Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79263 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 2
« Reply #855 on: May 02, 2018, 01:44:08 pm »

"No... No I'm sorry. I should have been more tactful with my comments. I... You have my sympathy."

Her face briefly broke, and she slipped away from the crowd, away from Theo, away from it all. She needed to not be there right now.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 02, 2018, 01:52:41 pm »

Theo's eyes follow Rune as she leaves the crowd. He briefly decides whether or not to leave her to it, or to follow her and see what was up. On one hand, there was still potentially something valuable that the crowd hadn't spoken about, but if they had little contact with the outside world aside from bandits, it'd be hard to see what intel they could offer. In any case, this was a bust; aside from the talk of bandits raiding their village by both the villagers and the shopkeeper, these people, as far as Theo could tell, had nothing to do with them or their mission and just had the misfortune of being in their way.

On the other hand, he owed Rune, and even someone of Theo's ego knew he had to make it back up to her somehow.

He silently and deftly follows her away, keeping at a distance just in case. If she shook him, he'd leave and go rejoin the group, possibly inquire something of Jack; if she didn't, Theo wasn't quite sure what he'd do.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 02, 2018, 02:07:41 pm »

Rune heard someone following her and glancing back realized who it was. Someone she was not up for dealing with right now. But best to just deal with it... Spinning around, she crossed her arms and shot him a glare.

"What gives you the right to follow after me? Was it not clear enough that I wanted to be alone by how I left? In case it wasn't, here, let me be clear. Leave me alone."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 02, 2018, 02:23:42 pm »

"....you couldn't have known that would happen. You shouldn't feel responsible for her loss. Her grief was not your fault."

Theo's smug grin, as Rune can clearly see, is completely absent, replaced by a look of....is that concern? Awkwardness? Pensiveness? Certainly the tone of his voice seems a little less confident, a little more awkward, a little lost, as if he's not quite sure what to say. This certainly isn't the Theo you've grown used to, though you've seen glimpses already.

"I can't know if that's what you wanted to hear, but that is how it is. Don't blame yourself for what our enemies did. I followed you because I felt.....you should know that. It won't come to you as comfort, even if I'd hoped it would, but it's better than nothing. I'll leave you be. If you need a sympathetic ear....a man of my talents can spare a few moments."

After that, Theo nods at Rune, lost, like an actor trying to remember his forgotten script on the night of the performance, and slowly turns away to leave her be. Even his requisite "man of my talents" is rather half-hearted, as if it were an affectation he were putting on, to remind himself of his role.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:30:16 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 03, 2018, 02:02:41 am »

Rune stared at the man for a long hard moment amd then shook her head and walked away.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 03, 2018, 11:08:24 am »

Theo walks away also, nodding to himself quietly. He composes himself for a moment, returning his usual smirk to his face, adjusting his collar.

Rune had taken it harder, harder than anyone else here would. Theo wasn't sure why, not yet. Maybe she wasn't used to it. Maybe these were her people. Maybe there was something he hadn't considered. He sighs, rubbing the back of his head, looking around for a moment. He had participated in the research of the tomes, the tomes that had destroyed Tselino, the tomes he and the others had to recover. He knew how theoretically destructive they could be; that's why the sheer scale of destruction in Tselino hadn't come as a surprise to him. He knew exactly how they worked, after all; he'd spent years aiding the research effort.

But it did unnerve him. So many people, dead. So many people, just gone. He wondered how nobody else had even needed a moment to process what they were seeing, aside Rune. He wondered how he didn't, until he remembered for a moment.

A man of his talents was unfazed by such meagre efforts. A man of his talents wasn't intimidated by these pretenders.

At least, he was supposed to be.

Breathing in deeply, he heads off to find Jack and then the others. Time to reconvene. Hopefully, they'd be on their way to recapture Joi Hart, before this got worse.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:11:37 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 03, 2018, 02:31:38 pm »

Keyleth returns to the weapon store and adds the Glaive to the pile of weapons-to-buy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 03, 2018, 02:39:13 pm »

Purchase flash and prelude
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 04, 2018, 01:02:14 am »

Why did Lucette think Keyleth was so heated? Well, she didn't know. Some sort of involvement with indentured servitude and this treacherous hellhole of a country, maybe. Lucette wasn't sure, though. It'd been a damn bizarre encounter, but Lucette had a few words for Keyleth as the wyvern rider walked off:
:"Don't you go getting ideas about doing it yourself, you hear? It... wouldn't be in your interests.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 04, 2018, 03:21:37 pm »

: "Fine, I'll let you deal with it. Just keep my offer in mind."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 04, 2018, 06:57:51 pm »

Quickly hunt for a staff shop!

Also any performance items, maybe.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 07:07:06 pm by Sirus »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 04, 2018, 07:35:41 pm »

A staff shop was found in short order. Or, rather, the proprieter of the unstaffed shop turned up. An old man, bent almost double with age, moving around slowly on a twisted cane. "Ah, yes, I have some extra stock hidden away that I could be convinced to part with. Just a moment."

Spoiler: Sundry (updated) (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 05, 2018, 03:39:50 pm »

Grab Mend and Heal from the Sundry Shop.

Jack purchases a Switchblade.

Any anima tomes for sale?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 06, 2018, 01:32:30 pm »

The tome shop had those too.

Spoiler: Anima (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 06, 2018, 02:27:30 pm »

Get that Cold Front!

Purchase the Charming Flute and all the vulneraries

ACTUALLY purchase 4 vulns. Then get Sleep staff and Iron Shield.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:10:13 pm by Sirus »

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 125