Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79262 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 2
« Reply #825 on: April 23, 2018, 10:04:22 pm »

The shopkeep started listing off Keyleth's order, recording the items against his fingers. "Well let's see, she requested my javelins, a set of pilums, a lance, a throwing axe, a sword, and an armorkiller. She said there might be more but didn't guarantee anything."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #826 on: April 23, 2018, 10:10:14 pm »

"A throwing axe. Good girl, she thought of me. Was she coming later to fetch the order 'cause you're preparing it or something?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 23, 2018, 10:29:43 pm »

He shrugged expansively. "Not sure, I could have set her up right away. It's not like I gift wrapped the things. Maybe she just didn't want to lug it all around until your group went on their way. To be fair, its a lot of steel."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #828 on: April 24, 2018, 02:13:05 am »

"Yea, that makes sense. We'll get it on our way out then, I've got nothing to add to the list. Thanks."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 24, 2018, 04:12:20 am »

:"Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. I'd have to take care of it, though, because I'd have to persuade Jack it's an acceptable use of our resources. But... I can worry about that after we eat. Here."
Having divvied up the soup and prepared the bread topping as best she could under the circumstances, Lucette handed Michael his bowl and then looked at hers (in the smallest bowl of the set of three) for a few moment, eyeing it rather balefully. Once Michael dug in, he'd discover that the meal most certainly wasn't up to the kind of proper Sivultian onion soup she could put together with a kitchen, seeing as it was missing several of the important ingredients, but it was also probably better than what he'd been having on the mission so far.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 24, 2018, 05:39:50 pm »

Idling at the counter, Elanee realized she had no reason to stay at the shop, now that Abelard had left. Thanking the shop clerk, she left, making her way back towards the entrance where Jack was. Noticing him there, she waved him down and drew close for conversation.
  "Well, I've done my shopping. I'm surprised they had a sin tome, but I'm happy that I snagged it, expect to see a lot more firepower from me soon enough." She said with a confident tone, before lowering her voice.
  "I also found out about a research facility, funded and patrolled by the earl's men, to the south of here. Might have information on other research facilities. The shopkeeper that told me about it didn't know what was researched."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 24, 2018, 05:43:47 pm »

"We're not from the area but we were passing through when we noticed what happened to the other nearby village. Was it Ersht? Are we at war again? I have family back home... A husband and a small child. If we're at war... I want to see them again, you know how it is."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 24, 2018, 05:45:06 pm »

"That is definitely interesting. If they have any interest at all in reverse engineering the second tome, they would absolutely take it to a research facility. If not that one, there may be records of related facilities. Nice work." Jack looked at the book that Elanee had mentioned. "I'm not really sure what that means exactly, but I trust you know how to select the right spells for the job."

The villagers seemed confused. "What nearby village? What are you talking about? I'm sorry but we haven't had any news, which way did you come through...?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 24, 2018, 06:02:46 pm »

Keyleth left the sundry shop, nothing in particular catching her eye (and no one was there anyway). On her way back to the village square, intending to check Skar's scales for damage, she caught sight of Lucette and Michael. The maid appeared to be serving Michael lunch, and looked more dour than usual while doing so.

Wyvern care forgotten for the moment, Keyleth watched the two with a growing feeling of distaste. Memories of her own time spent as a servant flooded her mind, and suddenly her fingers were itching for a weapon. Right then and there, Keyleth decided that she wasn't going to leave Lucette in her situation. Even if it screwed up Jack's mission, she would find a way to free the maid...and make Michael pay in blood if the situation demanded it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 24, 2018, 06:13:46 pm »

"Well, this tome" Elanee shook the sin tome "Is what those fancy steel swords are compared to ordinary iron swords. Its harder to cast, but it's a lot stronger." She paused for a moment, remembering how business for the tome keeper had fell.
  "It'd probably have more than just the earl's men guarding it too, the tome shopkeeper did complain about business going bad after the facility was put up, so it wouldn't be too crazy to assume that the mages there have tomes of their own."
Pausing for a moment, she leaned against a nearby wall, pausing. Now that she had gotten a tome and lead, she wasn't that sure of what to do next. Wait for the others to return to Jack..?
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 24, 2018, 06:19:46 pm »

Jack nodded. "That's valuable information. Let's just hope we don't end up going toe to toe with anything cutting edge." Jack patted the dagger he wore. "Speaking of cutting edge, I don't suppose you saw anything in the way of daggers or knives while you were looking for weapons?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 24, 2018, 07:19:13 pm »

Rune froze, a look of sorrow on her face. They didn't know...

"You... you haven't heard? We've come from the east. There was a village there... Tselino, I think it was called. We were planning on stopping there for supplies but..."

She shook her head, horror crossing her eyes.

"It... it was gone. In its place was a crater, the size of the town. I'd have thought if it was war, news would have spread. But if not war... then what could have done such a thing? Who could have done such a thing..."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 24, 2018, 07:22:17 pm »

"I only visited a tome shop, but I'm sure there's a weapon shop somewhere, Abelard visited the tome shop, and just left for the weapon shop, so if you hurry you could follow him?" Elanee shrugged. "We could go right now, I've got nothing better to do."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 24, 2018, 07:36:37 pm »

"Mmm, it's good, considering what you have to work with!" Michael says cheerfully, utterly unaware of the murderous gaze on him. "Are you going to eat? You need to keep your strength up."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 24, 2018, 08:20:31 pm »

The child didn't seem to understand what was going on, but did notice the shift in the mood and settled down, no longer smiling. The adults in Rune's audience seemed entirely shocked, especially one of the women. She went white as a ghost. "A c-crater?" The other woman immediately turned to the first and took her into her arms.

"Alright, I'll go meet him. Try to get some rest, we're going to get moving soon." Jack took a short time to find Abelard, and joined him in the weapons shop. "Hey, I heard you were on your way to the weapons shop."

The shopkeeper held up a hand. "You heard right friend! Let me show you the good stuff." The shopkeeper opened up the trapdoor again. "The girl with the ponytail already put together an order for your group. Some spears, pilum, throwing axe, sword, armorkiller, and a lance."

"Huh. I'm not seeing anything in the way of... Daggers, knives, darts, what have you."

"I keep that stuff behind the counter, let me show you what I've got. It's not a whole lot, but..."

Spoiler: Hidden (1 each) (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 125