Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230170 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1275 on: March 10, 2018, 11:17:47 am »

"To the speedy go the spoils. Whoop whoop whoop whoop!"

If righteous retribution is forthcoming, skedaddle away with my bounty doing my best Zoidberg impersonation.

Also, leveling and such.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
Shoot Abu anywhere but in the head. Because I can't fix braindead.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
[6v6]
Abu scoops the body up and throws it over his shoulder before dropping down into a wide stance and attempting to scuttle away while snapping his fingers. Raven, a few feet behind, unslings her rifle and fires three times, blowing splattery craters in the ooze and forcing Abu to skitter in the opposite direction. After the third shot lands almost directly in front of Abu he spins on an dime, shouting "NYUK NYUK NYUK" and crab walk-charging at  Raven.

Leveling up strength

As for the rifle, I'm mostly looking for more damage. Extra accuracy on top of that would be nice, but not necessary. Don't forget about the sack of grenades.

Can I use the tunnel bore teeth to make a mace or a flail instead?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
More accurate boom stick eh? Alright. Hows about a nice, bolt action rifle that takes an action to slot another shell but hits like a freight train with brass knuckles instead of a cattle guard?

Sack of grenades huh? How big of a sack you want? We all know how big a sack you got; but some men always want more. A dozen sound good?

Can you take hard metal things and affix them to a chain or a piece of wood or metal? Yeah, sure you can.  Go nuts. Beat pedestrians. Vote Nader.

You guys let me know when you're ready to choose your next mission and all. Or any improvements you want to do to various levels or whatever. You know. On your own time. No rush.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1276 on: March 10, 2018, 01:47:08 pm »

Edited action: Head across to the first floor of the building that Lizzy is in. If threatened, unleash a kodama on the threat. If there are multiple threats, open my little black book instead. Intent is darkness concentrated on enemies heads, if intent matters at this point.

Edit #2: I'll move in coordination with Joseph (Emp's guy). No rushing in ahead of the teammate. Open the doors together and all that.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

You...well with that speed I can only assume that you crawl over to the next building, dragging yourself along by your chin. It would take you two turns to make it to the door if I didn't decide to be nice since no one is currently being shot at. Yet.
[3v5]
You throw open the double doors. Lets see here...reasonably dark hallway lit by ceiling mounted oil lanterns, the majority of which are out. Wooden walls, discolored but still with most of their white paint. Couple of doors on the right, another one straight ahead, long hall that turns left...oh and two men behind overturned tables with rifles pointed in your direction. Ah.

The men open fire, filling the air with the screaming passage of what feels like about 6 million bullets. You scramble back around the corner and fall onto your butt, back against the wall. Only after the bullets stop for a moment do you realize you've been shot in the gut. Twice. You groan, more out of anger than pain, and then snap your fingers several times in the air.

"OI!" You yell, voice coming out harsh through the pain. "Found some guys."

You look at the Kodamas, who are looking back at you with their wide, empty black eyes and expressionless faces. You squeeze your eyes shut and hold your belly before jerking a thumb back at the hallway.

"Sic em!"
[5v3] [6v2]

Two of the Kodamas peel off from their orbit and vanish down the hall, out of sight. A moment later you hear more shooting and then screaming. And then something very odd. The screams morph into what you can only describe as wood straining or maybe growing, along with the violent rustle of leaves. Then nothing.

"Isaac, cover that hole.  Brian, come with me."

Move west and check those two doors.  If they're locked, go past them.  If unlocked, go inside and attack any armed hostiles.  Check the North one first.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

You walk across the creaking boards and over to the first room. The door is sticky but not locked and after a good shove it opens into the room. Immediately the smell hits you like a palpable wave. This entire area smells awful- ash and rot and human filth - but this room is something different. It smells of death in a way that causes your entire nervous system to try and slither out your ears and seek nicer climates. It makes you want to turn tail, and the scene in the room is no better. There are bodies here, dozens, stacked in various states of decay. There's a small section of the room thats clear of bodies, a section that is stained nearly black with a sludge of dried blood. The wood has soaked up so much of it that its gone swollen and rotten.

