Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230774 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #435 on: October 29, 2017, 12:31:19 pm »

our gang does not have fire forward as a word. Nor do we have multiple instances of any word.
Oh, I didn't know you needed multiple instances in the gang list to have them, as for the other thing, well I guess that serves me for looking at the labeled list on page 2.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 29, 2017, 12:48:57 pm »

yep, that list was changed before the mission started. I pm'd you a proper list.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #437 on: October 29, 2017, 01:15:02 pm »

Good question~
You son of a...

Well fine, be that way: I cast/enchant Largefirearm on one of my rifles. Be sure that said rifle is loaded with bullets (say, 6) so that hopefully the ammo will transform to match.

Also graciously accept people's ammo and weapons they're offering. Cause you can never have enough firepower. Pew pew.

"Look Sarge, they got us new uniforms and everything. What'dda ya think 'bout them?"

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

[6]
Your rifle expands in size to a stupid degree. It remains a rifle in general shape but the barrel is about 2 or 3 inches thick with a bullet the size of a billiard ball and a casing the size of a soft drink can. The entire apparatus weighs in excess of 100lbs, though much of it seems balanced back towards the stock to make hefting it slightly easier. This seems the sort of gun that would destroy men and dislocate shoulders.

"Look Sarge, they got us new uniforms and everything. What'dda ya think 'bout them?"

Sarge grumbles, picking at the new uniform he's wearing

"I look like some deranged Kentucky chicken farmer. The added protection is neat, but I really would have rather just put it on our g.i. uniforms instead of...whatever this is supposed to be.

Do me a favor and give me one of those knives. I'll let you have this spare rifle I picked up in return for your little armoury."

Take knife and new uniform from armoury, give one of the looted rifles in return.

Try to take one bullet from the ones in my inventory and cast/enchant "many" on it, in an attempt to make more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[4]
You summon up enough extra bullets to have 50 in total.

You guys have Many right? I forget.

((Yep, that icon will work fine. By the way, was my Dexterity leveled up or not?))

Taking (Binding, When Unable to Act) from the words list. Prep Spell: Mark Whole Body, Binding, Darkness

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
[6] You place a mark on your entire body [Pot +3]

Spoiler: Jake Alpine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Prep Spell (click to show/hide)

I changed the Prep Spell
[1]
Well...some sort of spell settles over you.

If I remember right we have

Bird Squad: Egan, Pancaek, RC, Nik have done their spells and are ready, SY is absent

Shadow dudes: Dev, Oz, Rau, and Papaj have spells ready, still waiting on Failbird.

Both maps are ready.  Birdsquad will be attempting to take the Dreamer's Gate by any means necessary.  Shadow dudes, you want to form an alliance with the THE LAST WORD. Not Conqueror them, not burn the place down. Form  an alliance.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 29, 2017, 01:51:43 pm »

((Yep, that icon will work fine. By the way, was my Dexterity leveled up or not?))

Taking (Binding, When Unable to Act) from the words list. Prep Spell: Mark Whole Body, Binding, Darkness

You don't need to ask me if you can level your Dex. If you complete a mission you can just level it.
[4] Spell was successful, Pot+2

Neat! Free spell upgrade. Good work, Rauth :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #439 on: October 29, 2017, 02:08:19 pm »

You don't need to ask me if you can level your Dex. If you complete a mission you can just level it.
[4] Spell was successful, Pot+2

Neat! Free spell upgrade. Good work, Rauth :P
See, this is why I hate bay20 not allowing you to look back over more than 20 posts when making a post of your own. Means I have to start digging through crap and often make mistakes.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 29, 2017, 02:10:32 pm »

well, my word list is fixed. No prep spell for this mission.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 29, 2017, 02:18:21 pm »

See, this is why I hate bay20 not allowing you to look back over more than 20 posts when making a post of your own. Means I have to start digging through crap and often make mistakes.
I have two methods of dealing with that. Both are partially successful.
1) I'll open each page of replies in a separate tab, and will quote any replies further back than the 20 y umentioned in their own tabs, then copypaste into the main reply after I've gotten all the replies together. downside is it's a bit messy.

2) in Grunts, I asked each squad to collect the actions of the whole squad, basically daisy chaining quotes. I'd then remove all the quote tags so as not to have a massive pyramid. This worked okay because each squad was 4-5 players. Downside is not everyone helped, so I'd still have to fall back on method one. But this methoid helped a lot, and with this player base, should be pretty effective. Not much different than your request for a player from each team to collect PMs to send you.

well, my word list is fixed. No prep spell for this mission.
please remember to bold your actions

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 29, 2017, 02:18:51 pm »

Taking fist aura from the word list, gonna see if I can send people flying by punching them with a fire forward aura(not as prep because I don't want to risk wasting it at the start)

You still have to roll for it during the mission when you cast it, it might be better to do that now.
You should be able to do that with (Fist Aura, When Inflicting Damage, Shockwave)
Not that I think we need it right now.

