Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230311 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1065 on: January 26, 2018, 08:19:55 am »

Follow the leader. Stay out of the path of The Moose of Dreams. I'll call him 'Hank.'

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 26, 2018, 09:51:14 am »

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)

I'm imagining this music in the background, personally.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 26, 2018, 11:55:53 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Corven will go to the top with his daughter, and look for what's attacking.  Does it look flammable?  If nothing is seen, he'll ask what the call was for, and whether fire would be effective against... whatever is attacking.

Back when we agreed to ally with the Dreamers, we offered to support them with volunteers from among the slaves we rescued (who I've been thinking of as NPC RR members).  Are any present?

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 26, 2018, 05:44:01 pm »

Shoot the most vulnerable enemy in front of me.

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 26, 2018, 06:11:28 pm »

Spoiler: Revised Prep Spell (click to show/hide)

Follow behind Thag while glaring menacingly at anyone who looks or stares at the Bossman.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:28:51 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1070 on: January 27, 2018, 11:23:08 am »

Is this better?
Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
Yep, thankie

Well shit, here's my new prep spell then.

Spoiler: Prep Spell (click to show/hide)

[1] Well I'm ok with it, but the dice seem not to like it.

Your head is polymorphed into a luminous wheel. Its literally a hovering , horizontal wagon wheel of light like some sort of weird halo hovering just above your neck stump. You don't die, you don't even lose the ability to see or hear or anything. Its just....really fucking weird.

I think the right side would be good.  Maybe that building there is an office.  I don't think it'll be that significant a decision in any case.

So here is map with you on it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically what you got on this side is a large furnace with several crucibles on tracks that can deliver the molten metal to these different things. There seems to be a large open one, one with molds for beams, and two smaller ones that look to be made for custom pours but are empty now. There's also a rack there with several large metal beams sitting in it and a bunch of workers and some pretty heavily armed guards. Apparently the merchants are getting pissed off about gangs coming in to steal their shit.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 01:55:27 pm by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1071 on: January 27, 2018, 12:29:56 pm »

"Sounds like I need to talk with the captain. Kay,, come with me. And take this."

Hand Kay the Stake Driver, go to see the cap'n.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
You give Kay the...its not really a stake driver, more like a knife on a jackhammer on a stick.
How many rounds did I get for my summoned weapon? Rolled 5 POT for the record.

Move into position up on the wall, preferably a good vantage point with decent visibility but somewhat out of easy reach (aka some cover) Or at least a nearby escape route.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
A full magazine (yes, it uses a magazine, its fancy) which is 5 rounds.

You head up to the third story and take up position at one of the barred windows there.

Ravens' Remorse

Kay looked with awe at the summoned relic offered to him, and knelt as he accepted it.

"Thank you, lady Feathra!"

"I dub thee Lanzerammer. Serve me well."
For a long moment Kay gazes at the long clockwork lance in his hands with deep intent, then casually switches it atilt as he is summoned to follow.

Follow Raven as she goes to see the captain. Mind the doorways and low ceilings.

(Question: how big is the metal bird statue? Could it theoretically carry me into air? Or rather, how far is it from theoretically becoming an aerial mount, magical effort-wise? E.g. halfway there, or better start from scratch?)

Its about a 3 foot wingspan. It cannot carry you.  Well, maybe metaphorically but not literally.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Corven will go to the top with his daughter, and look for what's attacking.  Does it look flammable?  If nothing is seen, he'll ask what the call was for, and whether fire would be effective against... whatever is attacking.

Back when we agreed to ally with the Dreamers, we offered to support them with volunteers from among the slaves we rescued (who I've been thinking of as NPC RR members).  Are any present?

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

There are a few former slaves here. They aren't as well equipped as you guys with your recoilless rifles and such, but they have scrap armor and guns and or flaming arrows.

Alright, most of you go straight up to the boss and to keep things short and sweet, he tells you that the shit coming can be basically any object come alive, but the majority of them will be made of wood with some metal. Solid metal objects bigger than your arm are rare, as are cloth and other materials.  He says fire would be the best thing to use here and that these objects usually will not stop unless sufficiently smashed or broken. Ya need to break it good.  He says that the battle plan is as it always has been: Stay here in the armored and reinforced gate and fend off the attack.  Focus on anything that can damage the wall or slip inside first, then shift to things that are less dangerous. A living table is nowhere near as dangerous as a living windmill. 

He tells you to post up where you want, but that melee focused people should head to the barriers outside and ranged should either take a window or the roof.

