Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79169 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Prologue
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2017, 05:29:57 pm »

With Keyleth fully recovered, Jack stood to supervise the crew of the Broken Halo, who were now canvassing the deck. Rune approached him then, none too subtly hinting at her desire for a weapon. "Hmmm. Fair enough. We weren't able to procure a Govitian light tome on short notice- I'm given to understand that's your school of choice- so we'll have to grab one once we make landfall. Unless there's one on this ship." Jack glanced around at the bodies laying broken and still on the deck. "Don't get your hopes up though. I only saw anima casting, and I'm sure you already know most casters stick to one discipline." Jack pulled out a fresh cigar, and used his enchanted crystal to light it.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2017, 05:36:29 pm »

"No, that's right. Still... I have some small training with anima, specifically fire. Just the sort of tricks that might entertain a crowd... Most of these tomes are probably not overly useful, but I might be able to work on expanding some of those... Thank you. Sir."

She gave him another short salute before heading over to inspect the bodies and tomes of the slain enemies.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2017, 05:41:41 pm »

: "That feels better" Keyleth mumbled as a sort of "thanks". "I assume we took them all? Can't have any unfortunate witnesses."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2017, 05:44:12 pm »

Jack stopped mid-inhale on his cigar, and blew out a short puff of smoke as he eyed Rune. "Is that so? Hm. Alright, go ahead, see if you can find one." Jack watched Rune as she made her way off for a few moments before shifting his attention back to the friendly crew, who were about half done sweeping the deck for anything of value.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2017, 05:52:33 pm »

"Haaaaa..."

It didn't take her long, with the offer of a hand and the help of the healer, for Ria to pull herself back to her feet.  Though the girl still needed to lean on her spear after releasing her grip on the sailor, wobbling faintly before the others.  Though whether this was due to weakness from her wounds, or a continued lack of interest in developing sea legs, was hard to say.

If the former, she certainly looked rather giddy for it all.  And all the more as her pegasus circled back around from its breath solo flight, landing upon the deck with a clatter as it went to nuzzle its rider.  The girl gave a little snicker, rubbing its chin.

"Well, wouldn't mind the rum- but I can't say I need it.  Felt good enough to get a bit of wind under me, and to get a bit of action!"

The girl swayed a little.  This time, the apparent wooziness probably was from simple blood loss.  As was the little half-exhausted, half-thrilled giggle and wink she gave as Lucette brought her healing magic to bear upon her.

"And best of all, none of the cuts I took from those squids will be enough to keep me down thanks to you, Jack be damned.  Thanks, miss.  You really maid my day."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2017, 06:42:31 pm »

Lucette being Lucette, her immediate reaction to the giggle and wink and pun of Ria was to stare at Ria with an unimpressed, vaguely-fed-up look just long enough for the last embers of the humor to die pathetically. Only then did she speak.
:"If I hear that damn line yet again I may in fact die on the spot. But, no, it wouldn't be good to have people hanging around wounded, and it is in fact my job to take care of it. And speaking of..."

Lucette turned and glared in the direction of Jack, now stomping on over towards him.

Her arrival was, naturally, heralded by the increasingly audible muttering that was hard to distinguish as to herself or towards Jack.
:"..ook at me, I'm Mr. Too Tough And Elite To Group Up With The Wounded, makin' me walk separately over, it's like herding cats..."
Towards the end of that little excerpt, she had walked right up to Jack, and lifted her staff, looking him in the eyes, before healing his wounds.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2017, 06:54:16 pm »

"Thanks." Jack fished out another cigar, and extended it to Lucette. "You still smoke?" By now, the crew were moving below deck, having finished their search topside.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2017, 06:58:41 pm »

Rune managed to find a tattered tome near one of the enemy mages. Picking it up and noting the stylized flame on the front, she gave a content nod. Moving back over to their ship and sitting on the deck, she began to run through old exercises, creating and manipulating small coin sized flames, dancing them around her body as she quietly hummed a tune.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2017, 07:13:56 pm »

Lucette let out a still irritated sigh before taking the cigar and replying to Jack, only slightly begrudgingly:
:"Yeah, I smoke more. Not gonna be able to fool with my tinderbox, so can you give me a light?"
She turned back out towards the rest of the ship.
:"If you're wounded, get in this... general fuckin' vicinity, I guess."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2017, 07:26:49 pm »

Jack expertly lit Lucette's cigar with his crystal. He lowered his voice so only Lucette would be able to hear. "What do you think of the team? In terms of cohesion."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2017, 09:19:43 pm »

Lucette took the lit cigar, and puffed at it, looking over the rest of the team, before speaking in a similarly quiet tone to Jack.
:"I'll tell you what, we're, they're, whatever, no Lémieuxs. You've got a couple of pairs of people who seem to already be getting all flirty, but I saw a pretty discouraging lack of coordination during the battle, especially regarding our wounded. I suppose it's to be expected since we're hardly familiar and I don't even know anyone's names but yours and Michael's anyway, but it'll need work."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2017, 09:48:05 pm »

Jack put away his crystal and took a pull on his own cigar. "Well, I guess we can't expect perfect synergy right away. Do you see the potential for it there, though?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2017, 03:28:38 am »

:"Hell, maybe. I doubt they're going to be turning on each other, if that's what you mean, but if you get too far into into the whole social analysis, you're getting out of my areas of expertise: the one you're more familiar with that I ain't got the gear for, or unfortunately, babysitting."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:34:34 am by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2017, 04:04:07 am »

Theodore, for his part, simply seems unperturbed, despite having spent most of the battle unconscious. He briefly looks torn between actually looking grateful for Lucette's heal, before very rapidly masking it with his usual brashness.
"Hmph. Even a man of my godly talents can make mistakes. Still, at least our healer was able to keep up, which is....commendable."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2017, 12:24:57 pm »

"Well, time for my emergency drink." Without the need to keep Ria and Elanee propped up, Abelard started gulping down some of his emergency supply as he headed towards Lucette to get his healing done.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 125