Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230115 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1321 on: March 29, 2018, 12:19:44 am »

Ey, Piecewise, response.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 29, 2018, 08:02:13 am »

Quote from: anonymous
RR is apparently cheating by doubling up on words from corpses carrying gang words.  I was told that was against the rules when my teammates died.  Can you slap that out of them?

I'm to busy burying bodies right now to look into exactly what this means or whats going on, but ya better either explain or knock it off or I'm gonna have to bury some more bodies.

I assume it is a mistake in record keeping.

The way you copy paste the entire PM but then try to obfuscate the source is precious. As if anyone would be in doubt as to who would send such a message!
You're a doll, pw, but you have the worst infosec.  :P

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 29, 2018, 01:07:07 pm »

I had a short conversation with 'Mr . Anonymous' on the IRC. I'll copy paste the transcript here to bring more clarity about where he's coming from and what the point of contention exactly is.

PW, take a look at this please:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:22:50 pm by Radio Controlled »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 29, 2018, 03:52:53 pm »

Just gonna say that Radio's spoiler there explains all sides quite well, so you really should read it in full.  For the record, while I'll accept whatever ruling you decide upon, I heavily support the ruling that requires fewer special exceptions, and which doesn't require me to redo any bookkeeping.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1325 on: March 31, 2018, 12:08:59 am »

Ok, I think I see the issue here.

The "Only one gang word" thing was me attempting to clarify that there was only one of each default gang word.  Ie pointing out that when you have that initial list of gang words, each one only represents one discrete item that must be shared and can't be distributed around to each person or have multiple "Copies" taken. You can have multiple copies of a gang word in your inventory so long as you get them in legit ways: such as looting them from a body or waiting for them to replenish with copies already in your inventory.

Does that make sense?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 31, 2018, 12:52:09 am »

Ok, I think I see the issue here.

The "Only one gang word" thing was me attempting to clarify that there was only one of each default gang word.  Ie pointing out that when you have that initial list of gang words, each one only represents one discrete item that must be shared and can't be distributed around to each person or have multiple "Copies" taken. You can have multiple copies of a gang word in your inventory so long as you get them in legit ways: such as looting them from a body or waiting for them to replenish with copies already in your inventory.

Does that make sense?

I'm pretty sure both gangs have been taking it as one copy of each gang word per person.  If it's one copy for the whole gang, that changes things for everyone.  I can play that way in the future, but we'll have to reassess all our words with that in mind.  Basically, we're going to lose about two-thirds of our words, because we were taking individual copies of our gang words.  I'm pretty sure the other gang was doing this, but moreso, because they were also stacking these extra copies, wheras we have no duplicates from before this mission.

On the whole I think I would support the rules as you've stated them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 04:24:11 am by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 31, 2018, 03:09:27 am »

First of all, thanks for taking time out of your dragging bodies to the pits of hell to resolve this conundrum.

That said, I agree with Dev that I thought that every gang member gets 1 copy of the entire gang word list. That's how the game's been played up till now at least, so either this is an explicit rules change (which is just fine by me, for the record) or we still have some confusion going on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1328 on: March 31, 2018, 09:05:27 am »

If you guys have been playing with the decks as though everyone had a copy of the starting words, we can continue like that with the understanding that you can't take multiple copies of the gang words unless you get them via legit sources.

Or we can change to make it so that gang words behave like all the other words; discrete items that have to be shared not a pool allotted to each player.  I think that would be best, honestly, because thats what I intended and it means the gang words are treated the same as the others, they aren't a special case.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 31, 2018, 12:15:56 pm »

Okay.  I think I'll handle bookkeeping as if we had one set of gang words to distribute among players right now, as we had a bit over two sets from the casulties and the two missions in quick succession.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 31, 2018, 03:33:07 pm »

I would greatly prefer things not be changed, mostly because that means significantly less bookkeeping for me, but also because it just seems like a better mechanic.  If every person gets a set of the gang words, every person at least has some useful words regardless of what junk hexes spit out, and it also makes a gangs feel more themed.

Though this would require you to define what "legit sources" for copies are.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 31, 2018, 04:00:33 pm »

Piecewise, you didn't think it odd at all, the number of black biometal felines and large clockwork firearms that our respective gangs were fielding each mission?

I think everyone has been real careful with gang words from other sources, to make sure we have them from legitimate sources, but as far as I know, everyone has been playing as though they each had a personal set of the permanent words.

I'm okay with changing that to a single copy for all gang members to draw from. I think what's gone before should be left as is, and the two teams currently in mission should be left with what they already have, while sy's team starting this current mission with one set only, and the other two teams following suit at teh end of our current missions.

To make it fair to newer teams, I'd also be okay with dissolving all permanent gang words from every source at the end of the current mission, to start next mission with a "clean slate" as it were. This would probably affect RR the most though, so they'd have to agree to it on their own (which I would be quite surprised at).

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 31, 2018, 04:34:11 pm »

TBH, I think we should have to dump some words if the other side is held to the one copy rule starting now.  I think we're mostly done our mission, in any case.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 01, 2018, 09:32:14 am »

I would personally be in favor of every gang having only one set of their words to be distributed as needed, since it makes territory words more important and would force us to be more creative with spells (as abhorrent as Abu finds the idea of not just LargeFirearming his way out of every situation). And the less special exceptions to rules we have the better.

That said, I would propose we let this rule take effect starting from the next mission onwards for both gangs, because asking syv to suddenly do all of the bookkeeping again would be unfair. Even though we haven't really gotten our first turn yet for the defense mission, it would mean we'll have to revert all of our purchases (since we'll now need those words) and slow down the game for us considerably (I would prefer getting shot at by magitek cyborgs instead of standing around). Dumping a ton of work on someone due to a mistake that was due to no fault of their own isn't exactly a nice thing to do (unless anyone is volunteering for it? No? Yeah, didn't think so  :P ).

Oh, and I'd like to echo Oz' remark somewhat that the fact that we have been playing the game incorrectly for half a year with multiple people casting a gang word in the same mission seems like something that would have stood out if that wasn't how it's supposed to be. Maybe we should all pinch in for a new pair of glasses because it seems, PW,

You must be bliiiiiind.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 09:43:39 am by Radio Controlled »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 01, 2018, 01:25:55 pm »

That's kinda saying that it'll have to kick in now-ish for us, and much later for you.  I'll also be pretty disappointed if RR gets to keep all the words they've built up over several missions, as that seems like the handicap will become one-sided. (SA hasn't been keeping gang words from mission to mission, or multiple copies of them at any time.)  I'd rather we both just lose all built up gang words, with one set to then distribute.  I'll live with it even if that means SA has no gang words until mission end, as we're on mission right now.

Your proposal seems like rewarding the side that has been taking advantage more, as you'd get to keep the massive pile of built-up words you're sitting on, while we'd get shafted for not violating the rules to the same extent as RR was.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 114