Here full map
https://imgur.com/a/n9brX

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 27, 2018, 01:43:59 pm »

"Alright. I'm not much of a fighter, but I've done something to my eyes, now they- uh. Hmm. I can heal people with magic right now, so send any wounded my way. And I've got some powerful words burning a hole in my skull, so let me know when the big thing is coming so I can fuck it up."

Just hang out on the top, for now. Could I make the whole wall stronger by enchanting it with Wall?

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1073 on: January 27, 2018, 01:48:45 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Move to the east of the bartender. Shoot people to the east.

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
[5v3]
You pop a man nearby in the gut and he falls to the ground, screaming

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Loot somebody for a gun and ammo, then charge at the guys in the room closest to the exit and slice em up! Yaarr!

((As a melee character, I am quickly realizing my vulnerability in this situation. Huh.))
(Gotta learn that anime bullet slicing thing ASAP)

You run, grab a sawnoff shotgun from a body near you and charge towards the...I'm gonna assume you mean the dance floor? Because the real room closest to the door is a shop that has no enemies.

[8v4]
You run straight into the room and do a spinning cut as you do, hacking through some gangster's chest before they can react.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)

I'm imagining this music in the background, personally.
You fire several shots at the large group of gangsters to the east.
[7 v 1,2,5]
Two you hit in the head, the third you catch in the shoulder as they dive behind cover.

Shoot the most vulnerable enemy in front of me.

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)
[10 v 1]
You fire at a man still moving to cover and blow his head into dozens of bloody chunks.

Two men behind tables fire at dropshot
[1v3][3v5]
The shots punch through his table at very inopportune places. One catches him in the ribs, the other in the right leg. Both are significantly slowed and less deadly because of the table, but they're still high speed lead and splinters being jammed into soft human flesh. (Move speed halved due to leg shot)

Two men in the east section fire at Cyril and one fires at Vencarlo
[5v5][7v2][3v2]
Cyril gets clipped in the right arm but is mostly unharmed. The shot at Vencarlo parts his hair but doesn't actually hit him.

Poppa in the dance room finds himself on the receiving end of 3 angry people. And his Awareness is not good.
[3v3] [4v3] [1v6][2]

Manages to dodge 2 out of three bullets coming at him but that last one...boy that last one. Catches him square in the head and his armor doesn't do crap to stop it. And when I say square in the head I mean square in the place where his head used to be and now there is nothing but a neck and part of a lower jaw, and a waggling tongue.

You guys better elect a new gang leader.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 27, 2018, 02:38:23 pm »

Ask one of the workers where the boss is.  Motion to the gang to spread out.  Keep my weapons holstered, and if anyone asks say we're happy to handle this like the Last Word, and merely provide additional protection instead of stealing all their stuff.  Or casting one spell and blowing everything here up like the Bioconstructors.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 02:46:32 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 27, 2018, 05:08:30 pm »

Agree with everything the boss says and try to look as intimidating as possible. Examine my greatbow. How many arrows do I have for it? What are the greatbow and arrows made of?
Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 27, 2018, 07:10:53 pm »

Follow behind Thag for the additional intimidation factor.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 02:20:52 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 28, 2018, 10:38:08 am »

Come get some!

Shoot baddies if any show themselves. If none show themselves,

There are a few former slaves here. They aren't as well equipped as you guys with your recoilless rifles and such, but they have scrap armor and guns and or flaming arrows.

Then instead use 'many' on my recoiless rifle (with full mag included, if possible) to make copies of it to hand out to other people, be it teammates or npc allies. Let's rain down some serious firepower.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 28, 2018, 01:29:19 pm »

Rancid Reclaimers

Go down to the barriers outside and join the melee people there.

Enchant with [Many] the gunbird metal statue to make more of them; tie the resulting mechanical gunbirds to the barriers (they're quite heavy and immobile, from what I've seen?) and generally prepare them for the fight (wind them up, setup correct IFF signatures/friendlies recognition to include the allies and gang members, check that the leash length is optimal, etc.).

(( Since we are not currently in combat, and generally awaiting a timeskip to the combat start, I take that we are not limited by turn action limits right now? Please don't hit me))

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 28, 2018, 03:09:56 pm »

((Sorry for not posting sooner. In between exams and a particularely stubborn throat infection I haven't really felt like posting much.))

If I can retroactively cast a preparation spell, cast "largefirearm" on my rifle. Take up position near one of the windows or one the roof, wherever I can find a free spot.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 114