Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230102 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1350 on: April 03, 2018, 05:58:25 pm »

If we go for:
If you don't like this, then we'll continue as we are for the next mission and then immediately switch over to the single list for the next.
then no bookkeeping needs to be redone, and next mission we can smoothly move into the system as it was intended.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1351 on: April 03, 2018, 06:10:18 pm »

Ok, then
Things stay as they are for this mission and After this mission we switch to 1 set of gangwords shared between whole gang. Done.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 03, 2018, 07:50:14 pm »

So.. does RR get to keep their huge pile of multiple copy gangwords?  And gets to trade them for stuff, if they decide not to use them?  Because that's not really fun knowing that we're missing thirty or forty words because we didn't cheat as much.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:54:02 pm by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1353 on: April 03, 2018, 08:38:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So no trading gang words, dev gets some words, and rules go to what they should be after this mission.

This is what was decided on iirc between both gang leads. This is the end of it

Please let it be the end of it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 03, 2018, 09:02:17 pm »

Never.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #1355 on: April 04, 2018, 09:20:14 pm »

PW says the armored fucker is immune to magic. I fail to see how that would make him immune to a massive blast of flaming chemical of magical origin, but I can't take anything for granted with PW so fuck that shit, I'm just going to go hide somewhere and contemplate my life.

Oh and cast [Many Many Crow Clockwork Darkness].

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Oh yeah and that motherfucker is an idiot to just use full plate against us because gunpowder is pretty non-magical and plate is actively detrimental to stopping a rifle bullet from ruining your day and life. Be sure to scream "SPALLING, BITCH" as we fill him with holes.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:24:58 pm by Egan_BW »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1356 on: April 05, 2018, 01:08:47 am »

Move 1S, 1 SE, and 6 NE.  Then activate the beastly enchant on self, and punch through the wall to my east.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
[pot:4][Int:2]
You summon up all your magical and intellectual might, bracing yourself against the wall and expecting the power to surge through you any moment but...nothing. No hair, no muscle, no spike of bestial instinct, no desire to kidnap women or eat large quantities of semi-raw beef. Everything is extremely ordinary in a way that is profoundly disappointing. I'm sure you can sympathize with such an occasion, most people deal with them every day.

Nonetheless, you aren't one to just give up without trying so we'll give that wall a jolly punch just in case. Who knows, these places are made of rotten wood maybe it will work. [11v2 (on a d20)] You wind up and throw a hard straight punch into the wall. In an almost comical fashion, a large, vaguely door shaped, chunk cracks free and falls into the room with a thump of dust and splinters. Inside is a room and two people who appear to be completely unarmed and extremely terrified of the muscle bound weirdo who just added a rear entrance to their one room apartment. They are so completely unimportant that you cannot even bother registering what they look like.

HEad 1 tile NE, 1 tile E (my limit, apparently). Send Lizzy through the door to the SE of that position, with orders to kill any hostiles but to leave anyone not deemed a threat. (anyone with weapons out and pointed at us verses children, weak old men, and so forth.)

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Well, you can move 4 if you don't do an action. Might wanna pump that speed.

You hobble in with Lizzy at your side. You take up position next to the South East door and gesture, via a complex set of pantomimes, what you want her to do.  This is all superfluous because she can read your mind and intentions but she seems pretty entertained by it. She launches off to perform her duty, slapping against the door like a wet noodle and flailing her claws at the knob. Clearly not lizard accessible. You reach over and attempt to open the door only to find the knob immovable and the entire door oddly solidly in place. Locked and barricaded, no doubt.

Judging from Thag's experience, you might be better off just punching a wall.

"Y'know what, on second thought, get the hell outta here. We'll deal with whatever the hell is approaching."
Vault back over the barricade and ready to fire on whatever hostile turns the corner. Make sure I'm a safe distance away from allies though in case I suddenly explode.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Catching on to the situation, you vault back over the nearest table and drag them back to re-form the barricade. Then you crouch down and rest your rifle atop the table, taking aim at the hall.  The man seems to break out of his panic and scrambles for the nearest door. Its apparently locked and he shakes it violently, banging with his fists while screaming in a language you don't recognize.

