Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230886 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2017, 07:06:01 pm »

((it really does depend on the value of the knowledge though. "What time is it?" 'oh, that'll cost you a small paper cut.' Okay, what are the locations, armament, and schedules of the gangs in the nearest eight map squares on the city map?" 'that costs extra.' "Pass me some words, yo!" "gimme an arm."))
I wasn't protesting that the cost would vary, I just didn't want piecewise to at least give me some frame of reference as to what the costs would be like (kind of like the one that you just gave, but a bit more detailed (more entries, the "extra" for the gang schedule thing being defined, etc.).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2017, 04:24:26 am »

"Follow the sound of my voice!  The cloud'll keep their irons off ya, letcha get close and rip 'em from their grubby bastard 'ands!  We're gonna kill 'em all!"

Keep shouting and encouraging the slaves, while continuing to charge forwards towards Raven.  Corven will drag her inside the tower if he gets to her, where hopefully nobody can shoot at her for long enough to give a stern talk about listening.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #257 on: October 08, 2017, 09:29:02 am »

Sounds like trouble upstairs.

I see some dangerously unlooted boxes and crates and stuff on the map, around the ladder. Let's remedy that situation.
If those turn out to be nothing, climb the ladder until y head is just below the next level. peek slowly up to see if the darkness starts at floor level, or if there is a gap below the darkness.

((I mean, really, there aren't many routes i can take: I can leave the area through either set of doors, and thereby leave the encounter, I can chill out down on floor one, or I can head into darkness.))

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
You check the two chests directly next to you. One is open and contains various objects; mostly a fairly large amount of copper coins, a few silver and even fewer gold. In addition there are objects made of silver or copper, a few pieces of gold jewelery, knives, bullets, and various other things of value that were probably traded as the toll to get through this gate.  The other chest is locked shut with a big iron padlock.

Alright. Amber / Delay / Aura / Distortion Dust. Then throw whatever appears towards where the voice was.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
Throw huh? Ok.
[6][2v6]
You summon up a lump of amber  about the size of a brick. You scoop it off the ground and hurl it in roughly the direction of the voice. It flies into the darkness and you hear it bounce and roll before hitting a wall. A moment later there's a strange sound, a deep tone that vibrates your eardrums in a rather unplesant way.

The scuffle in the darkness continues and you hear, once again, the blade ring home and your tiger roar in pain.  Feet scramble around in there and someone screams, the scream dropping sharply as someone apparently falls down the hole with the ladder.  You hear them fall down to probably the second level and then land on the wooden platform down there. They swear loudly, so they clearly survived.  The man on the other side of the darkness seems to be moving round counter clockwise.

A series of holes, each only a few inches across, appear in the bottom of the wooden platform as acid burns its way through. They fall straight down onto the second story catwalk and begin burning through that as well.

https://imgur.com/a/aOTum

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #258 on: October 08, 2017, 09:44:25 am »

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

"What sorts of knowledge? How much flesh do you require in exchange for knowledge (please don't just give a cop-out answer like "it varies depending on the value of the knowledge")?"

"Can I put this offer on-hold for later? It might take me a while to acquire a stable source of sacrifices, and I was kind of hoping to turn the house above this basement into a headquarters for a gang. You wouldn't mind that, would you?"

If the answer to that last question is "no, I would not mind" (or something similar), end the mission as a success- but not before I exit the building, cast a spell with all of my spell cards in it, apply a -10 penalty to the POT of my own spell, and hope that one of the spell cards in the spell becomes the "Permanent" spell card.

P.S. I'm starting to feel like I'm the last remaining active member in my gang. Should I merge my gang with someone else's gang or something?

Ok basically he'll trade you one living teammate for 1 level 5 word. Not permanent, just 1 word.

And you have to choose now, because he vanishes after this, regardless of if you use his service.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #259 on: October 08, 2017, 11:50:47 am »

Move over to the last guard's body and loot it. Then, run over to the nearest slaves (the ones above us on the map, in the building) and try to convince them to take up arms against their masters (in the typical Abu way, of course). If they agree to fight, give them my spare weapons and instruct them to also start convincing their fellow slaves.

Of course, should at any point the red threat a guard come into view, shoot him then get into cover.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
I'm gonna let you get over and loot the guard but even that is actually letting you move further than you should be able to. The You get a curving knife, another rifle and a magazine with 4 shots in it.

Awesome! I'll call you... Chain'Gram!

Continue running around the warehouse building.

You make it almost all the way around but not quite.

Swipe the guard's gun, and load it with his remains. Metal. Pry that metal bird off of the slave, by flicking the deactivation switch it totally has. Throw another bird at that other guard.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
You take the gun and load it with 6 rounds, the maximum the gun will hold. From there you run over to the downed slave and remove the bird from them. Thats all you can manage in this turn.

Load another round in, just stating this so I don't end up in a fight with an empty mag.

