Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230239 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #1185 on: February 13, 2018, 05:20:13 pm »

"Shit! Don't die on me now!"

Estimate the probability that firing this thing will make a hole in the tower from the recoil. If not confident, Throw potency into the structure using [Wall]. Otherwise shoot the shit out of that head, trying not to kill Kay in a glorious explosion.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1186 on: February 14, 2018, 01:30:56 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Take potshots at the wagon train, since all of the useful spells I can think of are short ranged.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: February 14, 2018, 05:29:01 am »

"Alright guys, kill anyone who is armed and looks able to fight back.  We're taking this place over.  Don't forget your portable forts."

Head down and east towards the ladder up in the building to the left.  Keep an eye out for any potentially hostile gangers.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: February 14, 2018, 09:03:55 am »

"Perhaps we cold give them the choice to join us, and mainly kill those that resist?"

[black biometal][lizard]

also, follow the leader, but remain in the alley for the moment.

Spoiler: bookkeeping (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Prep spell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:58:26 pm by Ozarck »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1189 on: February 14, 2018, 12:56:29 pm »

Plant greatbow in the ground and shoot anyone not in the gang.
Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:02:06 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: February 14, 2018, 01:22:32 pm »

(Can Isaac see anything from where he's at?)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: February 14, 2018, 03:03:11 pm »

(Probably nothing yet, but enemies are bound to come at us sooner or later. Better to be ready.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: February 14, 2018, 03:35:13 pm »

Wait for everyone, I guess?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: February 14, 2018, 04:26:58 pm »

As Thag makes his covert entrance, Iron Brian will make his in magna, going through the front door brandishing his steel rod.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: February 15, 2018, 10:44:14 am »

If the head still has a bunch of ammo in the hole, try to hit said ammo to blow it up even further.

If it does not, shoot one of the wagons in the train.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1195 on: February 15, 2018, 10:41:00 pm »

Cosa Nostra

((Sorry for inactivity))

If the beer flood doesn't reduce the fire to easily manageable levels, shoot another tank.

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1196 on: February 16, 2018, 01:24:12 pm »

Cosa Nostra

((Sorry for inactivity))

If the beer flood doesn't reduce the fire to easily manageable levels, shoot another tank.

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
Wait for everyone, I guess?
Ya know what, I'm gonna give you this. Basically, all ya needed to do was shoot a a tank or two more and it would flood the whole area. Ya might have screwed it up along the way somewhere but eh, I'm gonna just assume you guys got the fire out rather than sit around and delay you for 5 more turns.

Now to the fun part: Explaining the mess up here to the lady downstairs.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1197 on: February 16, 2018, 02:57:38 pm »

"Alright guys, kill anyone who is armed and looks able to fight back.  We're taking this place over.  Don't forget your portable forts."

Head down and east towards the ladder up in the building to the left.  Keep an eye out for any potentially hostile gangers.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Ladder? Assuming stairs.
The stairs you can see are actually accessible via a literal hole in the wall of this building. Ash has spilled in and covered the floor and everything is coated in grime. There's a symbol of some kind scratched in the wall that looks like a crudely drawn man with a noose round his neck. The stairs up are wooden boards crudely affixed between two close walls, seemingly an afterthought jammed in this nook.

You can hear sounds of people in some of the adjoining rooms; a lot of coughing and grumbling, some dragging of feet, a sneeze etc.

"Perhaps we cold give them the choice to join us, and mainly kill those that resist?"

[black biometal][lizard]

also, follow the leader, but remain in the alley for the moment.

Spoiler: bookkeeping (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Prep spell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Well, I'll put you as far forward as you can, slowbro.

[6][5]
You summon up a black biometal Crocodile. Its under your control, luckily, because it spawned right beside you and you don't like to think about what it could do to you with those jaws. It doesn't even have teeth, its just a giant serrated, spiked maw, like a bear trap merged with an over designed knife.

Plant greatbow in the ground and shoot anyone not in the gang.
Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
You plant the bow and wait.

As Thag makes his covert entrance, Iron Brian will make his in magna, going through the front door brandishing his steel rod.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
[9v5]

You kick the door in and find a hallway with a doorway on the left and a turn to the right. Oh and there's a dead man in the corner ahead. He doesn't have a head.

This is not the best neighborhood.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1198 on: February 16, 2018, 03:50:52 pm »

(( Got it, will avoid abuse of it in the future.

Hey, R-R, I placed explosives inside the target! Which are probably slowly spilling out of it as it rolls forward, but still.))

Enjoy my blissful dreams, I earned them. A bit of Mechanical Muse, please?

...The Kidnapper Bell...

...Catacombs...

...Lost subject...

"Guys, guys that was just embarrassing. Go stand in a corner and think about what you've done."

While the two times three blind mice go wallow in their shame for a bit, let's do some more magics. 'Fireforward wall iron'. The intent however is for a 'wall' with a very short width and height, and instead a large length (aka a small but extremely thick wall). I wanna shoot this 'wall' at the head as hard as possible. If it doesn't shatter the head, hopefully it will at least shoot it away like a snooker cue hitting a ball.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
[10][3v3]
I'm gonna assume you stick your hand out the window when you do this so as not to summon a giant I-beam and promptly fire it directly into the wall in front of you.

You stick your hand out the window and invoke your magic. A square rod, something like a 3x3 foot square thats 20 feet long, comes into existence as though it were melting and evaporating in reverse; solidifying out of a haze of white hot particles and cooling near instantly. The rod hovers in place for a moment before rocketing off towards the head. Despite being entirely magical and not touching you, you get something akin to recoil which throws you 10 feet onto your ass.

The rod strikes the head, not perfectly but still solidly, and puts a huge crack down its center while also forcing it back and to the side. The rod spirals off at frighteningly high speed for something that size and vanishes into the distance.

"Shit! Don't die on me now!"

Estimate the probability that firing this thing will make a hole in the tower from the recoil. If not confident, Throw potency into the structure using [Wall]. Otherwise shoot the shit out of that head, trying not to kill Kay in a glorious explosion.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
[2v1]
Pretty sure its fine for a shot or two.
[5v3]
Well the good news is that you hit the head. And the head is filled with ammo thanks to the Daring deeds of Kay. Unfortunately this, along with the head's weakened state, means you just exploded a massive stone bomb about 10 feet from where Kay is currently laying.  Also near yourself, relatively. Lets roll to see how bad this wonderful event screws you over.

[10v4, 9v4][11v14]

The blast completely destroys the statue head and sprays chunks of stone out in all directions. One bounces and slides across the ground only to land directly on Kay, killing him. Others slam into the wall, killing a gunner, a melee man, and blowing out a huge chunk of the wall directly next to Abu.  the good thing about all this is that it also frags the wagon train pretty damn effectively.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Take potshots at the wagon train, since all of the useful spells I can think of are short ranged.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

If the head still has a bunch of ammo in the hole, try to hit said ammo to blow it up even further.

If it does not, shoot one of the wagons in the train.

Rendered moot.

https://imgur.com/a/VFBNn

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 16, 2018, 03:55:51 pm »

((The Kidnapper Bell tolls for thee, Lost Subject! Off to the Catacombs with ye.

Kay is all-dead, right? Not mostly dead, no kind of magical CPR could resuscitate him? Just to confirm, since there is no skull on the map for him. ))
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:02:29 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 114