Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 132451 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #600 on: March 25, 2018, 10:12:41 pm »

Getting a big, strong longdead giant is pretty dang nice, if only when compared to the regular kind.
Horde of skeletons is a great spell largely due to the quantity of longdead it produces, not the quality. Going from small to large may not improve the quality that much, except in HP, but HP is mostly what you want from them so it's actually a pretty significant boon... Or it would be if you had a more cost-effective skelespammer to actually make use of it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 25, 2018, 10:30:59 pm »

I am well aware of that. I'm just saying that 1-to-1, the giant longdead/souless are better than the human ones. So if you get them without any change in the overall numbers... So much the better. Utgard also has very cost-efficient skelespammers, if you don't mind communions. EA/MA are definitely more questionable..

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 26, 2018, 03:46:50 am »

Doesn't Tien'chi got like that one national spell that gets freaking sacred ghosts and like 20 to the gem?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 26, 2018, 05:34:47 am »

LA T'ien Ch'i and EA Sauromatia, yeh. They've only got the little paralyze attack, but it used to be pretty funny to slap a fire or death bless on them in Dom4. Death bless in particular, because it meant that each 1-hp spirit now had an effective 11 hitpoints.

Also, MA Jotunheim also gets the immensely economic D1 vaetti hags for low-level spamming, and the astral randoms make for decent slaves to a gygja if you really want to invest in some spammery.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 26, 2018, 07:13:45 am »

Did some testing with horrors - you can't seduce horrors, it seems. You can horror seed horrors however, but its not very useful.

A Fort with 0 PD, but troops in the garrison + horror seed commanders (also inside the fort) will dump the horrors outside the door, slowly creating a stack of horrors. So if you want to do some silly things, get some free spawners that produce living units, horror seed a handful of commanders in that same fort and turn your free spawn units into horrors 1:1 - maybe you realllllly want to block a throne or something.

A sneaking horror-seeded unit will also never mark enemy units in the province it is in.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 26, 2018, 07:43:26 am »

So...EA Ry'leh strategy? Porpal mothers building swarms and swarms of horrors outside of their thrones...assuming there is enough underwater thrones to stall the game.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 26, 2018, 08:13:35 am »

Pangaea also has living freespawn. And in some cases they've even got a little blood magic to help with slave collection!

Presumably also works for turn-summoned units like swans, wolves and muflons. Miflons? Muffins. They're muffins. They even have a supply bonus, just like real muffins.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 26, 2018, 08:30:07 am »

You can't use the "summon" ability of commanders if the castle they are in is under siege, but it works on commanders that always summon without a care for the what they are doing. So I don't think it works on swans-heards or werwolfs, since they use the "Summon Allies" command.

Swans to Horrors would be extremly effective however.

You just have to endure the "X has turned into a horror, fighting nothing" spam every turn.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 26, 2018, 08:57:24 am »

Oh, they can't do that? Odd, thought they could still summon during sieges in Dom4, but I'm not sure.

So, yeah... polypal mothers, pans, a few pretender chassis... what else?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 26, 2018, 09:31:18 am »

EA Maverni pigs :3

And while we are in Blood, one could use the soul-bound contracts to turn imps into horrors.

Been playing a little CoE 3 - i adore horrors there, they hardly ever show up where you want them and then they roam all over the place and kick ass.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:50:44 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 28, 2018, 12:15:39 am »

Anyone know the relation between the frost weapon bless on sacred archers and the fire arrows spell? Do you get both?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 28, 2018, 12:23:05 am »

Anyone know the relation between the frost weapon bless on sacred archers and the fire arrows spell? Do you get both?
I don't see why not, but maybe test it if you're concerned. If it's magical bows, you won't.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 29, 2018, 08:07:52 am »

Spoiler: patch notes (click to show/hide)
AI can sail
I don't know why I laughed at this.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:10:27 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 29, 2018, 09:10:19 am »

Quote from: Patch Notes
Smaller less likely to be hit than larger if in same square.

MA Jotunheim weeps. Not by a lot though.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 29, 2018, 09:21:50 am »

Of course not; the tears freeze and block the ducts.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67