stepladders, and pile them atop each other in a dish shape such that they're all aiming at one point, and then tie strings to all their triggers, suvh that we successfully shoot a single thing with a stepladder armada alphastrike?

4.Would aformentioned stepladder armada alphastrike provide enough dakka to overpower that magebreaker's absurd anti-magic bullet shield?

5.If not, how many metal gun stepladders *would* we need to kill the magebreaker?

6.How does leveling work in The Unreal?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: May 27, 2018, 02:00:08 am »

Move four spaces south. Lizzy stays with me.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:33:10 am by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: May 27, 2018, 02:02:14 am »

How about if we use metal stepladders instead of the traditional wooden stepladders?  Does that reduce the required number of stepladders, due to their increased structural integrity?

2.If we make the metal stepladders out of guns (and cover them in feathers, why not, our gang themes are crows and guns), does that reduce their structural integrity?

3.Could we take all of those metal gun stepladders, and pile them atop each other in a dish shape such that they're all aiming at one point, and then tie strings to all their triggers, suvh that we successfully shoot a single thing with a stepladder armada alphastrike?

4.Would aformentioned stepladder armada alphastrike provide enough dakka to overpower that magebreaker's absurd anti-magic bullet shield?

5.If not, how many metal gun stepladders *would* we need to kill the magebreaker?

You didn't go all the way up to 9. Sad.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: May 28, 2018, 12:31:00 am »

Well, this looks fun for a man with a gun... But I only got two bullets, and mister "pin a motherfucker to the goddamn wall" seems like he'll do fine for now without my help unless some goes horribly, horribly wrong. Loot the corpse of the guy who th the rifle pistol.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:45:02 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 114