Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 132623 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2017, 05:37:06 am »

I'm real sick and tierd of getting hit with "population loss" and bad events in my capital in the first 3 turns tbh...

Ranting aside, Imprint souls creates some blessed units + priest, which can be used for some intresting effects, depending on your bless... Feels like it got upgraded.

_____
And the new pan summon ... i don't think its any good, even at "being high hp & protection + howl", you got better options.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:55:50 am by ThtblovesDF »

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2017, 09:54:01 am »

Okay, so the new EA R'lyeh summon, Thaum 5 sea trolls slaves is pretty good. With the amount of pearl you get, it let you mount a decent stack to take on the cavalry and giant armies that the shamblers can't deal with. It's right in the Thaumaturgy tree too, which you want fast anyway. You still have the issue of having to build the pretender around the amulet of the fish, but I had a pretty easy time encroaching on land in my first game vs AI.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2017, 10:57:30 am »

This is an interesting version of Dominions. On the surface, not many changes, since only few new factions etc. Under the hood, many changes like the combat and bless mechanics. Honestly, I don't buy Dom just for it is now, but for what it will be in a few years, knowing that there will be many updates coming.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2017, 11:06:29 am »

Unrelated to that mental image....how do you get more commander points? Is it just flat tied to your fort type? Can't see any way to upgrade forts.
Yep, just fort type, and your maximum fort level is based on nation. If you're in the early age, you probably can't upgrade your fort any further.

I'm playing MA Sceleria. How the heck am I supposed to get 2 more commander points to by my highest level priests if my fortress can't be upgraded anymore?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2017, 11:07:48 am »

It just takes 2 turns, like slow recuit. So if you have 2 command points/turn and it costs 4, it takes 2 turns.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2017, 11:08:54 am »

I'm playing MA Sceleria. How the heck am I supposed to get 2 more commander points to by my highest level priests if my fortress can't be upgraded anymore?
If you cant build a citadel, you cant get 3 commander points. You can queue up the priest and it will be like dominions 4 slow to recruit.

Also, that tree looks like it could be decent defense of a territory, would end up messing with any would be raiders. The cost might be a problem though.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2017, 11:28:27 am »

playing an EA Error game to try things out--going pretty well for me... just about to have the first major battle of the game. We'll see how javelin spam backed up by medium infantry works out for me.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2017, 11:38:30 am »

Ah ok. They took away the slow recruit icon so I wasn't sure if slow recruiting was still a thing or not.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2017, 12:03:18 pm »

Ranting aside, Imprint souls creates some blessed units + priest, which can be used for some intresting effects, depending on your bless... Feels like it got upgraded.

Yep, it got upgraded... in Dominions 4. :p Don't you remember the composition of loonies I was summoning in your territory in 4.26?

The hamadryad isn't good in a "do your own thing" sort of way, but it's a tough, high-MR nature mage which could quite nicely bolster a defensive garrison. If there wasn't also the cheapo fort spell, I'd say it would be good to drop on unforted forested thrones... but the fort spell pretty much preempts (preents?) that usage.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2017, 12:24:37 pm »

AI Tir'na Ogh got screwed hard. It can't leave its capital at all and only has a lvl 3 throne to move to until the river freezes....

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2017, 12:32:28 pm »

What that picture near their castle is?
please don't tell me it's a photo

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2017, 12:45:35 pm »

Yeah, I've had a few random maps like that, where my capital is stunted into a corner and there's not much room to do anything.

And that picture represents the temple in that province. And it looks like a photo to me.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2017, 12:51:29 pm »

Hefty price, but grabbed it to support the devs. It's my second most played game afterall. :P

All I need now is to redesign my old pretender (old habits die hard) and a Dom 5 crash course for Dom 4 players. I like the switch to sim-turn battles, but formations seem to burst into swarms too easily at the moment.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2017, 01:08:33 pm »

The Stampede is real...

Normal nations: I try a bless, it fails (early or late game)

Pan Bless: It works, no matter what i put on these guys.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:01:36 pm by ThtblovesDF »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2017, 04:06:00 pm »

Sweet jesus 35€.   ???

I think I'll wait for a discount or a consumerist fit. whichever comes first
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67