Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79259 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 2
« Reply #780 on: April 15, 2018, 10:08:29 pm »

Rune began a slow dance, the sparks shimmering and trailing around her body. Behind her, he backdrop began to transform, patterns emerging and disappearing, with a small bird flying through the scene even while the rest of the patterns changed seemingly at random. Her dance began to speed up, a look of fierce concentration her face. Spinning in a tight circle, she collapsed down into a split, head reaching down to almos touching her knee.

"And now, does anyone want to see a few magic tricks?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 17, 2018, 06:03:50 am »

Michael nodded, thinking. She probably meant... ooooh.

“Well, wanting to go 'straight' is a fair enough reason. For what it's worth you've done a good job, although I'm sure it doesn't mean much coming from me. But now, seems you've gotten right back to using those skills anyway, without needing to go back to that."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 17, 2018, 05:04:37 pm »

"Oh, Abelard. None? Its a little surprising, but what can we do about it? Its not like magic can conjure booze up from nothing.. Maybe we could find something to tide you over until the next town?" Elanee suggested, while withdrawing some of the funds Jack had given her prior to buy that sin tome.

Buy Sin
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #783 on: April 17, 2018, 05:38:16 pm »

"It's just a bit of a bother that there's no booze, but I can do without. And using magic to create booze would be great."

"You're a scholar, right? How are you holdin' up?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 17, 2018, 06:33:48 pm »

"I miss.. I miss sipping coffee after work, chatting with coworkers.. I guess I also miss the routine. It was fulfilling work, and I enjoyed doing it." Elanee trailed off, before sighing and leaning against the counter with a smile.
  "So that's what we're looking to find next, a tome of booze? I wonder what kind of magic that would be... Anima, light for creating pale ale? Dark for the stronger brews?"
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 17, 2018, 06:42:57 pm »

"You can still do the chatting bit. I mean, not that you'll find smart talk with me."

"Hm. Would the magic shoot out a jet of booze?" Apparently Abelard was also interested in theorizing about booze magic.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 17, 2018, 06:59:23 pm »

"Oh, no. We chatted about everything but work. It was gossip, jokes other social events that were happening... It wasn't really 'smart' conversation."
  "You know, it depends. It could summon a globule of booze and slam it into the target, or it could shoot a jet of high pressure booze.. If it was ancient magic somehow, I'm sure it'd directly inebriate the target beyond safe amounts.."
Elanee started to seem lost in thought, using her finger to scribble imaginary words into the counter top.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:40:01 pm by Ochita »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 17, 2018, 07:25:43 pm »

"Gossips and jokes are part of a seaman's beer and bread." Abelard said with a smile. Chatting was a good way to pass the time at the sea.

"Where'd the booze come from, though? It'd be good even if it was like a way to store booze too. Do you think it's possible?"
>Yes?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 17, 2018, 08:14:41 pm »

"Storing... Storing... Well, magic users use their own magic onto the template of tomes, so the booze comes from a combination of caster power and spell framework. The real problem here is, most energy and forms manifested from tomes don't persist, dissipating soon after they leave the caster's arm." Elanee stopped writing on the counter with a sigh.
  "I really should've lead with that, but there's no way you could enjoy the booze before it evaporates away. It'd probably be easier to get drunk with an ailment staff, but I'm not at all familiar with those."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 17, 2018, 08:17:44 pm »

The shopkeeper set the Sin tome on the countertop, and took his fee. As Abelard and Elanee began to discuss the possibility of a booze tome, he surreptitiously began writing in a notebook behind the counter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 17, 2018, 09:09:13 pm »

"Ah, that's too bad."

"If a booze tome were possible, it'd be killing two birds. Both a weapon and a way to get drunk in one package. Like a bottle full of booze, but better."
>Yes?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 18, 2018, 07:29:01 am »

"I can already see the news, 'tavernkeepers weep as mages make magical booze from books', and then 'Mages weep as booze evaporates'"
  "Ancient tomes could probably do it though, kind of. There's a tome, called poison which poisons and also hurts the target. The poison doesnt last long, but really if you wanted, you could use the same principles from that tome to make a booze tome that's a weapon and inebriates someone, even if its just for a few moments. Probably not as pleasant as getting drunk by drinking." She added, after a moments thought.
She sighed, picking up the sin tome and noticing how intently the shopkeeper was looking down behind the counter. Thinking nothing of it, she shook it off and turned back to Abelard as she pocketed the tome within her robes.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 18, 2018, 08:03:21 am »

Keyleth managed to avoid rolling her eyes at Theo's "insight". Barely.

: "That all seems logical enough. We need to be prepared."
If Theo notices her exasperation, he doesn't act like it. His arrogant smirk is, as it almost always is, undisturbed.
"Excellent. Anything else we missed?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 18, 2018, 10:48:30 am »

The pegasus rider was a little grumpy that Theo had decided to tag along in the first place.  So it was a bit hard to resist ribbing him.

"You could always ask if he could forge ya some godly talents."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 18, 2018, 10:56:10 am »

The man behind the counter at the weapon shop huffed. "I don't have my own forge, this stuff is all domestically imported. And what the hell do you mean 'godly talents?' That some kind of metaphor?"
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 125