This is a killing room. Execution grounds. No more, no less.

You close the door quietly ant turn to the other one. Its locked. You're about to go on when you hear Geiger yelling and the sound of gunfire from below.

"Alright, Boss!"
Go 2 spaces down, plant greatbow and stay in overwatch.
Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
You walk out onto the rather...precarious bit of remaining floor. You bring the bow down hard, planting the spike, and then entire floor groans.
[1v4]
A moment later the floor gives way and you fall back down to the first story. Its not a long fall, not one that would hurt you, aside from your pride. You look around and quickly discover that you're fallen down into the sealed room from before. Its pitch black in here, aside from the light from the hole above. Even that only illuminates a small section of ground. You can see something though, carved into the ground a bit north west of you. Very faint, just a deeper shade of shadow in the wooden floor.

Enchant my sword with {When Inflicting Damage} {Shockwave} {Lead}
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Your rubber aura fades like water boiling off hot metal, bubbling into a mist and vanishing.
[2][8]
You hold the blade in your hands and push magic into it. As the power drains into the steel, you feel something go wrong; a wriggling terror as you finalize the spell. You put something on that sword, but you're not sure what.

Head over to the double doors of the building directly to my east. Position myself just south west of the lower door. Check the windows to my west and if it looks clear, open the door, staying where I am. Be prepared to open fire on any hostiles.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

You run over to the doors in a crouch, stopping just next to Geiger. You glance at him just long enough to make sure he's still alive before peeking in through the doors. The hall is just as Geiger saw it before but with one significant difference: at the end of the hall there are no longer two men. There are two plants in vaguely human shapes. Thorn bushes coated with blood and gristle.

https://imgur.com/a/tzw5Z

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1277 on: March 10, 2018, 02:15:19 pm »

Cast [Orbiting orbs][Distortion Dust] and aim it to the entrance of the room to make an exit.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:16:35 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 10, 2018, 02:32:14 pm »

Cast [superglue] onto my wounds. intent is surgical repair.

Edit: by the way, I don't mind you enforcing the speed limit.

a dark gleam lights Geiger's face. For the first time in a long time, he feels something, alongside the pain. So, this is what it means to be alive.

Hey, Joseph, ol' pal. mind looting one of them rifles for me? I'd be most grateful. Ugh. I gotta get in shape. waddling around like this is leaving me breathless. I move about as fast as an anaconda that's eaten a horse. I'd laugh at my own joke, but I don't think I could keep myself together if I did so."

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:55:34 am by Ozarck »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 10, 2018, 05:25:27 pm »

"Got it, take care of yourself."

Hmm... there shouldn't be anyone coming. If there was Joseph would have heard something after the gunfire. Shouting maybe. Footsteps at the very least. Maybe they're lying in position, behind a barricade or something. Doubtful though, these seem to be mostly residential in layout, besides, no one so far has demonstrated too much discipline. Advance to the first fork, face south and sweep across, readying to fire. In the event there are enemies, continue running east until back behind a wall for cover. Otherwise, turn to face north, and peak around the corner. If it's safe, loot both the corpses and head back.

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 10, 2018, 06:34:58 pm »

Geez, I think I've only had like, two spells succeed so far.

Head to the door opposite to the one Thag and stab my sword into it. Request from leader to do something else. New action is below.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:34:56 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 11, 2018, 03:28:07 pm »

Defend myself from the long arm of Bird Justice by using Kay as a club. "Club Kay, the hippest joint in town, is about to go down (on your face)".