Also, important questions for piecewise:
Do the words we take from the headquarters list persist after the encounter is over if we don't use them? And can we swap those words around during or after encounters?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 29, 2017, 02:22:13 pm »

You should be able to do that with (Fist Aura, When Inflicting Damage, Shockwave)
Not that I think we need it right now.
last time shockwave was used for that exact purpose it did nothing, I think it needs a material or effect for the shockwave to apply, also that seems to have a VERY high risk of getting ruined by the wrong order.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:56:16 pm by Failbird105 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 29, 2017, 02:48:58 pm »

[6]
Your rifle expands in size to a stupid degree. It remains a rifle in general shape but the barrel is about 2 or 3 inches thick with a bullet the size of a billiard ball and a casing the size of a soft drink can. The entire apparatus weighs in excess of 100lbs, though much of it seems balanced back towards the stock to make hefting it slightly easier. This seems the sort of gun that would destroy men and dislocate shoulders.
destroy men and dislocate shoulders

Abu Hajaar immediately buckles under the weight of the titanic weapon he just activated. Abu Hajaar liked guns, adored them like a lover on a sweet summer's eve, but this girth was just too much for him to handle.

"Saaaarge...

Do you wanna, uh, use this monster gun maybe? I'll take some of the ammo you just activated and you can have this one and its ammo."

Mission starto! Spawn and take a look at what we're dealing with here. What's our objective exactly, just 'murder everything' again?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:07:31 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 29, 2017, 02:52:20 pm »

Not taking any HQ words or making a prep spell.
Spoiler: John Smith (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #446 on: October 29, 2017, 02:54:06 pm »

[6]
destroy men and dislocate shoulders

Abu Hajaar immediately buckles under the weight of the titanic weapon he just activated. Abu Hajaar liked guns, adored them like a lover on a sweet summer's eve, but this girth was just too much for him to handle.

"Saaaarge...

Do you wanna, uh, use this monster gun maybe? I'll take some of the ammo you just activated and you can have this one and its ammo."

Mission starto! Spawn and take a look at what we're dealing with here. What's our objective exactly, just 'murder everything' again?

Your mission is to take control of the gate. Whatever means you want to use. Just keep in mind that if you toast the gate it might have some bad consequences for the city.

Someone should slap Sy.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 29, 2017, 06:11:33 pm »

Trying out his spiffy new R-Raveny uniform, Kay practically pranced around the makeshift mirror looking at himself.

Wow, shiny! Also, look how snugly it fits without being restrictive - superb tailoring! Great!

Need help with that monster of a gun, friend? Or you, lady?

((We heavy weapons squad now  xD ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 29, 2017, 06:25:57 pm »

"Saaaarge...

"Don't whine like a whipped dog, marine, it's unbecoming of you. But yeah, I'll trade you 30 of those bullets for that monster. Jesus tapdancing christ, rifleman, try to make sure you have tank before making a tank sized gun next time."

Wow, shiny! Also, look how snugly it fits without being restrictive - superb tailoring! Great!

Need help with that monster of a gun, friend? Or you, lady?

Sarge narrows his eyes at Kay

"Who're you calling a lady, eyeballs?"

QUESTION PW: for a big gun like the one Abu just enchanted, what stat helps with the recoil, since you mentioned dislocated shoulders? I would assume high strength to keep it in check, but I could be wrong.

Exchange 30 of my summoned bullets for Abu's cannon+ammo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 29, 2017, 06:50:30 pm »

Sarge narrows his eyes at Kay

"Who're you calling a lady, eyeballs?"

Our chief and commander, her Ravenness lady Feathra, of course, Sergeant Gardener. I understand your confusion and rightful anger in this context, but rest assured: regardless of what I might think of your chosen profession, I would never act so low as to "mistake" your masculinity. That would just be dishonorable. As Men, keeping one's honor is paramount - as is respecting another's.

The rifle becomes a cannon. Not a metaphorical cannon, a literal cannon.  The internal diameter of the barrel becomes about the size of your fist and the barrel expands to 3 or so feet in length. The magazine shifts to the top and transforms into a 5 round box with bullets the size of your forearm. There's a trigger on the top as well and the wood of the stock has expanded into a wheeled cradle to push the gun around on. Its giant, its slow, but it also appears fire bullets bit enough to reduce a man to confetti.

She just might have a bit of trouble pushing that gun carriage around, I suppose.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 114