Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230048 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1440 on: May 11, 2018, 06:55:29 am »

South. Get ready to duck around the corner and fire if need-be.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 11, 2018, 07:05:11 am »

Maunder along. Ascend any stairs we locate. If there are no stairs, or other accesses upward (such as ceiling hatches), have Lizzy drag me outside and start climbing the wall.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 03:16:28 am by Ozarck »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 11, 2018, 05:36:18 pm »

Head 4 spaces up to the darken corner to the northwest .

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 12, 2018, 06:26:45 pm »

((Thank you, Radio.  Looks like the method to beat this guy is indeed to just double down on our schtick of shooting things.  Despite Piecewise saying that's a bad method for him.))

New HQ is the Dreamer gate.   Acid pits are so much better, but are indefensible.
(There are better methods)

You're gonna have to talk the dreamers into letting you use the gate as an HQ. Remember you don't control it so much as you have an agreement to share it. Moving in might be seen as overstepping those boundaries.

((Unless they take the form of being more clever about our shooting, they don't seem to be available to us, either due to lack of skill or lack of words.))

Okay then, I'm still not gonna head to acid pits instead.  It's just a terrible choice.  In fact, if abandoning the acid pits altogether would get the mage breaker off our ass, I'd be open to doing that--the occasional chemical word isn't worth assult from that monster.

Hum.  If we do need to give an explanation to Mr Dreamer, Corven will be honest.  We got a lot of attention from the king because of our operations in the merchant areas, so we're stopping activities in that area.  We don't want to abandon the gate however, as it both needs protection, and Corven has been intending to investigate where that giant worm monster came from.  Can't do that if he retreats to the slums, and he's clearly not welcome in the merchant district.

If the Dreamers still don't want us there, welp, can we 'retreat' and replace our HQ while attacking a hex?  Otherwise we're just gonna be killed when we transplant our HQ to the acid pits and then presumably have to retreat before moving our HQ.

...Also, Shadow Alliance, are you open to letting us out the gates without conflict, or do we have to attack your HQ to leave?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1444 on: May 13, 2018, 11:03:53 am »

I'm gonna say no to that.

Then I'll just try again!

Ask my two puppet penpalls what they think of our inglorious retreat and that Wizard Fracturer.
What did you think of that whole thing?

"Our spirits are trapped in these things, please set us free"

"End our suffering!"

NO! GIVE ME WITTY BANTER,  COMEDY SLAVE!

"No more pallet swaps!"

"I guess you could say your victory was NULL and void."

I don't know if that's really a fair comparison....to that thing I don't know.

"I don't really know if that was a fair anything."

This is more bitter than witty.

"LET US OUT OF THESE FUCKING DOLLS!"

((Thank you, Radio.  Looks like the method to beat this guy is indeed to just double down on our schtick of shooting things.  Despite Piecewise saying that's a bad method for him.))

New HQ is the Dreamer gate.   Acid pits are so much better, but are indefensible.
(There are better methods)

You're gonna have to talk the dreamers into letting you use the gate as an HQ. Remember you don't control it so much as you have an agreement to share it. Moving in might be seen as overstepping those boundaries.

((Unless they take the form of being more clever about our shooting, they don't seem to be available to us, either due to lack of skill or lack of words.))

Okay then, I'm still not gonna head to acid pits instead.  It's just a terrible choice.  In fact, if abandoning the acid pits altogether would get the mage breaker off our ass, I'd be open to doing that--the occasional chemical word isn't worth assult from that monster.

Hum.  If we do need to give an explanation to Mr Dreamer, Corven will be honest.  We got a lot of attention from the king because of our operations in the merchant areas, so we're stopping activities in that area.  We don't want to abandon the gate however, as it both needs protection, and Corven has been intending to investigate where that giant worm monster came from.  Can't do that if he retreats to the slums, and he's clearly not welcome in the merchant district.

If the Dreamers still don't want us there, welp, can we 'retreat' and replace our HQ while attacking a hex?  Otherwise we're just gonna be killed when we transplant our HQ to the acid pits and then presumably have to retreat before moving our HQ.

