Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Democramancy (IC)  (Read 5385 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Democramancy (IC)
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 06:21:21 pm »

Blinking slowly they smile slightly and in a slightly surprisingly pleased voice.
"Splendid!"
Great. Now that we're agreed, I'm going to need your wallet.

Sputtering staring at them silently they shook their head putting their wallet into their long-coat of some sorts. Their face in a grimace small fanged teeth visible as she tryed not to almost snarl at Erin. Did he really expect her to give him his wallet? That much of her money? Hell no. Giving a shake of the head they speak disgruntled.

"I will pay my tax when the time is due. I will not hand anyone my wallet."
Hey, what do you expect me to do, go to them and tell them, "hey, yeah, we're all for paying you to be mercenaries and stuff, but there's no advance payment"? All I've got is an airship. These are goblins we're dealing with, I can't go to them with nothing. Anyway, you've made something of a point about being the person with the single most disposable income in the room. "From each according to his ability" and all that.

"As for the goblins. Anyone you send shall probably die. but. I think. I shall go along with it Accept your proposal. If. Yes If. You go out there, Erin. If you want to negotiate head out and do it. Don't waste lives on such a harebrained scheme other than your own."
Ok.

"Shoulf take a bit of the guarf when you approach, you know, so the greefy little buggers fon't just attack you anf take your golf. You know what? Here Mr. Quill, take my shovel. If things go south toss it in their general firection anf then run away. Maybe see if the necromancers among us can offer a few bofies to the task. Oh right, here, take my wallet too. I expect that back if things fon't pan out though."
Thank you, Mr. Geralf. And of course. The vote of confidence is greatly appreciated.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 06:41:29 pm »

While amusing at first, the situation had devolved into ludicrousy.

Mister Quill. While Master Klein's display was both impactful and moving, it was only because he chose to do so himself. This however has gone on long enough. I have personally reviewed your credentials and neither tax collector, or economancer are titles which describe you. If you are so eager to buy the loyalties of these goblins, I'm sure the state would not mind expropriating your airship to fund such an endeavor...

Furthermore, and please correct me if I'm wrong, the general consensus is to solve the goblin issue by hiring them as mercenaries to fight for us. However, as of now, our only enemy is the goblins that we will shortly attempt to hire. So, with no enemy to fight, what do you intend for the goblins to do? I do not fear that the goblins can be bought, in fact I'm quite sure that they may, but I wonder, to what end?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2017, 06:43:42 pm »

To fight other goblins. Ones that we haven't hired.
And how am I supposed to get to the goblins without an airship?

[OOC: Erin doesn't really care much about petty things like "credentials". Also, more importantly, he was trying to make a point. Also also, he says all of this in a perfectly sincere-sounding tone of voice.]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:50:06 pm by Glass »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2017, 06:47:56 pm »

"The Archmage makes a point there... Fo we know how fracturef the goblins are? The plan was to buy out another group of goblins anf have them fight the force against us, I believe. But a unitef force throws that plan out of the winfow, anf they may not be able to be bought, at least not for any reasonable price..."

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2017, 06:50:29 pm »

Breathing deep staring at Eren they responded.

"I may have the most disposable income. But I am taking care of two here besides myself. Unlike some of you."

"I have a daughter. I will not give an advance payment of any sorts unless I know exactly how much and if it is worth my time. As the man said Kleins decision was to do it. I shall not be forced into it without good merit."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2017, 11:30:35 pm »

Noticing a lull in the discussion, the Arbitrator stepped forward.

Alright, it seems as though these issues have been discussed thoughtfully. I believe that now is the time to move towards official propositions and voting. If you have a proposal, please add it to the docket. If you wish to support a a proposal, add your name next to it on the docket. In the case of a tie, I will break it. 

Quote from: Docket
Tax proposals
1)
2)
3)

Water Proposals
1)
2)
3)

Goblin Proposals
1)
2)
3)

Research Proposals
1)
2)
3)

Probably should have done this from the start... He mumbled quietly.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:00:16 am by Roboson »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2017, 01:39:33 am »

Noticing a lull in the discussion, the Arbitrator stepped forward.

Alright, it seems as though these issues have been discussed thoughtfully. I believe that now is the time to move towards official propositions and voting. If you have a proposal, please add it to the docket. If you wish to support a a proposal, add your name next to it on the docket. In the case of a tie, I will break it. 

Tax proposals
1) Lesouette-Quill Tax Plan. Lesouette.
2)
3)

Water Proposals
1) Elementalist Water programme. Lesouette.
2) Undead workforce. Lesouette.
3)

Goblin Proposals
1) Hire another goblin force to deal with the enemy goblin force. Also, consider taking a loan. Lesouette.
2)
3)

Research Proposals
1)Reliable water via magic. Lesouette.
2) Control Rods. Lesouette.
3)

Probably should have done this from the start... He mumbled quietly.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2017, 02:08:41 am »

"Hmm... Large scale water purification might not be increfibly viable fue to lack of power... Most people have power, but little capability to channel it yes? An enchantef object which coulf help pull their mana out woulf help those power concerns, making large scale usage of mana for such enfeavors much more practical... Even if they woulfn't be able to firectly make a spell, anf only loan power, sometimes you just neef a bunch of raw power for something..."