You guys let me know when you're ready to choose your next mission and all. Or any improvements you want to do to various levels or whatever. You know. On your own time. No rush.
((I'm ready whenever. All I could need in terms of words are a solid material to replace the iron I used, and however many I need to get a wheelbarrow (and to have the corpse preserved, depending on how things go).))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #1282 on: March 11, 2018, 05:39:48 pm »

Abu appear to be trying to strike me in melee with his wimpy girl arms. Don't even bother trying to hit him, just dodge and let him put himself off-balance, then knock him over.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 11, 2018, 06:49:26 pm »

More accurate boom stick eh? Alright. Hows about a nice, bolt action rifle that takes an action to slot another shell but hits like a freight train with brass knuckles instead of a cattle guard?

Sack of grenades huh? How big of a sack you want? We all know how big a sack you got; but some men always want more. A dozen sound good?

1. I like bolt action rifles, but having my every other action be "reload" sounds dreadfully boring. Any chance of something else that's punchier than the standard guard rifle, but doesn't come with such a pretty huge drawback?

2. A dozen grenades sounds fine, yes.

3. Then I will turn 1 to 3 (however many I can realistically lift as a weapon, I don't know how heavy these things are) of the bore teeth into a gnarly trench club.

4. Also make the smallest bore tooth into a necklace anyway. Or a belt buckle, if that's easier to lug around.

[/b]

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 11, 2018, 07:57:27 pm »

"Don't worry about that locked door, it's probably just someone smart enough to hide."

Check the next two doors similarly to the last ones, and if I have time, turn around and head back towards the stairs.

(You know, random, next time just shout and I'll have Thag punch his way through the wall to you.)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 08:56:09 am by Devastator »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 11, 2018, 08:34:03 pm »

"Mmm."

Iron Brian will wait by the locked for Thag, as Iron Brian does not have enough speed to make it to the other doors and act as well.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1286 on: March 15, 2018, 11:36:19 am »

Cast [Orbiting orbs][Distortion Dust] and aim it to the entrance of the room to make an exit.
[4]

You push the magic out into the world and it condenses into 4 floating shapes that orbit around you. The shapes constantly move and change between glowing platonic solids and clouds of shimmering dust. Their light illuminates the room a bit more and you can make out the wooden barricade on the door. You point at the door and fire off one of the orbs at the wood blocking it. The magic impacts with a flashbulb bright flash and begins randomizing the wood. Its not a fast process, but it should burrow through in a few moments.

Cast [superglue] onto my wounds. intent is surgical repair.

Edit: by the way, I don't mind you enforcing the speed limit.

a dark gleam lights Geiger's face. For the first time in a long time, he feels something, alongside the pain. So, this is what it means to be alive.

Hey, Joseph, ol' pal. mind looting one of them rifles for me? I'd be most grateful. Ugh. I gotta get in shape. waddling around like this is leaving me breathless. I move about as fast as an anaconda that's eaten a horse. I'd laugh at my own joke, but I don't think I could keep myself together if I did so."

[2]
You grip your injuries with both hands and push the sticky magic inside, trying to use it to stop the bleeding, at least. You manage to get enough in that it stops any more blood from getting out, but your guts are still properly torn up and any physically intense activity is gonna tear these liquid stitches. You lean back against the wall and giggle a bit to yourself, even though doing so tinges your vision with red.

"This is new and interesting."

"Got it, take care of yourself."

Hmm... there shouldn't be anyone coming. If there was Joseph would have heard something after the gunfire. Shouting maybe. Footsteps at the very least. Maybe they're lying in position, behind a barricade or something. Doubtful though, these seem to be mostly residential in layout, besides, no one so far has demonstrated too much discipline. Advance to the first fork, face south and sweep across, readying to fire. In the event there are enemies, continue running east until back behind a wall for cover. Otherwise, turn to face north, and peak around the corner. If it's safe, loot both the corpses and head back.

You can't make it to the main fork over there, past the corpses, so you move to the first, minor fork. Its hall, leading south, only about as wide as your shoulders and unlit; no lanterns, no bulbs, no windows, nothing. The hall itself isn't very long and is completely empty, ending in a door. The door itself is no better than anything else around here; clearly flimsy and made of nothing but a thin wooden board.

