Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 132609 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2017, 08:01:55 am »

YES. I know. I tested all this myself when you first mentioned it. The starvation is obviously a bug. I reported it, in fact. However, their getting diseased is WAD. Undead still get diseased despite "being immune to disease" or however it's phrased, and regardless of the description the intent of the bless is obviously to give the half-dead disease resistance, which makes them still able to get diseased.

However, on reflection, it's pretty obvious that they hadn't thought thought through the precise mechanics of disease resistance because they hadn't considered affliction accumulation. So yes, the whole bless pretty much needs to be considered broken at this point, and the disease resistance part needs reported as well.

As to beta testing, I'd assume beta testers just weren't interested in the bless, and didn't bother testing it. Which is the problem with outside beta testers; you're a slave to their interests.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2017, 08:18:51 am »

Aha I missunderstood your point and I agree.

Ah well, thanks for reporting it.

alguLoD

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2017, 08:25:00 am »

Beta tester here. It is a bit embarassing that we missed it. I did test it on Abysia's mages after they got the halved penalties from Death scales that they were always supposed to have and it seemed to work fine for preventing afflictions from old age then.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2017, 12:08:44 pm »

How long it takes to cast most powerful battle spells like "brainwash all enemy humans to fight for ypu"?

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2017, 12:38:36 pm »

I maybe lied a little bit.  How's Yomi/Shinuyama/Jomon?  I've never really been able to wrap my head around them.  I see EA they don't hire their oni anymore, but built temples and get them as freespawn, which is an interesting change, and they still seem to have Chaos Power, which I've seen a lot of people say is actually a weakness.  Turmoil hits gold production and they're really gold-heavy, and all that.

Flexible, but weak has always been my impression of them - lots of magic path variety, but they're spread out.  Easy water access, but in like all three ages they tend to have kinda weak troops except for EA's oni (which will be less prevalent now, since they're freespawn now rather than hired?).  I guess I've just never managed to figure out how to play them, am I missing something?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2017, 02:50:09 pm »

I maybe lied a little bit.  How's Yomi/Shinuyama/Jomon?  I've never really been able to wrap my head around them.  I see EA they don't hire their oni anymore, but built temples and get them as freespawn, which is an interesting change, and they still seem to have Chaos Power, which I've seen a lot of people say is actually a weakness.  Turmoil hits gold production and they're really gold-heavy, and all that.
Turmoil/Order has a much reduced impact on gold production compared to Dom4. You can offset Turmoil 3 with Growth 3 and come out with a small bonus to gold income.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2017, 03:19:49 pm »

Most of the high gold cost came from the oni troops too, and since you no longer have to recruit them gold is not as tight. They did lose Chaos Recruit on their oni commanders though, which balances that out somewhat. 155 gold Oni Generals were a great deal though, so it's understandable.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2017, 04:36:54 am »

Wat, EA Oceania is the only nation to start with only 1 commander point in its capital? That can't be intentional, or? No real buffs for them either, so this is super mean...

It's a bug, me thinks. Turn 1 Oceania will only have 1 commander point, but it fixes itself after a bit...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:45:48 am by ThtblovesDF »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2017, 06:57:12 am »

Some questions.
1. How glamour ability works? Is commander under it is actually present somewhere, or it's chance to hit as with ethereal?
2. What pieces of non-blessed-by-RNG-god equipment give awe?
3. How much time it takes to hit and kill Bodhissatva of Mercy with ethereal chainmail (?) and whatever piexes of awe equipment, and fire bless (?) awe?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2017, 07:45:43 am »

Sweet jesus 35€.   ???

Given the games market today this can be a hard sell. But so worth it if it's anything like dom4 multiplayer. Assuming you're into said multiplayer. It's ok in singleplayer too I suppose.
I'll be buying this first thing after temporary poverty passes, which shouldn't be long. To support the dev as someone said, and I know that even at full retail this will have a ridiculously good € per hour value.

Flexible, but weak has always been my impression of them - lots of magic path variety, but they're spread out.  Easy water access, but in like all three ages they tend to have kinda weak troops except for EA's oni (which will be less prevalent now, since they're freespawn now rather than hired?).  I guess I've just never managed to figure out how to play them, am I missing something?

With LA Jomon... I seem to recall I just talked myself to barely survive till mid-late game and just rolled over everything with mage supported samurai armies from there. Can't remember whether I actually won or lost that match  :P Seemed to follow a similar pattern with MA Shinuyama, based on my tests in singleplayer (or did I play them online at some point? Maybe?). MA just had more badass mages. And cheap goblin hordes as opposed to expensive samurai hordes. But basically mage supported armies and suicide earthquake/rain of stones/etc. mages is how I ran them MA/LA. Less suicide in MA with their ogre mages. Did ok. Fun if you enjoy that sort of play. I don't think they're near 'strongest' nations in their ages, but multiplayer Dominions is enough of a diplomatic mess anyway that it doesn't matter as much I don't think.

Flexible but weak sounds somewhat appropriate.

... now it's coming back to me. Huge samurai armies, cast 'flight' on everything and then spammed earthquake. Good times.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2017, 07:48:43 am »

So many obvious bugs, sadly. Hoping for a patch soon....

Example:

Earth Serpent has his own bless effects on map, while in battle he just doesn't have it...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2017, 08:19:12 am »

Few changes with EA Agartha that I can see. Sealguards and ancients with an invulnerability bless are very good tanks.
Dealing with Helheim glamour was a challenge but bladewind provides.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2017, 08:49:52 am »

So many obvious bugs, sadly. Hoping for a patch soon....

Example:

Earth Serpent has his own bless effects on map, while in battle he just doesn't have it...

Was the battle outside the serpent's dominion?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2017, 05:48:10 am »

Vanheim casted great hawk + 40 hawks spell on my capital two times in a row. Trouble is, i don't see Vanheim.
Now i wonder if it's all-seeing PD-ignoring AI (all impossible, if it matters) or spy going in right place.

Heroic last stand in the fort.
These knights are monsters. I wonder how monstrous they will be when they will get fiery weapons + shield of fire bless on 35 turn. If i will survive until 35 turn, mein gott.

That's how.
It seems not only Pangea get OP cavalry.

Now Atlantis attacked me with poison units and they all get killed with poison. Dammit.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:49:43 am by MCreeper »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2017, 11:17:29 am »

Flanking is A LOT stronger than it has been in a long time - possibly ever. This goes for both fliers and cavalry.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 67