Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230317 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1050 on: January 25, 2018, 01:29:06 pm »

(( Glory to Egan_BW!
...Please enchant me a weapon? Also, I think I'll take a couple rounds too, if the ranged people don't mind. ))

Ravencloaks Return

Prep: Get some ammo from the gang stocks and fill my rifle up to its maximum capacity (5, IIRC?). Enchant it then with [Large Firearm - Clockwork - Crow], aiming to create a flying fire support drone.

((Question: Is it possible to become proficient in a specific spell the same way a repeated enchantment of the same object in the same way appears likely to produce the same result, or a small (scaling) variation thereupon? Or is it just a quirk of giving you the same action several times, and doesn't/shouldn't actually exist mechanics-wise?))

5, yes.
[7][4]
The gun warps into the form of a metal bird statue, its wings spread and its head shaped into a screeching open mouthed cry. There are gaps in the metal exterior to allow the thing to move and through which you can see the mechanical interior. There's a big turnkey on the back and a metal line leading from its chest down to a clip of sorts. Looks like its designed to be tethered to something rather than free flying.

((The same results is because I know what you're aiming to do. Telling me the intent of a spell can go a long way in helping make sure you get what you want so long as the rolls are good))

"Blud Revens! Todeh tha enemeh is at ouh dooah!"

Prep: [Spear Spear Clockwork]

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
[10]
You get not a spear but a lance. A full, medieval style, jousting lance. Its longer than you are tall. But whats more, there's a trigger on the handle and when you hold that trigger down, the last foot or so of the lance rapidly moves back and forward like a stabbing jackhammer.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

I'm not keeping track of bullets.  I'mma just assume 200 bullets is enough that we don't need to worry unless we start using automatics.

Corven won't cast any prep spell before he knows what he's facing.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Ok.

No radio or Pamcake huh? Ok.

Here's the map, probably familiar with it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The guy up on top of the gate yells down asking who you are. You tell him and he opens the gate for you after yelling that the captain wants to see at least one of you up on the top of the gate.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 25, 2018, 01:31:26 pm »

Ahem.

((I'd like to claim 50 rounds if possible, since Abu likes his shooty. Also, unless anyone else would want him, I'll be taking MJ's corpse for some dual wield ventriloquism. ))

Sure. Words can be used to pay for just about anything, though the cost will vary. Manual labor isn't too expensive but you can't throw "Dirt" at someone and get gold.
((Now that we know this it might be a good idea to invest in our base hex some time. Remove rubble for clear firing lanes, some walls and good shooting positions, barbed wire, that kind of stuff.

...Then again, that would cut into our giant robot budget. Can't have that. Never mind then!))

Prep spell: well, what do you think? LargeFirearm on one of my rifles of course, turn it into a recoiless rifle again.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1052 on: January 25, 2018, 01:32:59 pm »

Ahem.

((I'd like to claim 50 rounds if possible, since Abu likes his shooty. Also, unless anyone else would want him, I'll be taking MJ's corpse for some dual wield ventriloquism. ))

Sure. Words can be used to pay for just about anything, though the cost will vary. Manual labor isn't too expensive but you can't throw "Dirt" at someone and get gold.
((Now that we know this it might be a good idea to invest in our base hex some time. Remove rubble for clear firing lanes, some walls and good shooting positions, barbed wire, that kind of stuff.

...Then again, that would cut into our giant robot budget. Can't have that. Never mind then!))

Prep spell: well, what do you think? LargeFirearm on one of my rifles of course, turn it into a recoiless rifle again.

This is what you get for posting early.
[5][7]
You get your recoilless rifle.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 25, 2018, 01:36:29 pm »

This is what you get for me not having functioning eyeballs, presumably due to the hollow eye sockets.
FTFY.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1054 on: January 25, 2018, 02:02:25 pm »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Leap over the bar and slice the guy across from me in half (with my Sword)! Then flip a chair at the guy next to him if I have time.
[2v5]
You leap the bar and take a swing at the man across from you. For a drunk man he has surprising reflexes and staggers back, letting your blade sink into the bar top instead of his skull.
[7v5]
You finish moving over the bar and as soon as your feet reach the floor you grab the nearest chair and smash it over the man next to you's head.  He slumps onto the bar, unconscious.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
[8v2]
You whip out your rifle and casually blow the top of the head off the man drinking next to you at the bar. That done you leap up, roll over the bar and take cover inside it, with the bar tender.  He doesn't look particularly happy that you're there, but he doesn't do anything about it.

Headshot closest gang member(E: Opposite gang :P), then leap for cover.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)
[4v2]
You put a round into the throat of a man standing by the fireplace with you and then flip the nearest table and take cover behind it. You can hear the man choking and gurgling next to you.

Cosa Nostra

Hop behind the bar. Shoot enemies to the south.

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
You hop the bar and crouch behind it before opening up on the man nearest you.
[8v1]
You shoot the man Poppa was trying to stab straight between the eyes and he slumps back against the dividing wall behind him.

The next few seconds are chaos. Several people just kind of stand there, not really aware of whats going on or too stunned to do anything. Others cut and run for the door, mostly the wannabe gang tagalongs and arm candy of hardened members.  A few duck for cover, flip tables and get ready to fight back.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 25, 2018, 02:39:58 pm »

Is this better?
Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 25, 2018, 04:23:11 pm »

Well shit, here's my new prep spell then.

Spoiler: Prep Spell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:46:42 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 25, 2018, 05:12:34 pm »

"Sounds like I need to talk with the captain. Kay,, come with me. And take this."

Hand Kay the Stake Driver, go to see the cap'n.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 25, 2018, 05:37:26 pm »

How many rounds did I get for my summoned weapon? Rolled 5 POT for the record.

Move into position up on the wall, preferably a good vantage point with decent visibility but somewhat out of easy reach (aka some cover) Or at least a nearby escape route.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:08:52 pm by Radio Controlled »

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 25, 2018, 05:46:55 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Move to the east of the bartender. Shoot people to the east.

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 25, 2018, 08:14:52 pm »

Ravens' Remorse

Kay looked with awe at the summoned relic offered to him, and knelt as he accepted it.

"Thank you, lady Feathra!"

"I dub thee Lanzerammer. Serve me well."
For a long moment Kay gazes at the long clockwork lance in his hands with deep intent, then casually switches it atilt as he is summoned to follow.

Follow Raven as she goes to see the captain. Mind the doorways and low ceilings.

(Question: how big is the metal bird statue? Could it theoretically carry me into air? Or rather, how far is it from theoretically becoming an aerial mount, magical effort-wise? E.g. halfway there, or better start from scratch?)

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1061 on: January 25, 2018, 09:55:04 pm »

Dearest shadow people, here is your map

https://i.imgur.com/MMLYrlp.png

Decide where you wanna walk in. Place is basically just big furnaces under a metal roof of sorts with holes for smoke stacks. Simple place.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 25, 2018, 10:04:09 pm »

that map gave me flashbacks to ORO.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 26, 2018, 01:03:28 am »

I think the right side would be good.  Maybe that building there is an office.  I don't think it'll be that significant a decision in any case.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 26, 2018, 07:59:50 am »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Loot somebody for a gun and ammo, then charge at the guys in the room closest to the exit and slice em up! Yaarr!

((As a melee character, I am quickly realizing my vulnerability in this situation. Huh.))
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 114