Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79198 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #330 on: January 10, 2018, 10:46:03 pm »

Rune couldn't help but overhear Jack's comments. Debating internally for a quick second, she glanced down at Theo, gave a mental shrug and made her way over to the group's boss.

"I know the area you're talking about. There's a fort up in the mountains. Ancient. Almost certainly abandoned since there's no reason for military to have a force there. But it could give us a place to rest at least."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 10, 2018, 10:57:42 pm »

Jack turned to look at Rune, seeming intrigued. "Is that so? We'll head that way then. Hopefully there's a roof to huddle under while we work out our next move."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 10, 2018, 11:09:59 pm »

Lucette rolled her eyes (though only one was visible at the moment) at Jack’s remark, and then put a hand out to Jack’s shoulder (the one on his good arm) to keep him steady, raising her staff again with her other hand.
:"Right, now I just need you to keep your arm very still, Jack...
She shifted her grip on her staff so she was palming the orb, and brought it close to his arm, the glow of its magic shining as she healed the spy once again, with especial focus on his arm.

With that taken care of, she raised an eyebrow at Jack’s offer before thinking it through briefly.
:"...yes, I do need a little help. But make it quick, the only part that I need immediate help with is my brow so I can see properly. If push comes to shove, I trust my ability to heal myself on Michael’s horse more than I trust everyone else’s ability to get back into shape before we have to go without me helping.

Lucette turned to look at Rune — had she worked in this area before? Was she a defector? Questions to ponder later when she didn’t have important things to do.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:14:57 pm by Powder Miner »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 10, 2018, 11:16:06 pm »

Jack nodded, and removed his container of vulnerary from a beltpouch. Carefully, and gently, Jack applied the medicine to the cut on Lucette's head with two fingers. "That should get you there, at least until you can take care of yourself a little better."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 10, 2018, 11:24:07 pm »

"How are you?" Abelard asked as he approached the spot where Elanee, Theo and Michael were. Compared to how much they'd been roughed up, he looked almost as good as new.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 11, 2018, 01:22:40 am »

Lucette let out a relieved sigh as the wound on her brow healed up, even as the other arrow was still jutting out of her torso.
:"Ahhhh, fuck, that helps. Thanks Jack. Good to have someone who can actually help back instead of making me do all the goddamn work... but speaking of work, I need to go deal with the others.
And immediately, Lucette ran over to Elanee, healing the heavily wounded mage with a tap of her staff.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 11, 2018, 05:13:20 am »

Theo's eyes flutter open to Rune's voice, his wounds being closed by the magical balm. He gives her a (thankfully) unnoticed curious glance, as if this were the first kindness ever done for him as she leaves him with the vulnerary.

As Theo pulls himself to his feet and takes the vulnerary Rune leaves him, he gives Elanee another glance, his eyes flickering between the vulnerary and her prone body. For a moment, his smug expression falters, a more pensive one taking its place.
"....Never again...."
But just a moment.

Then Lucette runs over and heals her, making his decision for him. He looks away quickly, hoping Lucette didn't notice, or didn't misinterpret.

A man of godly talents wasn't supposed to care.

Theo attends to his own wounds adeptly and quickly, with practiced efficency; this wasn't the first time, nor would it be the last, that he'd gotten badly scratched up. He quickly reassembles his smug expression as if nothing had ever happened, adjusting his collar as he limps towards the rest of his group, directing his next sentence towards Rune.
"A man of my talents is no island, and sometimes, occasionally, he may need assistance. But only occasionally. I suppose some thanks are in order."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:22:59 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:45 am »

Evra would find Calo busy inspecting the body of one of the foreign Archers. Specifically he seemed to have raided the quivers of the dead, taking whatever arrows they had left for his own future use. As she approached he held one of their bows in his hands, turning it over and over as he thoroughly scrutinized the craftsmanship. Eventually though, with his poker face broke into a look of utter disgust at what he found, disgust which only grew as his eye picked up on yet more critical flaws. Wishing to see no more of the amateur hour, he deftly unstrung the weapon and snapped the stave over his knee, tossing the remains back to the dead archer.
"Hmph, fool of a govitian. You dared take me on with such shoddy craftsmanship as this?  My sister could put take a bow from raw stave to firing ready herself, and it would still be better than this shite... and she's scarce but a child. Pathetic, a disgrace upon both its maker and bowyers everywhere- probably mass produced with no soul or character put in."

