Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79254 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 2
« Reply #765 on: April 14, 2018, 11:15:30 pm »

Elanee found her way to a stone building with a tired looking young blonde man behind the counter. "Yeah, its real rough selling here. I used to get more business, but ever since the Giarna research facility was set up south of here a few years back, I get almost no business. Oh well, tomes don't go bad. Here's what I have in dark tomes."

Spoiler: Tomes: Dark (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, at the tavern, Abelard was about to be deeply disappointed. "Sorry sir, but I had my entire stock bought out a few days ago. A shipment got lost somewhere and they needed to replace it, and when the military wants to buy something they damn well buy it."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 14, 2018, 11:59:35 pm »

Rune wandered through the village, trailing colorful sparks through the sky behind her, leaving a glittering path that slowly faded.

"A small performance, for the young and the young at heart. All I ask in return is the answers to a few questions."

Her voiced carried a strong, natural Govitzian accent as she twirled down the path, before ending up in the town square in the middle of the village. Waiting for a crowd, she began to create a shimmering backdrop of magic sparks that gently twinkled in the sun.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 15, 2018, 12:05:34 am »

Lucette, on that quiet bench with her employer, nodded a couple of times, closed her eyes, and sighed.
:"Right... yeah... I suppose that this is probably the best context I could have asked for for this to come up in."
Of course, this was inevitable the moment she had ended up on this mission, but she hadn't been looking forward to Michael realizing just how much she'd kept hidden all these years.
:"I guess I'll just put it this way: I became a maid to stay out of the very same world that I'd be in if I HAD gone for a more appropriate job."
:"...I sure did miss it, though."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 15, 2018, 01:28:23 pm »

Slowly, almost like deer emerging from the woods, a small handful of villagers had gathered around Rune in order to view her performance. A few men in their late thirties, a couple of similarly older women, and a small boy.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 15, 2018, 01:54:16 pm »

"Mind if I join you? A man of my talents cannot make use of them without the appropriate equipment.”
Theo seems to be joining Keyleth and Ria in looking for weapons.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 15, 2018, 03:16:37 pm »

Another stone building held the weapons shop, but most of the weapon racks were bare, with only cheap iron sword and lances left. The fat man in the shop spoke up. "I know it doesn't look like much, but just hold on for a second." He peeled back a rug on the floor that was hiding a trapdoor to a secret compartment. "This is the only way I can keep those animals from robbing me blind whenever they roll through town. I don't have a lot of stock, but what I do have is worth buying, I promise."

Spoiler: Lances (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Swords (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Axes (click to show/hide)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 15, 2018, 05:20:59 pm »

Theo strolls up, looking at the weapons with an impressed look on his face as he gazes between the man and his wares.
"Well, you certainly deliver an excellent arsenal, if a man of my skill may say so! You have our gratitude for these. Every little helps when it comes to dealing with....bandits.

Right. My insight here is that we ought to pick up some swords, maybe one for myself and one of these ones; excellent for piercing armor, which may come in handy against hardier bandits with armor. You two might want to pick up some of the javelins and perhaps one of the lances, in case anything goes south. As for axes, well, Abelard might want one of these throwing hatchets.”

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:26:19 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 15, 2018, 05:21:46 pm »

"Well, I will look into a light magic shop then. My tome only has a few pages left."

Go find a light magic shop.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 15, 2018, 05:41:03 pm »

Evra found herself in the same shop that Elanee was inside. "Yeah, I carry light magic as well."

Spoiler: Tomes: Light (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 15, 2018, 05:57:10 pm »

"Mm, yeah. I hear ya." Elanee agreed, her words laced with a slight Kalgarian accent, humming and going over the books one more time before turning back to the shopkeeper.
"I had no idea that there was a research facility around here. What sort of things do they do, or is it all very hush hush down there-?" Elanee noticed Evra enter, giving her a nod and stepping to the side to give her easier access.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 15, 2018, 06:10:16 pm »

Keyleth managed to avoid rolling her eyes at Theo's "insight". Barely.

: "That all seems logical enough. We need to be prepared."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 15, 2018, 06:22:43 pm »

"No idea. All I know is its funded by the Earl and patrolled by his men. I wish he'd have the decency to keep some around here, but we've had a rough time paying taxes due to some bad harvests the last few years... And without taxes paid, he doesn't send patrols." The man leaned against his counter, idly sliding his fingertip across it in nonsense patterns. "We don't have any skilled fighters around, so when the bandits come we have to roll over and give em what they want. It's mortifying."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 15, 2018, 07:04:17 pm »

"That's pretty messed up then.." Elanee shook her head. "Research is worthy and everything, but even if your village couldn't provide as much as he had hoped, abandoning patrols when there's bandits about.." She shook her head, then remembered what Jack told the villagers. It couldn't hurt to repeat what he said.
  "You should know, the group I was in passed by a fort to the east, and.. Well.. It was filled with corpses, no uniforms or anything. Could be your bandits, but theres no way for telling until they either dont show up again or a runner's sent to check up on it all."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #778 on: April 15, 2018, 08:22:51 pm »

Oh well. The next town or village, for sure! Abelard left the place and walked around for a few moments before finding Elanee and Evra making their purchases.

"Hey girls! There's just no booze around."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 15, 2018, 08:47:19 pm »

The shop owner straightened up a bit. "Honestly? Wow. I don't think I'm gonna be able to get my hopes up just yet, but thanks for the news."
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 125