Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230116 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1305 on: March 21, 2018, 06:25:57 pm »

Does my shiny new rifle come with some extra ammo?

If we're going to defend already: Find a good overwatch spot with cover in our home hex.
If we're not: Faff about and observe the kerfuffle between Abu and Raven

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 21, 2018, 10:15:48 pm »

"Hands behind your head. Face the wall. Press yourself against it. Slowly. Move fast and I kill you, scream and I kill you, refuse and I kill you."
Keep the gun trained on them. Slowly move the tables out the way and secure the bodies. If they do anything funny, kill them. If I'm near the bodies when they anything, use the guns on the bodies.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 23, 2018, 10:35:26 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

No.  All we've done is arm and train the slaves, the terrain should be unchanged.  Who is attacking us?  How much warning do we have?  How well-armed are they?

Spoiler: @Radio and Egan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1308 on: March 23, 2018, 02:11:50 pm »

"Think this is funny, punk? Let's see you laugh at this!"

Over-repair Abu. Anywhere works, really. If I end up mutating his brains into uselessness, then, um, that's a... tragedy.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
In case we're gonna actually start the next mission: retrieve rifle and go find a good sniper spot in our home hex. Preferably with good lines of sight but still offers cover and concealment.

In case we're not: scuttle away all crab-like and take some potshots with the backup rifle! As before, don't target any of the vital areas, only the funny ones.

By the way, what happened to the speed rolls?

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
(No speed roll on the last round because he had the advantage after your face plant)

[1v5]
[6v5]
Abu does a sort of kungfu leap to his feet and shoots Raven right in the fucking kneecap with his backup rifle.  Raven, out of range of being able to repair Abu to death, shifts her action to just repairing her knee.

"SHOOTING ME LITERALLY ONLY MAKES ME ANGRY."

"I am 100% ok with that. In fact, 110%."

Does my shiny new rifle come with some extra ammo?

If we're going to defend already: Find a good overwatch spot with cover in our home hex.
If we're not: Faff about and observe the kerfuffle between Abu and Raven

We'll assume he got ya 20 rounds.

You watch the kerfuffle, considering idly if you should step in and break it up.

Nah.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

No.  All we've done is arm and train the slaves, the terrain should be unchanged.  Who is attacking us?  How much warning do we have?  How well-armed are they?

Spoiler: @Radio and Egan (click to show/hide)

Alright then.  By my records here you have 12 armed slaves on sight. I'll post the map and let you distribute them where you want.
Who do you think? The guys whose territory you've been poaching. The Tradesmen. As per the units, we'll say you saw a few Thaumic automata and someone who might have been a Magebreaker.

A few minutes warning is what you have. Three turns worth of actions.

Well, from what you saw, the automata have guns and melee weapons and the guy that might be a Magebreaker is kitted out in full plate with cloak and who knows how many weapons under it. You saw a sword and greatshield.

Here's your map. They're coming from the East.

https://imgur.com/a/JDyTV

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1309 on: March 23, 2018, 03:21:27 pm »

Jet down the stairs and head for the wall north of the platform.  If I reach the wall, activate Beastly, and punch through it.  I want to avoid the ambush hallway.  If I don't have time to punch it, don't cast the spell and just move.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

You can't quite do the action, but you move down stairs. I'm not sure what platform you're talking about or anything though. Could ya circle it on the map or something? Give a coordinate point? I can only assume the wall north of the stairs on the first story.

Call out to Lizzy, order her to return to me. Also, I have questions:

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

You call out and Lizzy returns, holding a human arm in her mouth. Hmm, Seems like giving her time in that room with the body has...well been quality time for her. You of course only see this after closing the book.

1)You cannot. Totally black. You also aren't sure how large the effected area is from inside.
2)Yes. You close the book. It seems to have eaten through...maybe a quarter of the pages. And yes, closing the book does dissipate the darkness.
3) For now, assume you are not gonna die of it but any sort of strenuous action could still, if failed, reopen the wound.
4)Pot and Int followed by opposed Endurance to not pass out from pain. Since you were enchanting your flesh with "Lock".

Head down, to bottom of the building.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
You run back down the stairs and past Thag, skidding to a stop a few feet away.

"Hands behind your head. Face the wall. Press yourself against it. Slowly. Move fast and I kill you, scream and I kill you, refuse and I kill you."
Keep the gun trained on them. Slowly move the tables out the way and secure the bodies. If they do anything funny, kill them. If I'm near the bodies when they anything, use the guns on the bodies.