A moment later at least 3 men with guns walk into view around the corner. They're wearing similar colors and oddly high quality clothing for the area. Their guns are small, boxy black things, not like the rifles you're used to. You don't take too long to observe them, instead opting to shoot first and make observations later. Or never.
[5v5]
The bullet...well there's a black flash near where you were aiming, but rather than the normal bloody hole, something else happens. The bullet seems to vanish and in its place, right up on the man's face is some sort of contraption. It looks like a combination between a pipe and a spider, clinging to the man's face. After a few seconds of enduring the man's struggling, the spider pipe thing begins to make a violent sucking sound and a combination of teeth and blood start issuing out of the end of the pipe.

Quickly go where Joseph and Geiger are, once I have sight of any hostile enemies, fire an orb at them. Otherwise, keep moving as far as possible.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
Since I missed you,I'm doubling your turns up.  With that in mind you have JUST enough movement to get to the barricade with an action left.

You skid to a stop behind the tables and unleash one of your orbs on the remaining enemies. Well technically they're all still there, but the one with the spider dentist thing seems rather distracted.
[5v2]
You point the orb in the right direction and it flies true, arcing slightly around the corner and striking one of the other men in the chest. The result isn't pretty and it definitely isn't fast. Imagine napalm; but instead of burning it instead took every speck of matter it touched and randomly shifted it about. Imagine the carefully assembled puzzle of muscles, arteries, organs and other specialized tissues that make up a human. Imagine someone takes that puzzle, puts it in a washing machine filled with blood, and turns it on "heavy".  That is basically what happens.

The last gang member sees whats happened to his two associates and decides to advance towards the rear at high speed.

Strut along side Thag, kicking whatever is left from Thag's brief rampage against the structure.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
You admire thag's hole.

Wait.

You are impressed by Thag's powers of penetration.

No.

You are envious of the force of Thag's mighty thrusting.

SHIT.

Thag's powerful fisting is-

For fuck sake.

You-You just go meet up with Thag, alright?  What do you want from me? I am but a man. A silly silly man.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 05, 2018, 06:53:45 am »

Shout toward the south:
"You in there! I really don't want to tear this place apart. If I have to, I will kill you. Messily. Why, several of my friends are currently killing the other inhabitants of this shithole as we speak. Hear the screams? Actually, some of that was my doing as well. Anyway, the point is, I need some token of your good faith and cooperation, or I will be coming in there, one way or another. And then you will be the ones screaming. So, come, show me that you won't be a problem for me. I dislike problems.

Wait a reasonable amount of time to allow a response. If I get none, send Lizzy through a wall to kill. If I get a hostile response, send Lizzy through a wall to kill. If I get a reasonable 'please  don't kill us," Move down the hall to the south as far as my poor little legs can carry my fat ass.

((It is going t o take us about three missions worth of turns to clear this place.))

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 05, 2018, 11:20:15 am »

So no trading gang words, dev gets some words, and rules go to what they should be after this mission.

This is what was decided on iirc between both gang leads. This is the end of it

Please let it be the end of it.

But Pieeeecewiiiiise, I have a whole list of imagined slights in my head, each more outrageous than the last! How will I eeeeeever find solace nooooooow?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:38:45 am by Radio Controlled »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 05, 2018, 01:21:14 pm »

(I think we're almost done.  We're ripping right through them, and I think we're pretty close to any remaining soldiers just wanting to not die, especially with how terrible it's been for the last bunch, including the one your lizard disarmed.  Let that guy spread the word, maaaybe Thag murders his boss, and we'll be good to go.)

Go through the room and the door behind it.  Point to the corner of the room so the civvies know where to stand.  That door should open from the inside fine.  Keep an eye out for any hostiles and where the scared guy retreats to.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:05:10 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1360 on: April 05, 2018, 07:22:57 pm »

Plant my greatbow and fire at the helpless guy.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1361 on: April 05, 2018, 08:42:44 pm »

"Doll, I think we kneed to take a break, some commies are knocking on our door. This calls for a joint effort!"

first action: Retrieve weapon. Spawn... somewhere near the lower left part of the map, so that I have maximum firing lines. Make sure that I can see the area south of the train (so they can't hide there and advance). Don't put me right on the train tracks however.

