Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79156 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Prologue
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2017, 07:18:42 pm »

If Theo heard Keyleth's offer, he doesn't seem to care. Or offer any response apart from walking off to get everyone else.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2017, 07:20:38 pm »

With a shrug, Keyleth pockets her whetstone and joins the rest of the assembled mercenaries.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2017, 08:09:00 pm »

Lucette just shrugged, before taking another puff of her cigarillo.
:"Saves me the trouble of going into a lecture on you."
Then Theo swung around to tell the, to gather up, and the maid gestured for her master to follow her as she trundled along.
:"Well, come on then, Mr. Intelligent Man. We've got a briefing to be at."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2017, 08:27:22 pm »

As the last members of the team approached, Jack tapped some ash off of the end on his cigar. "We're about halfway to this ship's destination. I think it's about time I explained our mission in further detail. You've already been sworn to secrecy, and I expect you to remember that. This mission, if failed, could cause another War of Annihilation." The capital letters seemed to slam into place as he spoke the words. The War of Annihilation had claimed more lives than any other conflict in history by a wide margin. "We're after a specific VIP. Joi Hart, former Ersht special forces, and hero of the War of Annihilation. She retired several years ago, but she resurfaced about a week and a half back. She stole two weapons from a research facility in Ersht. Specifically, a pair of tomes." Jack's gaze moved over his team, settling for a moment on Elanee. "The term given by our researchers for these weapons is 'Nullification Tome'. When activated, these tomes project a wide field that essentially erases anything inside it. All that remains afterward is a crater. Govitz must not be allowed the opportunity to reverse engineer these weapons. We need to get into Govitz, kill Joi Hart, retrieve the Tomes, and leave no evidence that she, or us, were ever there. Any questions?"

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2017, 08:36:56 pm »

The archer remained silent in response to the "man with godly talents". From what conversations he had been listening in on thus far, the man was a fool who ran his mouth through one bombastic claim after another, more than he did anything productive. Talk was cheap, and boisterous talk even cheaper; all men could afford it's illusion, but few actually had the coin to give it substance when it mattered.

Perhaps the man with "God Talents" could indeed flip the bill for his claims. But in all likelihood, he was probably just another idiot claiming to have wealth and prosperity, when in truth the coffers of his character were barren.

He stowed the cloth and beeswax, strung the yew stave beside him and slung the quiver across his hip all in one fluid transition as he stood. Before he walked past Theo and towards the Captain however, he paused as the two of them were shoulder to shoulder, nudging his cap up ever so slightly to look the braggart in the eye

"Are you truly a King, or merely a pauper? Time reveals all."
As the last members of the team approached, Jack tapped some ash off of the end on his cigar. "We're about halfway to this ship's destination. I think it's about time I explained our mission in further detail. You've already been sworn to secrecy, and I expect you to remember that. This mission, if failed, could cause another War of Annihilation." The capital letters seemed to slam into place as he spoke the words. The War of Annihilation had claimed more lives than any other conflict in history by a wide margin. "We're after a specific VIP. Joi Hart, former Ersht special forces, and hero of the War of Annihilation. She retired several years ago, but she resurfaced about a week and a half back. She stole two weapons from a research facility in Ersht. Specifically, a pair of tomes." Jack's gaze moved over his team, settling for a moment on Elanee. "The term given by our researchers for these weapons is 'Nullification Tome'. When activated, these tomes project a wide field that essentially erases anything inside it. All that remains afterward is a crater. Govitz must not be allowed the opportunity to reverse engineer these weapons. We need to get into Govitz, kill Joi Hart, retrieve the Tomes, and leave no evidence that she, or us, were ever there. Any questions?"
As the briefing was given and finished, he had only one
"Where will we be making landfall?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2017, 09:25:32 pm »

Nullification tomes? That was some heavy shit. While Abelard could deal with how powerful magic was and how likely it was to fry him from beyond retaliation range, the existence of that kind of weapon just didn't sit well with him. At least you could see standard magic coming, you could dodge it or at least take a shot or two then cut the bastard who was slinging spells at you in half. Something that just erased everything in a huge radius around it? That sounded far too nasty. He was of the opinion not even Ersht should have that kind of stuff—even if they'd claim it'd be a purely defensive weapon in case of emergencies, he doubted it'd be something exclusive to Ersht even if they managed to recover the stolen tomes. It was just a matter of time until Govitz made their own and then...

"Does anyone know her motives?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2017, 09:56:35 pm »

Ria, of course, new the name readily enough.  She'd been raised on stories of the heroes of the war; at least, when she could get her mother to talk about the war at all.  The news of defection came as a quite a shock.  As did word of what, exactly, she ran off with.

"Damned good question.  I'd like to know why she ran off, myself.  And how she managed to run off with these tomes.  But..."

Halfway to Govitz, chasing down a war hero with some sort of... ultra-destructive book.  It might sound fun, if they actually got there.  But.

"Govitz ain't a small country.  Might take a while to track her down, if she hasn't just run to the capital.  Any leads on where in the country she's going?"

"And is there any way you can get this boat to move faster?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2017, 10:26:36 pm »

The woman in the... maid outfit spoke up.
:"Yeah, I've got a question. You expecting any interference or aid from any groups besides Govitz itself?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2017, 12:30:04 pm »

"We have some intelligence in the area. We have reason to believe she's headed for Castle Leonowicz. We'll have to confirm her presence there, and then infiltrate the fortress."

"The Broken Halo won't be docking, and we'll be taking a pair of river boats south down an estuary in northwest Govitz, about a week's March from Leonowicz. We might be able to save some time cutting across the mountains in the area, but weather in the region is unpredictable."

"Apart from lending support in our approach, Ervalt will not be lending assistance for the mission. Sivult is not involved."

"As to Hart's motives... We have no idea."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2017, 12:36:40 pm »

Rune stayed quiet and controlled, a slight tapping of her fingers the only clue that she was not perfectly calm. The whole situation was an awkward one for her, currently made worse by the fact that she didn't know who knew her nationality. She knew Jack did, but had no idea for the rest. Her accent was essentially non-existent given the need for such in her profession. But still. It was bound to come up at some point as well as her history in general. The real question was how would people react when that time came.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2017, 02:22:33 pm »

: "What does it take to set off one of these 'Nullification Tomes'? Will we need to be careful in how we kill the target?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2017, 02:46:24 pm »

"I've been informed that the tomes are keyed to a specific phrase and gesture. It won't be activated any way but intentionally." Elanee had been briefed on the passcode and movement for both tomes, in the event that the tomes needed to be disposed of if death was already certain.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2017, 02:53:49 pm »

: "Last question: do we have a cover story? In case we get spotted and questioned."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2017, 03:22:27 pm »

Elanee bit her lip as the color drained from her face, harsh reality chasing away the buzz of the rum. She knew how bad the war of Annihilation was, how her parents only talked about it hushed tones, and how they attempted to avoid the topic altogether. She nodded as Jack's gaze passed by her. She knew how important this mission was. The fact that she knew the Phase and gestures for the stolen tomes in case of death..
  "I have no questions at this time. I think everyone else has asked what I was going to."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2017, 05:01:43 pm »

All of this was news to Evra. The former war hero Joi Hart a traitor. It was a hard pill to swallow for the War of Annihilation veteran. And frankly, it didn't sit well her.

"There must be some explanation..." she faintly whispered to herself, accidentally giving voice to her inner thoughts.

And then there were the nullification tomes. Things of unprecedented destruction. She could understand the need for such weapons, considering her own circumstances.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 125