It was only then however, that he noticed Evra's prescence...
"Ah, it's you. Good to see you're still standing." he mused, "Think nothing of it- simply supporting my comrades the one way I could while.... pinned down. Though I will admit, it seems none of these lugs thought to carry any medical provisions... shoddy craftsmanship and preparation, even when they had the drop on us. Who would've imagined? Either way, I appreciate it."

He lifted his shirt in compliance to her, showing the full extent of the halberd wounds marring his abdomen. Shallower than they'd originally been thanks to his own first aid, no longer reaching any of his internals. But still painfully red and raw nonetheless.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 11, 2018, 12:25:31 pm »

Calo's display piqued Evra's interest.

"Are you a bowyer yourself? Surely you must have made your bow then? However, what will happen when your bow breaks? We don't have the supplies, or likely the time, to properly maintain our weapons. Will you settle for the scraps we can take from our enemies or will you insist on crafting your own weapon?"

Evra poured a bit of her own vulnerary on her hands and carefully applied it to the archer's wounds. She spoke as she tended to his wounds.

"They were likely just the remains of the ones responsible for this crater. Hopefully, this means they didn't expect people like us, at least not so soon."
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 11, 2018, 01:13:54 pm »

"Indeed I am," the archer responded. There might have been a hint of pride in his voice, but it was quickly drowned out by the same nuetral tone as always "My name is Calo Aurelius, eldest son of Boone Aurelius, and heir to the Bayard name. You are correct about this bow as well- I fashioned it out of scrap wood and whatever materials I could scrounge together, made it look non-descript, rough and unfinished, all so that there could be no obvious trace of where it came from or who made it."

He winced involuntarily as the medicine went to work. It was a sting he was all too familiar with, yet one still never quite got used to it, in his experience.

"Hmph, as for whether I'd craft my own... well, what I have here is already leagues better than the shite these men armed themselves with... if given time and quality materials, I could likely make something they could scarce dream of. But I am no fool- time and supplies are both luxuries that we've none of here, and a good sniper uses skill to compensate where their equipment falls short. If push comes to shove, which it already has, and doubtlessly will again, I will take whatever is available... no matter how strongly I detest the quality. And I do suppose a routine patrol has less reason to carry sufficient field supplies than a death squad does... so fair point.
          What of you though? That was no ordinary light magic you used on that rider- by my reckoning there's nothing left to bury. Almost reminds me of the stories my father and other soldiers used to tell... though none of them ever seemed able to keep the details consistent between each other."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:21:39 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 11, 2018, 01:20:55 pm »

"Too bad there's no booze left to celebrate a good victory."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 11, 2018, 04:22:53 pm »

Keyleth used some of her medicine to treat her own wounds, and sacrificed some water from her canteen to clean up. With the adrenaline rush from the kill on its way out and her headache fading, the wyvern rider was soon back to her business-like self. She approached Jack.

: "We should check the bodies for any intelligence, or gold. As complicated as this mission is becoming, we'll need more of both."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 11, 2018, 05:00:29 pm »

Jack nodded. "Alright, start searching bodies. Make it quick though. We're bugging out as soon as Lucette says everyone can walk." Jack moved toward the nearest body, and began checking through pockets.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 11, 2018, 05:02:33 pm »

Keyleth nodded and began picking her way through the scattered bodies as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 11, 2018, 05:35:00 pm »

Keyleth didn't find anything- Whoever these men were, they'd carried only weapons, and the occasional water skin. They had to be based nearby, judging by the lack of provisions or even personal effects. There was no gold, nor any written orders.

Jack looked up from another body. "Coming up dry over here. Anything on yours?"
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 125