Prep spell: As usual, create Abu's favorite implement of destruction by enchanting my rifle with LargeFirearm no wait, the rules changed, 1/6 chance of failing that now. Hmm, instead cast "Clockwork LargeFirearm", trying to get a recoiless rifle/bazooka again. If the pot roll is good, try to get some nice additional feature(s) like multi-shot or extra ammo or something else that's nice. I dunno, surprise me (pleasantly, if possible).

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

You get your weapon back from daddy's little bird sloot and then emulate Todd McFarlane. We'll stick you on a rock pile, with a bit of height to use.

[3]
You summon up a clockwork recoilless rifle! Your pot roll enables the extra feature of...an iron sight! Well.  Full load of 5 rounds.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Is the gray patch that interrupts the Western railroad full of cover?  If it is, Corven and three slaves will be spread out in that area.  If it doesn't provide good cover, Corven will burn a "Wall" on making a chest-high line of cover in front of the Western tunnel.  Four slaves will also be placed in the tower, and four will be placed in the train to the South (preferably in the Western car).  These two groups will be instructed to stay hidden and hold fire until ordered to shoot (if shouts can carry all the way to them), or for one round after the shooting starts.  The idea being that they can flank the greatshielder, but we want him to start focusing on the main force before the flankers open up.

The last slave is placed with Raven, and is ordered to keep her safe, at the cost of his/her own life if necessary, because if Raven dies that slave will be killed very slowly.

Corven will buff his own rifle with "Clockwork", and then wait in cover for enemies to appear.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

The gray patch is a rock pile, the stuff pulled up from the mine. So yes, you can hide behind it and its a pretty damn good cover, all things considered. Though it might collapse. You're within range for them to hear you yell, so you can yell to the slaves when you want them to shoot. I've set them where you want. The train is the train engine with them inside the cabin.

[9,8]
Your rifle becomes a full clockwork contraption which can fire up to 3 shots per turn with -1 dice level of accuracy for each successive shot.

PW says the armored fucker is immune to magic. I fail to see how that would make him immune to a massive blast of flaming chemical of magical origin, but I can't take anything for granted with PW so fuck that shit, I'm just going to go hide somewhere and contemplate my life.

Oh and cast [Many Many Crow Clockwork Darkness].

Oh yeah and that motherfucker is an idiot to just use full plate against us because gunpowder is pretty non-magical and plate is actively detrimental to stopping a rifle bullet from ruining your day and life. Be sure to scream "SPALLING, BITCH" as we fill him with holes.
I didn't say immune to magic, I said practically. But then again he's pretty fucking overpowered because there are only 12 real mage breakers in this world. Some lesser ones but you guys got a real one. Ticked off the King it seems. 

Alright, I'll stick you behind the rocks with your dad and your body guard.

[4] A mark appears on your left arm. It looks like a huge flock of crows made of clock parts, swirling around your entire arm from wrist to shoulder like an avian tornado. Neat.

(("Oh yeah and that motherfucker is an idiot to just use full plate against us" Maybe but you assume the plate is just there to block bullets. ))

You guys seem to be missing people...A pancaek at least.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #1362 on: April 07, 2018, 05:28:00 am »

[ColdIron Ammunition Many]

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:34:19 am by Egan_BW »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 07, 2018, 05:30:19 am »

Uuh, that's not really where I thought I would spawn. But whatever, Can I assume the firing lines I mentioned are still open for me? Also, do I have any cover in the position I'm in right now? If not, move back over the pile until I have some.

Anyways, cast Many Ammunition Steel (or Many Steel Ammunition, whatever it is).

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:35:20 am by Radio Controlled »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 07, 2018, 06:35:19 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

If Pancaek appears, give Sarge the full-auto rifle.  Just wait, otherwise.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 114