Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Democramancy (OOC / Still accepting players)  (Read 4502 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Democramancy (OOC / Still accepting players)
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2017, 01:24:06 pm »

Just curious, but what were the results of my efforts? There wasn't even a mention of 'Geralf failed utterly and completely at what he was attempting to do' in the update... The badly labeled spoiler caused you to miss it I guess?

Anyway here it was (The last paragraph is where most of 'how' is described, really look at the last paragraph mostly...):

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2017, 01:25:06 pm »

Ah I did miss the spoiler. I remember you needing to update it and then totally forgetting about it from then onward. I'll edit it in here in a minute or three.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2017, 01:26:45 pm »

Crap, did I use the wrong tax plan? I thought the one that Micelus put forward was the one that was agreed upon?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2017, 01:30:10 pm »

Well, I know that the one I proposed did not involve any tax cuts for the nobility. You may want to review the discussion.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2017, 01:30:57 pm »

Yeah, I was going to edit it more, but IRL got in the way... But that is little excuse, I will accept the results of that write-up whatever they may be.

(For the tax plan I'll root through the IC thread to try to find out what was meant.... But next time, let us insert links into the docket so we all know exactly what we're voting for, and to help out Roboson figure that out too...)

(Right, the Lesouette-Quill Tax Plan seems to be mostly based on this, and then modified by the next two posts.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:36:23 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2017, 01:52:12 pm »

Is this the plan everyone was voting on?

"The bottom 10% pay no taxes, as they're the people already earning very little. The 15% just above them will pay a 4% tax, the 25% will pay the original 6% tax rate, and the 50% will pay a 12% tax rate. Overall, the people who can't afford particularly high taxes won't be expected to pay them, while the government still comes out ahead, due to doubling the money it earns from the group that used to pay for half of everything.
Please recall that the 10%, 15%, 25%, and 50% refer to the percentage of money they have, not to a percentage of people. There's almost certainly going to be far more people in the 10% than in any other division."

The docket was a hyphenated system, which had the names of both people who put forth plans. I didn't realize it and thus just snagged Micelus's because their name was fierst.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2017, 01:57:56 pm »

I know that it was the one I was voting on, though the 12% tax rate was altered to a 10% tax rate.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2017, 01:58:48 pm »

Is this a good spell for water conjuration? It takes three sources of mana/mages and conjures the water

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2017, 02:01:04 pm »

Yes it would be. It is more mana intensive than the separation spell, as it turns mana into water as opposed to separating out water that already exists. So it would ultimately make about the same amount of water, but would require three times as much mana. That said, its literally making water from nothing, which is what you might need if everything dries up.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2017, 02:07:45 pm »

I believe that was the plan Roboson, well, that plan altered by the following two posts (Dropping the top tax bracket down to a 10% tax rate). Really, the Lesoutte-Quill plan was called as such because there was collaboration between the two, I believe.

Like I said before, we add links in the next Docket to the post which contains the plan, or if you are adding a thing which isn't together in one piece, you define it in its entirety right then and there.

Anyone who has been in an Arms Race with me should know that I can be fairly fanatical in inserting the links, and I will take up that responsibility here too, unless you lot are against links.

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2017, 02:15:17 pm »

I will adjust the tax plan, but the resulting increase in serfs and slavery will still be a result of the correct plan. The root of the issue is the "The bottom pays no taxes" bit. This change from the previous system has led basically everyone with paid employees to replace them with unpaid employees.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2017, 02:21:41 pm »

Having someone that makes sure the links get placed would be helpful, Jilladilla. Thanks.

Makes sense, Roboson. I don't think any of us were thinking that much about the slaves; I'm thinking we'll put a slaveholding tax for having more than 5, and increase it when it goes above 50 or something like that.

Anyway, everyone, discussion on the goblins is now open. Well, unless you had anything else for the chieftain to say, Roboson.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2017, 02:35:06 pm »

Nah you're good on the goblin issue. Have at it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2017, 04:17:47 pm »

*I do not support any of my characters views, by the way, occly of course*

but yes. How do you guys feel about my character? Are they an antagonist in your minds or merely that darker ally? Are they at all sympathetic or do they come off as an incredibly horrible person? I think the group could definitely use her nobleness to more easily sway the nobility. I think working with her and swaying her more along the counsel's side could be beneficial. But it is fun rping someone who has such radical views compared to me lol.

I tried to keep to how nobility kinda felt or how people made excuses about slavery in how she spoke about it. But yes. She is hardline nobilty and out for a lot of her own interests and family interests lol.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2017, 04:22:20 pm »

You definitely seem like an antagonist-type character.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6