Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79174 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Prologue
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2017, 07:14:56 pm »

As the team was healed by Lucette, the crew that had gone below deck began to return, each of them carrying spoils from the Govitian vessel.

"Any high quality weapons, gold, that sort of thing...?"

The nearest crewman shook his head. "Nah, food and maintenance equipment. A couple nautical charts, but that won't be of value to you."

"Damn. I guess three thousand will have to do it if we need money. Once you've recovered everything, scuttle this thing." Jack puffed on his cigar again.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 20, 2017, 11:03:32 am »

Rune decided to move on to the next step of her practice, moving while manipulating the flames. Standing up, she began a steady simple dance while humming along, moving the flames in an intricate pattern around her body, flaring them up and down at various points in the song. Just as she began to speed up, all of her small flames suddenly flashed bright and then dissipated as she tripped and landed on her face having gone temporarily blind in the flash.

"Dammit... Ugh, I'm really rusty, huh?"

It had been too long since she'd been undercover as a performer and she'd lost a lot of the tricks she'd developed it seemed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2017, 10:46:15 pm »

"Here, you need it more than I do."

After being healed, Abelard offered Elanee and Ria a drink from his emergency rum flask before joining the scuttling efforts.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2017, 11:28:38 pm »

Elanee took the offered flask, letting a swig into her mouth before offering the flask to Ria before returning it to Abelard if she turns it down.
  "Thanks, I'll figure out some way to pay your kindness back."
After he leaves, Elanee sighs and leans against the railing, looking at the scuttling efforts.
  "Well, that could've gone better.."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2017, 06:44:46 pm »

Once the entirety of Jack's crew was back onto the Broken Halo, along with a number of barrels filled with provisions and supplies, several of the ship's crew went belowdecks on the enemy vessel for several minutes. Soon, it began to sink lower in the water as those crewmen hurriedly returned, soaking to the waist as they scrambled back to the Broken Halo.

~Chapter 1: Mission Start~

Jack and his crew were advanced to a bay in Northwest Govitz, evading further engagements with the Govitz Navy. At the dawn of the day of landfall, the skies were dark and filled with clouds. The air was cold, and thick with sea spray and salt. As the coastline crept into sight, Jack gave the order for his crew to be assembled. As the crew came together, the sails were reefed, and the ship began to slow... 

Jack was standing in front of an open, empty chest on the deck. "Alright, we're about to ship off. If you have any effects remaining on your person that didn't originate in Govitz, you'll need to leave them behind. The only exception will be for your clothing. I don't expect you to get out of that, and if any of us were to be captured, the make of your clothes is the least of our problems." For his part, Jack withdrew the last of his cigars, and used his crystal to light one. He held up the other two. "Any takers?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2017, 07:47:54 pm »

Keyleth didn't keep personal effects, and her lance was so generic that it didn't even have maker's marks. That just left Skar.

: "They keep wyverns in Govitz, right sir?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2017, 08:15:37 pm »

"I expect your mount to be very useful for scouting and possibly circumventing rough terrain. He's fine."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2017, 08:23:00 pm »

: "Roger that, sir." That was good. She'd rather ditch the mission entirely than leave her only friend behind.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 30, 2017, 04:03:10 pm »

"I'll have to purchase another flask for emergencies in Govitz. Glad clothes don't count or the few bandanas I brought would be in trouble." Abelard left his—now empty—flask for emergencies in the chest.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2017, 07:02:37 pm »

"We won't exactly be doing a lot of drinking, so maybe wait until you can get back to yours. Incidentally, we may have a chance to procure other, better tools. We're going to be heading south to a small town called Tselino. We won't be there long though."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2017, 10:24:05 pm »

"Pfeh.  Nothing they could identify; this ain't my first time here, Smoke."

She'd had her fun flying around after the battle back aboard the ship was done--and after shrugging off Lucette's lack of good humor, once she was healed up--though it hadn't been long before the girl was grounded (shipped?) once again.  Ria spent the rest of the voyage in much the same state as she'd started it.  Though at least the promise of nearby land, and the possibility of flying again, was enough to keep her going.  And get damned eager, once land was finally in sight.

"So long as I have Vali here, I'm fine."

"Speaking of.  What's our cover, should we--or fangs over there--get downed away from friendlies?  Just go with recon fliers from Sivult and hope they decide to swap us over in the next exchange?"

"Not that I will be, naturally.  Just wanna know where we stand."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:26:28 pm by Lucus Casius »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2017, 01:03:17 pm »

"Tselino... Sounds good boss. I may do some scouting around when we get there. See if I can learn anything about the situation here from the locals. That sort of thing."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 01, 2017, 10:15:17 pm »

"Just Jack is fine. And I'll grant you the leeway you need to get us additional intel- though hopefully local contacts can give us what we need."

"I don't think you'll wind up in that sort of bind without the rest of us. I don't want either of you flying too far afield. Stick to low altitude scouting."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2017, 07:21:19 am »

Elanee fumbled around in her robes, withdrawing the same tourist booklet she was reading earlier, along with a couple of notebooks, followed by writing materials before slowly putting it all into the chest.
  "That's all I got on me."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2017, 02:37:15 pm »

"Works for me. Skar's not exactly the fastest thing in the air so I don't think I could get out of support range unless I tried to."

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 125