Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230476 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #840 on: December 20, 2017, 06:01:58 pm »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Enchant the ground behind our wall with "LargeFirearm", intending to create a mortar emplacement that can be indirectly fired at our enemies down the hill.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 20, 2017, 06:32:31 pm »

Shoot again at one of the goatmen.  Hopefully the giant alienesque monster cat can be freed before the tentacle beast needs killing.  Move NE again, closer to the group, but stay away from the edge.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 22, 2017, 11:37:03 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Fedora Squad (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 23, 2017, 08:49:03 pm »

Provide overwatch from our nice wall. Shoot any bozo that shows a body part, bozo being someone not of our little bird clique. If Abu does his improvised mortar thing, make sure to stay out of the backblast and duck completely behind the wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #844 on: December 25, 2017, 09:09:37 pm »

Merry Christmas, Wizardly murderers!

(sorry about lack of posts, Lack of mapping makes doing this harder)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #845 on: December 28, 2017, 09:00:09 am »

Post coming tomorrow, as soon as I get home.  Sorry about this week of no posts.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 28, 2017, 10:42:30 am »

It's the holidays, no need to apologize. besides, what was that you said just a minute ago?
Merry Christmas, Wizardly murderers!

(sorry about lack of posts, Lots of napping makes doing this harder)
Totally understandable. Get a little full, lay on the couch for "just a minute," or lean back in the recliner when sportsball is on and "just rest my eyes."
Pretty normal. And then, it's hard to update when you've got sand in yor eyes and your head is buzzing after the little seista, too, and then before you know it, dinner is ready ....

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 28, 2017, 10:54:04 am »

Don't worry about it, wizardly murder is like eating your favorite dessert: the longer you have to wait for it, the sweeter it is when it arrives (but instead of destroying your teeth it rots your eternal soul).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 28, 2017, 04:06:29 pm »

Wait, your soul is eternal? Man, I got jipped.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #849 on: December 30, 2017, 12:18:21 pm »

Get behind the wall.
Enchant Sarge's rifle with [LargeFirearm], intent is to not make it larger than "small arms", and rapid-fire if possible.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
Huh...seems like you're making a U turn and not creating that wall?  Well, ok.
[9][4]
You touch Sarge's rifle and the while it doesn't change in size the mechanism changes radically. The rear of the rifle blooms into a half dozen different mechanisms, each with its own magazine feeding into a central barrel. You can't even imagine how this fucking clockwork nightmare works, but it seems like it would spray an ungodly amount of lead in a very short period of time.

God help you if it ever jams.

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

Alright, I might need a bit of healing magic afterwards, especially thanks to the fumes, but for now I'm fine.

Head to the nearest area edge. Stay vigilant and protect Raven, just in case.

Area edge? As in edge down to the next level or just the edge? I'll go with just the edge.

You keep focused on the slope down.

[4v4]
Your eyes water and your throat grows itchy but you manage to keep focused.

Back into cover I go. Shoot any of those dumplings that dare come at us, preferably the largest group available (aim toward the ground a bit so that even if I don't get a direct hit the splash damage still gets them).

If none show their soon to be exploded face, then consider if I could aim upwards and use the recoiless rifle as an improvised mortar.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
[1v4]
You take cover behind the wall and point the recoil-less rifle at the slope. You consider using your recoil-less rifle as a mortar....Yeah that could probably work.

Provide overwatch from our nice wall. Shoot any bozo that shows a body part, bozo being someone not of our little bird clique. If Abu does his improvised mortar thing, make sure to stay out of the backblast and duck completely behind the wall.

Standing around waiting to shoot intensifies for the 3rd time.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Enchant the ground behind our wall with "LargeFirearm", intending to create a mortar emplacement that can be indirectly fired at our enemies down the hill.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

[6][1]
You summon up a mortar made of what looks like dried mud.

[6v4]
[6v3]
[5v6][6]
As everyone hides behind the wall, waiting for targets to poke their heads up like clay pigeons on a firing line, the workers down below are apparently up to something. And a few moments later three boulders fly up from somewhere down the slope and fall in a shallow arc towards the group. Two miss, embedding themselves in the wet muck near the wall with great gooey splats. The third lands on Murphy, who doesn't get out of the way in time. It lands mostly on his legs, breaking both of them and dragging him up down, up to his neck in the mud.

He isn't dead but...this isn't a very ergonomic situation.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 30, 2017, 12:28:59 pm »

((The turn says Sarge got hit, but the map shows Abu getting hit. Gonna send a pm to pw to check.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #851 on: December 30, 2017, 01:40:35 pm »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Cast Steel Chain, that's a classic. Materialize from the south.