You listen carefully and can hear people moving around all through the building, not only on this floor but on others. Voices, muffled and unintelligible but omnipresent. There are some coming from the wall to the north and others coming from the south east. Place smells like blood and smoke.

"Don't worry about that locked door, it's probably just someone smart enough to hide."

Check the next two doors similarly to the last ones, and if I have time, turn around and head back towards the stairs.

(You know, random, next time just shout and I'll have Thag punch his way through the wall to you.)

You move forward to the next pair of doors and try the knobs. The first, to the north, doesn't budge. More than being locked, you notice that the door isn't actually a door; its a solid wall of wood that sits flush with the door frame on the otherside. Someone's stuck a doorknob to it to make it look more normal but its effectively a solid wall. Weird.

You try the other door and though it is locked, you hear someone stifle a gasp or a startled cry inside. Hmm.

You turn and walk as far back towards the stairs as you can without having to make a jump to reach them.

"Mmm."

Iron Brian will wait by the locked for Thag, as Iron Brian does not have enough speed to make it to the other doors and act as well.

You stand around, leaning against the wall, trying to be both as relaxed and as on point as possible. See, cool guys never look like they're staying frosty, right? Always nonchalant because they're too skilled to need to stay attentive. They can just react and handle anything that comes their way. Normal people fumble and can't react very well without already being ready to go.

You're not even sure why you're trying to look cool, but its very important to you at this particular moment.

https://imgur.com/a/syeZI

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1287 on: March 15, 2018, 12:09:37 pm »

Defend myself from the long arm of Bird Justice by using Kay as a club. "Club Kay, the hippest joint in town, is about to go down (on your face)".

((I'm ready whenever. All I could need in terms of words are a solid material to replace the iron I used, and however many I need to get a wheelbarrow (and to have the corpse preserved, depending on how things go).))

Abu appear to be trying to strike me in melee with his wimpy girl arms. Don't even bother trying to hit him, just dodge and let him put himself off-balance, then knock him over.

[2v7]
Abu attempts, as best as he can, to hit Raven with the body. But, and this is something you might not know unless you've had to move a body around for...whatever reason...humans are difficult to move. See, even when they're fairly light they're not like a dumbbell thats designed to be lifted. They slosh and sloosh and their center of gravity shifts all over the place. Like swinging a 6 foot sack of potatoes. So Abu's attempt to weaponize  a corpse predictably ends with him swinging past raven and going down with the body. They land in a heap at raven's feet.

1. I like bolt action rifles, but having my every other action be "reload" sounds dreadfully boring. Any chance of something else that's punchier than the standard guard rifle, but doesn't come with such a pretty huge drawback?

2. A dozen grenades sounds fine, yes.

3. Then I will turn 1 to 3 (however many I can realistically lift as a weapon, I don't know how heavy these things are) of the bore teeth into a gnarly trench club.

4. Also make the smallest bore tooth into a necklace anyway. Or a belt buckle, if that's easier to lug around.

[/b]
Hmm. How about a powerful rifle with a 3 round magazine then?

Ok.

For you, we'll say 2, turning it into a sort of warhammer sort of thing.

And how much and of what are you trading for the gun and grenades? Feel free to hash this out by IRC or Discord to deal with it faster.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #1288 on: March 15, 2018, 03:31:08 pm »

"Good job. Now, hands off Kay's body before I start shooting parts off of yours."

Take Abu's gun with my hands. Opposed strength.
Start by shooting Abu's kneecaps. Then progress to shooting him in the neck and immediately repairing it. Repeat until cooperation is produced.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 08:34:26 am by Egan_BW »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1289 on: March 15, 2018, 03:34:05 pm »

Explore the room while the orb continues doing his job.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:31:59 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 114