Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79247 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 2
« Reply #690 on: April 05, 2018, 08:42:45 pm »

Jack chuckled to himself as Abelard took him to the adjoining room. "Alright, I'll get these open. Have you found anything else I ought to know about?" Jack began gently and carefully manipulating the lock on the nearest chest, making sure not to bend or damage his tools. The first one popped open quickly, revealing 5500 gold.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #691 on: April 05, 2018, 09:01:33 pm »

"Nah, but I wasn't the only one looking 'round, and I decided to tell you about the chests right away."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 05, 2018, 09:49:15 pm »

"Alright then. By the way, how's your weapon holding up? We've been through a few scrapes with minimal equipment, so I need to take stock of everyone's situation." The lock on the second chest gave up, revealing a Thani. "Light magic. I think it's safe to say this is stolen goods, considering we didn't see anyone casting any. It's nice to know that my assessment was correct." Jack straightened up and looked around the small room. "Once we're through sweeping the area, I want you to collect some of the others and start moving the bodies out of the command room. Into this room here is fine, we won't be staying long."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 06, 2018, 12:47:26 am »

"I'll get about as much fighting as we've done so far before I'm left with my fists. I could use another ax. Aye Cap'n." After acknowledging Jack's order and leaving the room, he headed to the rest of the group to get more people.

"We'll need to clean up this place, corpses first, Cap'n's orders. Drag, don't carry."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 06, 2018, 08:28:52 pm »

The archer's eyes had narrowed as he was met with an all to familiar scent. Glancing around the space, he'd masked his mouth with his scarf and nudged the door open, pulling out a pair of well-worn leather gloves. Bow slung over his back, he knelt beside to corpse, and from up close he had a far better picture of what happened to the girl.

: "Heavy bruising, especially around the face. No defensive wounds on the arms or hands, likely suffered it bound up as she is now. Ribs..."

He pressed a hand into the corpse's side. There was a tell-tale give. He examined the face, and noted the blood that had leaked from her mouth and onto the floor, most of it dried into an ugly, moted brown by now. That wasn't from Decomp.
: "Fractures. Fractures everywhere. They Beat the poor thing like a dog... likely died from the internal bleeding. "

He pulled away from the body, took off the gloves, and stepped back to examine the scene.

"Still fully-clothed too, not even a hint of them using her as... that type of plaything. At least that's one fate she didn't have to suffer. Did these fuckers really just kidnap a village girl for no other purpose than to beat her to death for fun, though?"

He shook his head, uttering a silent curse. They were probably all dead by now, torn apart by Evra and the others. He'd never get the answer to why they'd done it. But at least the fuckers responsible were dead now, even if, regrettably, it had not occured under a hail of his arrows. Taking out a handkerchief, he knelt beside her one last time, laying it over her face; She may not have died with any of her dignity left intact, but at least she could have even a modicum of it back now. With the bandits dead, and the mission still far from over, it was really all he could do.

With that small bit of ceremony done, he turned around, and started limping away. Jack would likely be expecting him to report in, after how he'd split off.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 06, 2018, 10:12:38 pm »

Calo probably eventually stumbled onto Abelard dragging corpses to the pilfered treasure room.

"Hey Calo. We're dragging corpses first, Cap'n's orders."
>Yes?

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 06, 2018, 10:43:42 pm »

"That so?" He looked at the fresh bodies with obvious disdain. Though not for the reasons one might assume, given he picked up the nearest one and began following Abelard without much hesitation. "Just got done examining the eastern cells. Most of them were empty... looked like they had taken a prisoner though. A village girl, couldn't have been more than a score old. For some reason, some, or hell, maybe all, of these sick fucks took turns beating the life out of her. By my estimates, she'd been laying dead in there for over a week...still tied up. Kinda makes me pissed that I decided to break off for recon when I did... but it looks like you all took out the trash here just fine."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:45:48 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 06, 2018, 10:50:27 pm »

"Yeah. Nothing we can do."
>Yes?

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 06, 2018, 10:53:59 pm »

Still unsatisfied with her findings, but with nothing else to report, Evra decided to inform Jack of what she'd found. She caught him just in time to miss Abelard heading out to gather the others.

"Looks like they had nothing of value here, Jack. There are some supplies we should be able to take with us, but other than that there's nothing for us here. Well, except the shelter we were seeking."
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 06, 2018, 10:57:07 pm »

Jack shrugged. "That's a little disappointing. Sweep the rest of the complex. This room may not be the best place for us all to rest, and its possible there may be another cache somewhere, considering we've found two separate ones."

As Calo and Abelard dropped off a pair of bodies, Jack looked to Calo. "You were looking into the cells during the action, right? Give me your report." Jack reached down to his pocket, but stopped and dropped his hand to his side.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 06, 2018, 11:11:33 pm »

With all the concise detail of an experienced scout, he immediately launches into the recollection

"The eastern cells are devoid of anything of immediate use. The bandits had a single prisoner there however; female, no more than 20 years old. Decomposition suggests she's been dead for at least a week. The injuries I examined tell of an extended period of abuse, though oddly enough, purely in a physical sense; she was still fully clothed and I found no signs suggesting sexual assault. She eventually succumbed to, as best I can tell, internal bleeding brought on by a series of severe blows to the abdomen. Most of her ribs were either fractured in multiple places or broken outright. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that given the proximity, she may well have been abducted from that village, before it became a smoking crater."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 06, 2018, 11:13:41 pm »

"A corpse and no rum." Abelard commented as he left the men to carry another corpse.
>Yes?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 06, 2018, 11:36:43 pm »

Jack's expression darkened. "Damn." Jack made a disgusted sound, and stepped out of the small room that was already beginning to smell. "It's disgusting, but there's not much sense dwelling on what happened to her. At least she got some kind of justice. Come on, let's move the rest of these animals." Jack set to dragging other bodies to the dumping room with Abelard. "Oh, and Calo, you're handling first watch."

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 06, 2018, 11:45:21 pm »

"Very well. I'll take someone with me then. Just in case there are more bandits skulking around."

As she pondered just who to grab, Abelard and Calo came back and dropped off some the bandits' bodies. As Calo gave his report Abelard was already heading out for another. Only one option then. After Calo had finished his report and Jack had given his response she spoke up.

"Do you mind if I take Calo with me to finish searching this place, Jack?"
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 06, 2018, 11:52:54 pm »

"I heard," The scout says, going back to get another body himself "If these fuckers have any friends who were absent from our little party and show up late, I'll be happy to put a few feathers in-between their eyes."

It was just then however, that Evra requested he accompany her. The scout shrugged, shifting the weight of the body he carried in the process

"I admit that it probably would be helpful to get acquainted with the rest of the perimeter, before night falls. There was another passage off to the east, wasn't there?"
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 125