Spoiler: Plotting! (click to show/hide)
[4]
You summon a 4 foot length of heavy steel chain and then walk up to the Brewery's front double doors. The place is pretty big and made of Birch Logs in a way that remembers a giant white log cabin. There's only one window on this floor that you can see, and its a relatively small square thing.

Cosa Nostra

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Fedora Squad (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
You wander straight into the brewery. The place is clearly designed to look like a hunting lodge, complete with heads on the wall, but has been refitted into some kind of den of debauchery. Much of the rustic charm is still in place, with the fireplace, the mahogany chairs, bar and tables, the rough wood stage and the floors of smoothed stone, but a layer of mindless abandon has been slathered on. Erratic splashes of brightly colored paints- blues, greens and pinks- dot the walls, floor and ceiling and the patrons are mostly members of an equally vibrantly colored street gang. Young toughs in leather with iron plates and spikes, interwoven with silk in bright pastel tones. There are more men than women, but not by much, and they're all equally armed. They sit at their tables, drinking and talking, while others make out. Mindless teens high on power and hormones writhe in a room opposite the bar, dancing to the piping chaotic music coming from the stage.  A couple is having sex in the back corner of the room while several others watch in a sort of dazed reverie. 

The bar tender is an young man with one arm and a machete strapped to his leg. He doesn't ask what you want.

((The turn says Sarge got hit, but the map shows Abu getting hit. Gonna send a pm to pw to check.))
Sarge. Moved it on the map.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #852 on: December 30, 2017, 02:24:18 pm »

Shadow Alliance

"I would stay away from the pit. Seriously."

Are there any ranged weapons nearby? If not, just grab a bunch of rocks and then jump up onto my cat. After the flames stop. Continue directing it towards enemies.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
Uh, no there are no ranged weapons around. Nor rocks. Just lots of flesh. So you walk over and tear out a few handfuls of meat. Its difficult but you manage it after some effort.

Your fire aura spell still has one turn left so we'll wait for that whole "Jump on it" part. Save your skin and flesh and bones and life.

Flanking operations! Me on one side, Death of a Salesman on the other. We'll rush the guy together. If the guy looks at me, Death takes him from behind while i do distracting maneuvers. If he looks toward Death of a Salesman, I'll attempt to latch onto him and restrain him so Death of a Salesman can have a better attack. If he runs instead, I'll shoot him, and still send Death of a Salesman after him.

"We aren't buying!"

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
(Gas mask? Are you sure you're not confusing your stuff with Sy's gang?)
Yeah, he's already running at full sprint away from you so shooting seems like the best option. You send DOAS after him, hunting hound style, while you shoulder your rifle.
[6v6]
The shot grazes the running man but doesn't seem to slow him down at all.  DOAS gives chase but the man manages to keep just ahead of the cat.

Shoot again at one of the goatmen.  Hopefully the giant alienesque monster cat can be freed before the tentacle beast needs killing.  Move NE again, closer to the group, but stay away from the edge.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
[4v1][6]
You take a shot at the goat man standing on the edge of the rib to the north. Its hard to tell what happened from this distance, but you're pretty sure you hit it. It jerks and then takes a step to the side, falling into the pit below.

You move toward the North east as far as you can in one turn but you're not really catching up with those runners.

[9v6][3]
Big Kitty surges forward and catches the goatman's head in his mouth. Whether he kills it via decapitation or crushing its skull is hard to tell, but its headless, flaming body goes cartwheeling off into the pit a few seconds later.

The tentacles grab two more of the horned men and bring them down somewhere deeper into the pit. Only one horned man is left, waiting to be taken down.

The fire aura on the Big Kitty fades away in a puff of smoke.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 30, 2017, 02:38:11 pm »

"I don't think they much like us rocking the boat, Sarge."

Run over to Sarge and get that boulder off of him by launching it back at those mofos with [FireForward] in an arc. Try to hit whoever it was that shot it.

Then, if someone else (coughEGANcough) heals him, use recoilless rifle as a mortar and shoot them. Unless they come charging up the hill, then shoot at them directly.

If nobody else tries to heal Sarge though, then just heal him myself.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:42:26 pm by Radio Controlled »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 30, 2017, 04:44:02 pm »

Recall DOAS and return to our glorious leader and his giant deathcat. may as well regroup while waiting for the fire to rain down into the pit.

(Gas mask? Are you sure you're not confusing your stuff with Sy's gang?)
Beats me. Been a while. I thought you said something about one a while ago. I'll strike it out though, because i have no idea where it came from.

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 114