Tax proposals
1) Lesouette-Quill Tax Plan. Lesouette, Geralf
2)
3)

Water Proposals
1) Elementalist Water programme. Lesouette.
3) Combined Autonomous Tools/Undead Workforce: Geralf

Goblin Proposals
1) Hire another goblin force to deal with the enemy goblin force. Also, consider taking a loan. Lesouette, Geralf
2)
3)

Research Proposals
1)Reliable water via magic. Lesouette.
3) Mana Tap: Geralf

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 06:23:02 am »

Tax proposals
1) Lesouette-Quill Tax Plan. Lesouette, Geralf, Nix
2)
3)

Water Proposals
1) Elementalist Water programme. Lesouette. Nix.

Goblin Proposals
1) Hire another goblin force to deal with the enemy goblin force. Also, consider taking a loan. Lesouette, Geralf, Nix
2)
3)

Research Proposals
1)Reliable water via magic. Lesouette, Nix
[/quote]
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2017, 08:49:10 am »

Tax proposals
1) Lesouette-Quill Tax Plan. Lesouette, Geralf, Nix, Erin
2)
3)

Water Proposals
1) Elementalist Water programme. Lesouette. Nix. Erin.

Goblin Proposals
1) Hire another goblin force to deal with the enemy goblin force. Also, consider taking a loan. Lesouette, Geralf, Nix, Erin
2)
3)

Research Proposals
1)Reliable water via magic. Lesouette, Nix, Erin

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2017, 10:02:27 am »

Tax proposals
1) Lesouette-Quill Tax Plan. Lesouette, Geralf, Nix, Erin, Shadowclaw
2)
3)

Water Proposals
1) Elementalist Water programme. Lesouette. Nix. Erin. Shadowclaw.

Goblin Proposals
1) Hire another goblin force to deal with the enemy goblin force. Also, consider taking a loan. Lesouette, Geralf, Nix, Erin
2)
3)

Research Proposals
1)Reliable water via magic. Lesouette, Nix, Erin, Shadowclaw

"On to the aspect of our own wealth disposal, it's a quite frankly a petty complain people have been commenting on just to show their false sense of superiority to each other. I don't think your people's wealth is provided by state which is generated by taxes, the nobles lands that we may have access to are only given because of the service we give to the government and its own reconstruction. I personally seek a life of ascetism so that I am not a personal upkeep to the state, we are all upkeep and efforts to degradation like others have been showing into the political room, will have no mercy"

Secondly, if the research into simpler water conjuration may of be concern, and I'll lead the efforts as the lead elementalist mage that's not the concerning part. We would need research into "water-mapping' if you will, this way easier methods of finding water reserves and hidden water spots underneath the ground can be detected at a effective rate"

Spoiler: Research Description (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:12:13 am by Shadowclaw777 »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2017, 05:42:36 pm »

Sitting down. They had nothing to say really. Their voice unheard. Right now they could not win anything that they could propose. So for now. it was time to be silent and rest. Rest and think how to bounce back.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2017, 11:31:32 pm »

Well, it seems as though enough votes have been cast in order to determine our course of action.

On the Taxation issue: We will adopt the Lesouette-Quill Tax Plan.

On the Water issue: We will begin work on an elementalist based system.

On the Goblin Raiders issue: We will attempt to hire some goblins to fight off other goblins. We will also consider taking a loan to fund this endeavor.

Our official research project for this period is the production of water through magic. A research design has been proposed and accepted.

Without further ado, I call this meeting to a close. While the wheels of government address these issues, you are free to return to your studies. Goodday.

(This ends the first turn and begins the first interlude. Go ahead and post your interlude actions).

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2017, 11:58:26 pm »

Octavia stares at the others with a...tired expression before quietly putting their hands in their pockets and walking out.
 Moving down the streets eyes closed. They were too old for this shit it felt like at times and it really shouldn't.

They were damn middle aged they should be fine but they felt ancient. Felt old. Their love-life was dead they were most likely sterile and they only had a single child to their name whose quality of life was being threatened by these taxes. She didn't want her to suffer for her life to be lowered down in standard more than it already had been due to the fall of her house.

It was that thinking that led to a small smile coming to their face as they came to their door and entered their manor their voice coming out loving their eyes seemingly excited to see their little one again.

"Mommy's home!"

I shall be spending my free time with my beloved daughter and ignoring my worthless husband. Also try to find some way to bolster my income but focus on my daughter mainly. I need to relax.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2017, 12:34:23 am »

"Well, with that fone, here is my shovel Mr. Quill, be careful not to frop it for that will activate it, anf then it'll try to fig firt up arounf it; anf it'll likely start with unfer your foot... I expect that back if things go well though...... Err, by the way... I'll neef some of my money back though... Foof expenses anf what not."

With all of that said and done, Geralf moves back to the tool shed he has managed to borrow from its owner on promises of being among the first to benefit from proper autonomous tools, while he'd like to pursue that 'Mana Tap' concept he thought up, it is outside his realm of expertise, and would run against his promise to the shed owner.

As such, Geralf will spend his time attempting to imbue animated objects with some amount of intelligence. Getting a shovel smart enough to not dig under peoples feat will be sufficient on the intelligence scale, he suspects he's an incredibly long ways off for truly, 100% autonomous tools. But the journey of 1000 kilometers begins with a single step and what not.

Spoiler: Said 'Single Step' (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:24:20 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6