...Also, Shadow Alliance, are you open to letting us out the gates without conflict, or do we have to attack your HQ to leave?

That seems a reasonable explanation for them, though they'll make it clear that if someone comes to claim your ass, they're not gonna intervene.

Now, do you want to abandon the pits? Because that would reduce the heat on you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1445 on: May 13, 2018, 11:43:59 am »

Check the two guys here for shotgun ammo.  Then proceed into that north room ready to kick ass and take names.  If it's empty rush the stairs up.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
Unsurprisingly they  don't have any, though the guy you have at sabre point does throw a very large amount of random crap out of his pockets at your prodding.

You walk out and head through the north door, walking straight into another enemy.  Probably a scout from whatever force is upstairs; judging by his surprise and the stairwell right behind him. Probably a good idea to take him out quickly and quietly.

[1v6]
You take a swing at the guy but your blade catches the doorframe instead, sinking deeply into the wood and becoming stuck.  Son of a...

Maunder along. Ascend any stairs we locate. If there are no stairs, or other accesses upward (such as ceiling hatches), have Lizzy drag me outside and start climbing the wall.

Gonna assume by "Maunder" you mean murder? As opposed to the literal definition of talking leisurely. As such I'm gonna sic Lizzy on our new friend while you drag yourself along.
[1v7]
You walk in your normal gimpy waddle and are just in time to see Thag seriously menace a doorframe instead of murder the man directly in front of him. Being so out of shape and in such bad condition you decide to send a lizard to do a man's job. You point at the man and lizzy runs in that particular squirming way, past you and through thag's legs before leaping up onto the scout. She wraps her jaws around his entire face and lets her momentum carry her around, breaking the man's neck before a single violent thrash takes the head all the way off.

Move 1 space left, plant greatbow and prepare to ambush.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)

You walk forward and plant your bow. Admittedly Thag is the most likely target like this, but it pays to be prepared.

Head 4 spaces up to the darken corner to the northwest .

South. Get ready to duck around the corner and fire if need-be.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Done and done.

Total silence from upstairs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 13, 2018, 11:46:27 am »

Check up on the corpse of our erstwhile compatriot that we didn't preserve yet. How fresh would Abu still rate him?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 13, 2018, 12:00:41 pm »

Waddle to the foot of the stairs. Send my murderlizard to do a murderlizard's job, by scouting to the top of the stairs. Try not to have an asthma attack on the way.

"Well -gasp- ... I think -wheeze ... I think -choke- ... I think that -gasp ... -I think that takes care ... -pant- ... takes care of ... -pant- .... this floor."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1449 on: May 13, 2018, 06:14:44 pm »

Wait for hostiles to descend the stairs and shoot them. If nothing happens and someone decided to ascend the stairs, follow them.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1450 on: May 16, 2018, 10:21:53 am »

Now, do you want to abandon the pits? Because that would reduce the heat on you.

Yes.  Do we get invaded anyway, or should I distribute words and select a hex to attack?
Nope, you guys got away.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your words for your new HQ

Check up on the corpse of our erstwhile compatriot that we didn't preserve yet. How fresh would Abu still rate him?
Pretty fresh. Rigor hasn't even set in.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 16, 2018, 10:35:20 am »

...I don't think Corven would object to me grabbing three copies of Protect and AffectUser from the gang list.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 16, 2018, 03:29:44 pm »

Scoot up the stairs with the rest of the Shady Boys.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 16, 2018, 03:49:38 pm »

Up the stairs.  Clear out anyone in that room.  If there are further stairs up (to the level with the boss on it, the third floor, jam the second floor door shut and enchant it with Stone, to keep that door good and jammed.  If there are no stairs up, don't do that.

If some thug is present, kill him instead of doing that.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:52:53 pm by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1454 on: May 19, 2018, 07:55:17 am »

I was gonna update this today but wow, we have fuck all in terms of turn out. Gonna give this a minute to populate.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 114