Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 132528 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #405 on: January 30, 2018, 02:09:43 am »

I guess 501 is also looking for a substitute Vanheim.
It's turn 48 and they have cast Forge of the Ancients. For more details enquire within the thread.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 31, 2018, 10:00:21 am »

How weapons with multiple attacks on single targets (like gloves of gladiator) work? If it says that they deal 50 damage, is it divided between four attacks, or ir will be four attacks that deal 50 damage each? Because in my SP game i have lemur consul that deals more then 50 damage with them, and wonder if it's enough to kill in one turn anything bot can possibly have, or enough to kill in one turn almost everything in the game?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:04:00 am by MCreeper »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 31, 2018, 10:02:36 am »

How weapons with multiple attacks on single targets (like gloves of gladiator) work? If it says that they deal 50 damage divided on four attacks, or four attacks that deal 50 damage each? Because in my SP game i have lemur consul that deals more 50 damage with them, and wonder if it's enough to kill in one turn anything bot can possibly have, or enough to kill in one turn almost everything in the game?
The damage value listed is for each attack separately.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 31, 2018, 10:27:29 am »

That would be enough to kill anything that is not a pretender or doom horror. Although there are a few like eater of dreams that it could probably kill if it could hit it's 25 defense.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 01, 2018, 08:10:10 am »

Well, turns out, although it's impossible to kill this guy with close combat non-mindless units in magic 3, there are a lot more spells that ignore magic resistance than i thought. He slaughtered pretty big (400) Jomon army singlehandedly, but get killed pretty fast by army with some mages and archers spamming arrows and solar rays. Even with regen 15 and quickness from arena helmet, he still managed to kill only 28 units. This game reminds me once more that there are NO unkillable units in it.  ::)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 01, 2018, 09:53:52 am »

Its a weird Rock, Paper, Shotgun system, between "normal" units (a soldier), Sacred Units, Mages, SCs, Summons, Free-spawn, and special units.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 01, 2018, 10:35:03 am »

Well, one reason to use a unit like that is to force the enemy to commit resources to handling the situation. You want to use what you have to get your opponent to lose enough gold, time and gems that you can leverage them into submission or defeat them. You also want to stop the same from happening to you. All those mages and archers are exposed if you have the capability to take them out.

Though it also sounds like your SC had an Achilles heel regarding mundane attacks. Regen 15 is impressive but sounds like on it's own it would be subject to something as simple as a cold aura. It's important to remember that SCs are usually meant to be a series of great defenses with a good offense (I can't quite say that with confidence yet, I've been too busy to join in games until later this year, hopefully, go figure).

Actually, come to think of it what have people been thinking about the multiplayer for dominions 5? I've not heard too much talk about it so far. Because I might as well be living under a rock.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 01, 2018, 10:55:14 am »

Choice of bless is important, before there wasn't much of a caster bless, now there is. It might be just because I'm new to the multiplayer scene and the only multiplayer game in dom 4 was round 428, I would have to say things are far more aggressive because the army wipe spells have been nerfed due to the cast time or just overall effectiveness.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 01, 2018, 11:04:29 am »

Choice of bless is important, before there wasn't much of a caster bless, now there is. It might be just because I'm new to the multiplayer scene and the only multiplayer game in dom 4 was round 428, I would have to say things are far more aggressive because the army wipe spells have been nerfed due to the cast time or just overall effectiveness.
It's not just those nerfs but perhaps more crucially, the elimination of the defense trap. Before, when you were the defender you could get a whole round of spells off before your opponent could do anything besides the automatic spells from powerful items.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:22:39 pm by Cruxador »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 01, 2018, 11:06:50 am »

As a slight tangent, if anyone's up against an entrenched Nazca and they plop down a threatening Geoglyphs, this is an example of an effective counter.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 01, 2018, 11:17:40 am »

Dom5 is much more comfortable to play for one.

MP feels surprisingly balanced, with no specific Tactic being the clear winner (SC/Bless spam) - you can build your nation to be good early on (bless), but pay the price for it later.

I feel like the defenders lost a bit of there old advantage and there is no more "we hit the entire enemy army for free" moments we had before, which could help the side that is losing.

You should join us for the next match chaoticag

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 01, 2018, 12:09:46 pm »

I think maybe astral got a little too good of a boost. Almost every nation I've thought about playing I've tried to take astral for far casting, arcane finesse or magic weapons. The only thing I dislike is taking an awake pretender with incarnate bless stuff, but it does balance things out because someone can try to snipe your pretender.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 01, 2018, 12:15:27 pm »

It might be just because I'm new to the multiplayer scene and the only multiplayer game in dom 4 was round 428, I would have to say things are far more aggressive because the army wipe spells have been nerfed due to the cast time or just overall effectiveness.

What Cruxador says about the switch to simultaneous and thge end of UGoIGo is a big change, but it also can't be underscored enough that 428 had VERY ABNORMAL diplomacy. That game was/is definitely much more... passive, shall we say... than is normal.

(428 operating under UGoIGo also made it more passive; I for one would have been a lot more aggressive had turns been simultaneous...)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 01, 2018, 09:32:44 pm »

You should join us for the next match chaoticag
Well, I know for sure I can't join in on games unless people are fine potentially waiting several weeks. Otherwise I should be fine once april or may rolls in.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 06, 2018, 11:08:58 am »

Question 1 - If mage did cast some spells and get to 80-99 fatique, can he immediately cast spell that will give him 100 more?
Question 2 - can mage spend two gems on casting a spell, if he already can cast it with his base levels?
I think answer to both is "no", but i just want to be sure.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 67