Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230468 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #825 on: December 18, 2017, 08:40:44 pm »

Roncal Roth Numbered Map Link, Legend

Just gonna hop into cover and overwatch while Raven fixes Kay.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #826 on: December 18, 2017, 08:53:32 pm »

"Kay, are you okay?"

Repair Kay's mask if it seems damaged.
Does Abu's wall have a good overview of the area? If not go to the edge of this level and enchant the ground with [Wall]. Aiming for the extra potency to make it a stronger wall, not a bigger one.
Either way get behind cover.

As these people seem to be mages, try to sense for magical traps or fortifications, if that's a thing a mage can do.
Actually, on that topic is it possible to set up a permanent magical trap at a place we control?

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
Kay's mask is not damaged, it is literally gone, dissolved by acid.  You can't really repair that which is utterly destroyed, even with magic. It's how I'm gonna kill you, one of these days.

Well, you can't reach the edge in one turn so I'm gonna have you move in that direction.

You could put permanent traps or things on your controlled areas, but each one would reduce the number of words you get from that area by 1.
This is why we can't have Nice things.  As per looking for magic traps or fortifications, that would be an awareness roll related to something specific.

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

Yeah, I'm mostly okay, ...I think. Let the adrenaline subside. Did we get him?

Assess own health.

((@Piecewise How badly did the acid burn me, in the end? Any lasting effects? ))
Your skin is red, you have no hair or eyebrows, and your lips are bleeding a bit, but otherwise you're ok. Don't worry, if you get actually injured, I'll tell you.

"Scratch one communist sympathizer."

Try to get a better angle to the nearest group/batch of enemies (perhaps if I go further down south along the cover? Or perhaps if I stand on top of the cover it'll let me peek into the area below?), and fire again. If no angle can be gotten, then instead provide overwatch fire for birdgirl (using regular rifle if appropriate).

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
You jump up on the wall and walk as far south as possible. Sadly, even from here, you can't see much of the area below due to the steep drop off. But judging from what you can Hear, there are a lot of them down there talking in panicked but increasingly angry voices.

"Nice shot, private. You're getting better at this with every pinko bastard we rid the world of."

Provide overwatch. Shoot any enemy that pops into view with my rifle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Roncal Roth Numbered Map Link, Legend

Just gonna hop into cover and overwatch while Raven fixes Kay.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

You guys sit around playing overwatch.

You can all hear shouting from down below.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:42:57 pm by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #827 on: December 18, 2017, 09:24:51 pm »

Cast Aura, Fire on the next person who gets picked up by the giant tentacle beast.  Try to get a look down in the pit at it as well.  The intent is agressive; I want the fire to burn the guy, the tentacle beast, the ground around him, etcetera.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
[2][2]
You wait for the next man to be picked up and then cast your spell on him, willing for him to be immolated. The spell that forms isn't a strong one, it doesn't completely engulf him, rather it sort of forms a dozen or so flames across his body. He still screams in surprise and tries to pat the flames out. The Tentacle jerks when the fire starts but continues to lower the man, albeit far quicker.

Walk south toward the one guy on the east side of the pit. avoid any tentacles that come out of the pit (or from anywhere else). If I manage to catch the guy, sic kitty (hereby named "Death of a Salesman) on him.

"Kitty, I can't keep calling you kitty. I hereby name you Death of a Salesman. A lovely name for a kitty."

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
You spring as hard as you can and just barely catch up with the guy. You can't manage to do anything to him, but you toss Death of a Salesman at him.
[4v8]
The horned man moves in an oddly nimble way, pirouetting to the side and escaping the cat's leap.

Shadow Alliance

"This could go really badly."

Cast (Rain, Amber, Delay, Shockwave, Lead) intent being to limit it to raining down into the pit.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
[6]
You point your finger into the air above the pit and cast your spell. A cloud of shimmering yellowish haze materializes above the pit and begins raining down fist sized chunks of amber. Several dozen fall into the pit before the cloud dissipates.

[Tick 1]

[2v5]
Whether by luck or skill the Cat's leap at the next goatman  sails wide as the goat jerks to the ground and skitters backwards.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 18, 2017, 09:32:33 pm »

Get behind the wall.
Enchant Sarge's rifle with [LargeFirearm], intent is to not make it larger than "small arms", and rapid-fire if possible.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 04:22:03 pm by Egan_BW »

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 18, 2017, 09:58:47 pm »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Cast Steel Chain, that's a classic. Materialize from the south.

Spoiler: Plotting! (click to show/hide)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 18, 2017, 11:03:02 pm »

Shadow Alliance

"I would stay away from the pit. Seriously."

Are there any ranged weapons nearby? If not, just grab a bunch of rocks and then jump up onto my cat. After the flames stop. Continue directing it towards enemies.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 18, 2017, 11:41:08 pm »

((No look in the pit?))

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 19, 2017, 12:06:44 am »

((No look in the pit?))
((Do you want a face-full of lead?))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 19, 2017, 06:23:33 am »

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

Alright, I might need a bit of healing magic afterwards, especially thanks to the fumes, but for now I'm fine.

Head to the nearest area edge. Stay vigilant and protect Raven, just in case.

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 19, 2017, 07:14:22 am »

Back into cover I go. Shoot any of those dumplings that dare come at us, preferably the largest group available (aim toward the ground a bit so that even if I don't get a direct hit the splash damage still gets them).

If none show their soon to be exploded face, then consider if I could aim upwards and use the recoiless rifle as an improvised mortar.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #835 on: December 19, 2017, 07:47:52 am »

Flanking operations! Me on one side, Death of a Salesman on the other. We'll rush the guy together. If the guy looks at me, Death takes him from behind while i do distracting maneuvers. If he looks toward Death of a Salesman, I'll attempt to latch onto him and restrain him so Death of a Salesman can have a better attack. If he runs instead, I'll shoot him, and still send Death of a Salesman after him.

"We aren't buying!"

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #836 on: December 19, 2017, 09:24:21 am »

I'm going out of town on....the 20th. I'll be out for about...10 days or so. I don't know if I'll be able to post or when I'll be able to post. I'll try to hit you guys with turns when I can, but I'm just letting you guys know that it might be a while.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 19, 2017, 09:53:17 am »

(( No problems, take your time. And just in case, in advance: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #838 on: December 19, 2017, 01:30:50 pm »

((Take your time. We can wait.))

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 19, 2017, 06:57:39 pm »

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 114