Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79150 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Prologue
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2017, 11:58:57 pm »

"Cheers!" And so, Elanee took a breath, and swigged a fair bit of the mug, coughing as she took a breath.
  "Whew~ That's how you're meant to drink, right?" A fair blush settling on her cheeks, as she wiped her mouth with her other hand.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:14:07 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2017, 12:01:42 am »

Abelard was surprised Elanee decided to take a swig instead of meekly sipping like he'd expected. He just barely suppressed a laugh, specially after noticing her face got flush with pink in record time.

"Yeah, that's how you drink it. It's swigging or nothing." He then took another swig from his bottle.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2017, 12:12:13 am »

Ria was in much the same boat as the others. Which is to say, all of them were trapped aboard the Broken Halo.  Which, for the young aviator, was something of a personal hell.

Most of the time, she didn't mind sailing.  Sure, far out from land, there wasn't much to break up the monotony of the sea.  But when she could fly freely above it...  The ocean was a wonderful thing.  Warm wind running through your hair, lifting you and your partner up far above the sparkling waves, letting you glide for miles before you had to fly your way back to ship.  She'd spent the days doing that, the last time she'd made this trip, just enjoying the sun on her skin and chasing after the occasional pod of dolphin for the sheer joy of it.

This time?  This time, she couldn't even go on a brief jump with the excuse of stretching Val's wings, let alone start a proper flight.  Sure she understood that Jack thought he had his reasons.  Secrecy, and all that.  But you couldn't keep someone like her or her mount on a ship like this for so long, trying to get their sea legs when they were barely used to using land legs.  She'd tried to explain that the last time she got caught trying to sneak off for a quick soar--arguing in the face of his lecture--but to no avail.  It wasn't as though she'd get hurt, or caught, or draw attention.  She was too quick for that, and the clouds concealing enough not to worry, not that someone more used to the ground would understand it.    All to no avail.

So she was sitting on the ship, as miserable as her pegasus, trying desperately to find some way to entertain herself.  So far, she'd only really managed to get in on a couple card games and the start of a single brawl, broken up near as soon as it started while earning her another lecture in the process.  Which left her--now that she'd finished grooming Valiance for the day--sulking on the bow of the ship, painfully bored, a well-worn book resting in her lap as she watched the clouds pass by.

...Though occasionally, her eyes did dip back to the others on the ship.  One of Jack's men had brought rum, apparently.  She might have to steal a swig or two of that, later.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2017, 12:21:12 am »

While Abelard took swigs of his bottle and waited to see how wasted Elanee would get, he noticed a few glances in the group's direction and waved in Ria's direction short afterwards.

"Hey, come and join us if you want to. We have enough rum for a dozen here." Well, a dozen normal people and maybe three or four Abelards.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2017, 12:30:51 am »

Elanee took another swig, sighing before wiping her mouth again.
  "I guess Alcohol isn't too bad like this... But... I shouldn't get too drunk.." Taking a deep sigh, she started to cool down a little.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:14:26 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2017, 12:38:37 am »

"It helps take the edge off the time spent sailing, specially for those who aren't used to it." Abelard commented. "I've heard rum's better with some cheese or any other snacks to avoid getting drunk too fast. I'm just used to the bottle, though."
>Yes?

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 12:49:40 am »

The aviator tilted her back and forth, as if considering it.  Then she gave a little 'meh,' pushed herself to her feet, and strode over with long, clunking, and slightly clumsy steps.  Still, at least she could walk the deck of the ship without tripping easily enough.

Ria barely came up to Abelard's chest, as she strode nearer to the pair.  But for such a short girl, she had a remarkably easy time yoinking a bottle out of the man's hand, giving him a grateful nod as though he'd just handed it to her, and taking a big old swig of the stuff.  She passed it back with a little grin as she passed it back and gulped it all down, her head feeling.  Well, actually, kinda fuzzy.  She was still pretty small, after all.  Still.

"Ah...  That's better.  Thanks for that, squid."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2017, 01:00:28 am »

It wasn't like Abelard was holding onto the bottle for dear life either, since he was supposed to share it.

"You're welcome, pipsqueak."
>Yes?

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2017, 01:28:32 am »

"Pipsqueak?  I'm not that short, squid.  Even if I'm a bit closer to sea level than I'd like."

She was definitely that short.  Compared to Abelard, at the very least.  Though the grumpy little glower she gave Jack suggested that personal elevation was currently a topic of annoyance for her, one way or another.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2017, 01:52:09 am »

"Heh. Keep drinking and I'm sure you'll get tall at some point." Abelard quipped.
>Yes?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 10:42:54 am »

Jack took a long drink of rum, cigar held in his off-hand. He knew that Ria took exception to his orders that she remain grounded, but he wasn't going to change his mind. Not worth getting into it right now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 04:11:13 pm »

Rune blankly stared at him for a few seconds and then shook her head.

"I'm out. You have fun dealing with him now."

She turned and walked away, not even looking back at him. She found herself over by a woman dressed in a full set of armor, sharpening her spear. She considered her for a second and then sighed.

"Well you can't be worse than the other guy..."
Without looking up from her task, the armored woman spoke.

: "Are you speaking to me?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017, 04:33:12 pm »

Theodore seems oddly un-flabbergasted by Rune's response, shrugs and heads off to find someone else to pester.

UnFortunately for them, the drinking party is Theodore's next victim next target.
"A drinking party, is it?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2017, 05:03:08 pm »

"Yeah, suppose so. Mostly was just trying to get away from the idiot over there. He was annoying and was showing no signs of stopping. I can leave if you'd rather sharpen your spear in peace though."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2017, 05:12:08 pm »

After a couple of whetstone swipes, the woman spoke again.

: "You can stay. Idiots aren't easy to deal with." A few more swipes, then Keyleth examined the spearpoint critically. "I saw you using magic. What do you do?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 125