You keep your gun trained on the man while shoving the tables out of the way with your foot,  glancing down to make sure you won't trip yourself up. The man has his hands raised and is breathing very hard, laying half on the ground and half on the wall. His eyes are constantly shifting from you to the north facing hall and back. You listen carefully but don't hear anything new. Even the voices you heard before are now silent.

You move to the bodies and examine them with one hand while keeping the rifle aimed with the other, doing your best to divide your attention between the man and the corpses. You can't really secure the bodies as they are; they're literally rooted to the ground in a standing position and covered in thorny vines that make barbed wire look like silk sheets. The bodies of the men are so horribly interwoven that its basically impossible to separate the plant from the man. Their items and guns are likewise embedded in wood and thorns.

The man's attention shifts to the north hall and stays there. His breathing is getting faster.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 23, 2018, 03:43:19 pm »

Move 1S, 1 SE, and 6 NE.  Then activate the beastly enchant on self, and punch through the wall to my east.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:59:55 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #1311 on: March 23, 2018, 04:07:17 pm »

"Bloody hell."

Building cover, northwest corner, ground level, watching east. The moment that that mage breaker enters line-of sight, tell me.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:20:32 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 23, 2018, 04:08:39 pm »

PW, you missed Random's action, which was to move  toward Geiger and Joseph and slaughter anyone not on the team.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 23, 2018, 04:26:19 pm »

HEad 1 tile NE, 1 tile E (my limit, apparently). Send Lizzy through the door to the SE of that position, with orders to kill any hostiles but to leave anyone not deemed a threat. (anyone with weapons out and pointed at us verses children, weak old men, and so forth.)

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 24, 2018, 04:42:26 am »

"Y'know what, on second thought, get the hell outta here. We'll deal with whatever the hell is approaching."
Vault back over the barricade and ready to fire on whatever hostile turns the corner. Make sure I'm a safe distance away from allies though in case I suddenly explode.

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1315 on: March 24, 2018, 08:15:46 am »

Quickly go where Joseph and Geiger are, once I have sight of any hostile enemies, fire an orb at them. Otherwise, keep moving as far as possible.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:37:16 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 26, 2018, 07:47:36 am »

"Doll, I think we kneed to take a break, some commies are knocking on our door. This calls for a joint effort!"

first action: Retrieve weapon. Spawn... somewhere near the lower left part of the map, so that I have maximum firing lines. Make sure that I can see the area south of the train (so they can't hide there and advance). Don't put me right on the train tracks however.

Prep spell: As usual, create Abu's favorite implement of destruction by enchanting my rifle with LargeFirearm no wait, the rules changed, 1/6 chance of failing that now. Hmm, instead cast "Clockwork LargeFirearm", trying to get a recoiless rifle/bazooka again. If the pot roll is good, try to get some nice additional feature(s) like multi-shot or extra ammo or something else that's nice. I dunno, surprise me (pleasantly, if possible).

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:29:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 26, 2018, 05:05:38 pm »

Strut along side Thag, kicking whatever is left from Thag's brief rampage against the structure.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 26, 2018, 08:36:27 pm »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Is the gray patch that interrupts the Western railroad full of cover?  If it is, Corven and three slaves will be spread out in that area.  If it doesn't provide good cover, Corven will burn a "Wall" on making a chest-high line of cover in front of the Western tunnel.  Four slaves will also be placed in the tower, and four will be placed in the train to the South (preferably in the Western car).  These two groups will be instructed to stay hidden and hold fire until ordered to shoot (if shouts can carry all the way to them), or for one round after the shooting starts.  The idea being that they can flank the greatshielder, but we want him to start focusing on the main force before the flankers open up.

The last slave is placed with Raven, and is ordered to keep her safe, at the cost of his/her own life if necessary, because if Raven dies that slave will be killed very slowly.

Corven will buff his own rifle with "Clockwork", and then wait in cover for enemies to appear.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1319 on: March 28, 2018, 08:46:04 am »

Quote from: anonymous
RR is apparently cheating by doubling up on words from corpses carrying gang words.  I was told that was against the rules when my teammates died.  Can you slap that out of them?

I'm to busy burying bodies right now to look into exactly what this means or whats going on, but ya better either explain or knock it off or I'm gonna have to bury some more bodies.

I assume it is a mistake in record keeping.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 114