Move to the right and up into the building where Abu is heading through the south entrance, the one just above the train cart. Then get into cover in a spot where I can see the west entrance and take aim. Any guard who tries to cross it gets to eat lead.  I don't know what shape these containers have, but if I can see and take a shot at the guy I shot in the face last turn, yell at him to surrender. If he doesn't,
 finish him off.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You make it up next to Abu but there are no guards you can see around here.

"Follow the sound of my voice!  The cloud'll keep their irons off ya, letcha get close and rip 'em from their grubby bastard 'ands!  We're gonna kill 'em all!"

Keep shouting and encouraging the slaves, while continuing to charge forwards towards Raven.  Corven will drag her inside the tower if he gets to her, where hopefully nobody can shoot at her for long enough to give a stern talk about listening.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)
You make it out of the cloud just barely only to find that Raven has run another very long distance away from you. Your slave friends stay in the cloud, in cover, as you told them to.

"Son of a...she's just like her mother."

Raven has unfortunately run straight out of cover and is in the sights of several overseers, her legs covered in blood and a rifle in her hands. They don't hestitate this time.

[1v6][3]

A shot catches her straight through her throat and she goes stiff for an instant before dropping to the ground.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 08, 2017, 12:06:01 pm »

By "not permanent", do you mean that I can't select Permanent as a word, or that I will only receive one copy (that won't replenish) of the word that I choose?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 08, 2017, 01:17:38 pm »

I'm gonna let you get over and loot the guard but even that is actually letting you move further than you should be able to. The You get a curving knife, another rifle and a magazine with 4 shots in it.
((Thanks. I knew I wouldn't be able to do all that in one turn, but since movement is rolled for I deliberately gave more movement orders than I could do in a turn so that I wouldn't be 'losing movement' in case I rolled really well (though whether that's worth it with 4 speed is debatable). So if I post an action with way more movement than I could do in the future, you don't have to exceed my movement if it's not warranted, just process up to where I can manage.))

Switch to rifle with most ammo left. Then run over to the nearest slaves (the ones above us on the map, in the building) and try to convince them to take up arms against their masters (in the typical Abu way, of course). If they agree to fight, give them my spare weapons and instruct them to also start convincing their fellow slaves.

Of course, should at any point the red threat a guard come into view, shoot him then get into cover.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #262 on: October 08, 2017, 02:09:08 pm »

By "not permanent", do you mean that I can't select Permanent as a word, or that I will only receive one copy (that won't replenish) of the word that I choose?
One copy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 08, 2017, 02:18:31 pm »

Would [Permanent MarkWhatCasterIsHolding Permanant] let you give an object a permanent stored spell which you can use to enchant an unlimited number of objects with permanency?
What happens in general if you use Permanant with a mark? Could you make yourself effectively invulnerable except to heart shots with [Permanent MarkHeart Repair AffectSelf WhenNearDeath]?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #264 on: October 08, 2017, 05:22:53 pm »

Would [Permanent MarkWhatCasterIsHolding Permanant] let you give an object a permanent stored spell which you can use to enchant an unlimited number of objects with permanency?
What happens in general if you use Permanant with a mark? Could you make yourself effectively invulnerable except to heart shots with [Permanent MarkHeart Repair AffectSelf WhenNearDeath]?
I won't say anything for sure, but I can tell you that "Repair self" only really works if you don't instantly die or get vaporized. If someone reduces your head to paste with a shotgun blast the repair MIGHT work if its high potency and you roll well, but otherwise it won't.  If you take a dozen bullets to the chest and gut, you'll survive that, though it might take a turn for you to fully regenerate. And if someone an "outrun" the repair effect, then they can still kill you.

In other words you'll be very tough, but not invulnerable.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 08, 2017, 05:29:49 pm »

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Sacrifice my inactive teammates for 2 Transform Whole Bodies and some Permanents. If I only have 2 inactive teammates, take a Permanent and a Transform Whole Body. If I am only allowed to sacrifice one teammate, sacrifice crazyabe (or some other random inactive teammate if crazyabe becomes active again) and pick up a Permanent.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:21:24 pm by ATHATH »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 08, 2017, 07:05:20 pm »

Quiet, Chain'Gram. We have to be quiet.

Sneak into charge range (i.e. close enough to close in and attack in melee next turn, assuming stationary target and that I don't have enough speed to reach them this turn). Try to hide behind corners (of the warehouse, or those ?crates? to the north) until it is time to attack.

If I can just attack him this turn, do so.

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #267 on: October 08, 2017, 07:22:39 pm »

ATHATH's actions will kill his gang so...either someone needs to accept him into their group or he's gonna be his own gang.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 08, 2017, 07:25:35 pm »

ATHATH's actions will kill his gang so...either someone needs to accept him into their group or he's gonna be his own gang.
HEY ATHATH, wanna come hunt commies with us? The red threat never sleeps!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 08, 2017, 07:26:10 pm »

((Great.))

More first aid on Thag. Then maybe find someplace to hide?

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 114