Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 132449 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #615 on: March 29, 2018, 03:55:53 pm »

Right. Technically the wrong place to ask, but I feel it needs a mention again:

I'm here to request a sub in for a Dom 4 game; Round 28. MA Agartha. Very late game. At war with Arcoscephale.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 30, 2018, 02:51:52 am »

Is it just me or they added additional tracks to Dom V?

Its kind of welcome btw.  Compared to 3 and 4 I've found that 5 is lacking in the music department... a shame you cannot import/export tracks
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 30, 2018, 02:26:20 pm »

The new tracks are controversial; some feel they are too generic and would like to have the old ones back. Or even the option to switch/alternate between the two.

By the way, for those who didn't notice, the map workshop on Steam now actually works. Should fill up pretty soon.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 02, 2018, 06:48:46 pm »

Could someone shed some light on how this happened?

My pretender was at 9 health and was diseased in a province without my dominion. I set a bunch of priests to preach and a nature mage to cast cure disease on them. The next turn the province turned to mine, the spell cast, and my pretender still died. My first guess is that disease triggers before dominion calculates and before spells are cast, and that somehow my pretender loses at least 9 health per turn while diseased.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 02, 2018, 07:08:08 pm »

You don't heal when diseased, but the 10% health reduction per month is based on your current max HP. Hence, for diseased prophets and pretenders going from hostile or low dominion to high can be fatal because max HP increases but current HP does not.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 02, 2018, 08:23:24 pm »

Ah that max HP thing makes sense.

Also, just retried curing a diseased unit on 1 health. It worked and they didn't die... Maybe... My pretender contracted another disease immediately upon being cured? I found a well of pestilence in that province.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 02, 2018, 08:26:44 pm »

It is a bit curious, though.  Given my understanding of the relevant steps of turn resolution...
6. Preach Priests preach the word of their god, and dominion is adjusted accordingly.
10. Magic rituals All mages cast their rituals in a random order.
45. Heal / Disease All units regain lost hit points, unless they are diseased, in which case they suffer more damage instead and may incur more afflictions.
...Cure Disease should have gone off before disease calculations. 

Ah, a Well of Pestilence would do that.  Site effects are step 41, after rituals and before disease calculations.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:29:37 pm by Culise »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 03, 2018, 06:16:05 am »

That's another nice feature the later titles brought to the series... methods of curing disease. In Dom1/2, if your pretender or big beefy fellow caught an infection, well... only thing you could do was just count the many, many turns (1hp loss per turn, regardless of maxhp) until they just fell apart, or maybe cast twiceborn if they had useful magic and hope they didn't get too many afflictions.

I think the only ways of dealing with it were Arcosephalian priestesses and maybe the holy grail, if it even existed back then. Potentially also just being pangaean, though I don't recall the details of recuperation's evolution.

Regardless, it wasn't very accessible. Nice to have a few more options, even if it has kinda taken some of the bite out of disease warfare.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 03, 2018, 07:38:20 am »

I wish there was a way to get Dom3 music in the game. 

Edit there might be a way: The tracks are avaiable online. 

But yeah Dom3 and 4 music was better than Dom5, hands down
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:42:59 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 03, 2018, 07:48:22 am »

What were the musicians credited as before? Håkon Nilsson and the Coptic Roosters? Never managed to find any real information on the artists.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 03, 2018, 11:56:19 am »

Dunno, but I found a playlist in youtube with most tracks

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 03, 2018, 12:42:42 pm »

I think the only ways of dealing with it were Arcosephalian priestesses and maybe the holy grail, if it even existed back then.

Standard go-tos were GoH, Grail, and casting Fairy Court, which got you a full healer prior to Dom4. A Ring of Regen would essentially let you live forever so long as you periodically went into combat, though.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 03, 2018, 01:01:33 pm »

Regardless, it wasn't very accessible. Nice to have a few more options, even if it has kinda taken some of the bite out of disease warfare.
disease warfare is still situationally useful. It may be more possible for someone to mitigate, but that costs resources, usually gems. It'll hardly win you the game, but shades with bane venom charms are good ways to soften up an enemy (especially his research base) before a war. And not everyone has ready access to disease healers now, either.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 04, 2018, 03:37:05 am »

So apparently wishing for a gate stone will forcibly remove an amulet of the fish, instantly killing your god and destroying the gate stone.

Does anyone know of a mod that let's me redo a turn? I like the ironman thing but holy shit the number of crippling mistakes you can make is too high. It's pissing me off.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 04, 2018, 08:32:53 am »

How many misc slots did your pretender have and where they all occupied by other items? If everything was filled or they had just the one then it's understandable what happened. If they had free slots then that should undoubtedly be reported as a bug.

There's no mod that lets you redo turns that have already happened. That behaviour is well beyond the capability of any modder. The turn files should be unencrypted and easy to swap in and out though. If you have a back-up somewhere or can manage to restore the old turn file through a utility then that's good. Otherwise you're kinda out of luck.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67