Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79289 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 3
« Reply #1140 on: August 16, 2018, 07:56:05 pm »

Ria opened her eye, craning her neck back from the bag she was using as a makeshift pillow to peer up at Keyleth's backside on the rock.  Her shift wouldn't be for a few hours, now, so she got the chance to relax.

"Wouldn't bet on it, dragon-girl.  I've got five bucks on him trying some dumb stealth attack that forces us to leave Vali and Scales over there behind in order to sneak through some sorta sewers."
Keyleth scowled, not because she disagreed but because it seemed all too likely.

: "Not taking that bet. It sounds like the sort of thing they might come up with."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 16, 2018, 08:46:25 pm »

After a few moments of standing around feeling a touch lost, Lucette sighed and pulled off her headband. Though she certainly had her reasons for continuing to wear the maid outfit, the skirt and blouse were bad enough for credulity on their own, with the damned hairpiece on Lucette couldn't take herself seriously. She stowed it in her pocket, and then she walked on down to the rest of the group, positioning herself in front of them before speaking.
:"Well, I spoke with Jack. I'm afraid he just left for the complex -- I made him agree to keeping his life a top priority, but that's about it. He also put me in command for now. Said that if he doesn't show up in forty-eight hours, we should send someone to observe the complex "from the exterior only". If he really doesn't show up in fourty-eight hours, though, we'll see."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 16, 2018, 09:10:16 pm »

"Shame.  I wanted a free lunch."

The girl rolled over, nestling her chin on her arms.

"Anyway, I ain't doin' it if the old man does order that.  I dunno about you, but I didn't come here to let Vali get nabbed by some red while I went tramplin' through a bunch a muck.  Even if it'd be funny to know whoever tried got the thrashing of a lifetime for their troubles."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 16, 2018, 09:13:19 pm »

:"Yeah, well, we'll have to see won't we? If he dies we're all fucked anyway, and if we die, well, we die. If I have to, I'm going to try to maneuver us so neither happens. Might not involve trying to sneak te-- ...sneak nine people through some bushes or something stupid like that."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: August 16, 2018, 09:25:33 pm »

Rune had settled at the edge of the group, her standard location, but a small shake of her head was her only response to Jack's decision to scout by himself. Of course he was. Well, on his head be it. Their mission was important, but if he was set on getting himself killed, that was his choice at the end of the day. Lucette being in command was somewhat surprising but also made sense. She was sensible, if easily angered, and was clearly close to Jack. The only other option would have been Evra and after everything with Calo... Well, perhaps having the more pessimistic one was a smart choice.

Stretching, she gave a somewhat fake yawn and stood back up.

"Talking about dying won't do anything for us. Neither will arguing about who will go. If we need more people to scout, I'll go. I can disguise myself decently enough to pass a quick look. Whoever else wants to come can do it. Any other questions? Because if not, we should set up camp and try and get as much rest as we can in enemy territory."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 17, 2018, 07:33:01 pm »

: "This whole country is "enemy territory". If you haven't figured out how to get enough rest in it by now you're going to have a long mission ahead of you.

"Anyway, forty-eight hours? I hope Jack - or you - doesn't intend for the two of us to keep watch all that time."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 17, 2018, 09:45:08 pm »

:"I don't think he did. We just need to keep watch on our own camp for the most part, now, until either those forty-eight hours or up or I get another indication that something's gone to shit."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 17, 2018, 09:50:53 pm »

The day passed into night. In the distance, the research facility could be seen to be bathed in warm torch light. From this distance, it was impossible to see patrols within the walls, though there was little movement outside of them. The night stretched on and on until the sky lightened, and the night retreated. The morning passed without event.

Early in the afternoon however, a low whine could be heard coming from the fort. A few members of the group could recognize it, even at this distance. It was an emergency siren. Something had put the research facility on alert. Keyleth was on watch when it happened, and she could make out heightened activity within the facility, as those guards beyond the walls ran back inside.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: August 17, 2018, 10:12:18 pm »

Lucette had waited impatiently through the day, the night, and then the rest of the day... twenty-four hours or so had passed, by Lucette's reckoning, and though Jack had given her a forty-eight hour estimate, she knew she was going to be antsy for the following twenty-four. She wished she didn't have to weight the full damnable forty-eight hours.

Of course, Lucette immediately was given reason to be careful what she wished for, because she could hear the sound of what was probably the facility being put on alert.
:"Fuck...! Hey, Jack told me that if the facility goes on alert, we have the authorization to go down there and get him, and unless you fancy being stuck here if he gets himself killed, I suggest you pony up! We'll need to find a direction to get in that WON'T immediately get us overwhelmed, but get ready and let's go, people, fast!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 18, 2018, 11:11:02 am »

"Damn it all. Those mongrels.....

Lucette, what are your orders? And do you have a plan for retreat, should it be necessary?"

Theodore springs to action, sword in hand already, his eyes looking to their current leader for orders. He left the last part unsaid, the unspoken implication of Jack's failure, should retreat be encouraged or even necessary.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: August 18, 2018, 02:34:54 pm »

Michael had been fairly quiet, since seeing Calo's body. He'd known things were serious, but he'd hoped against hope the group may have been able to make it out without losing a soul. But that, as Calo had unfortunately proven, was not to be the case. He did not regret going on this mission - but it certainly seemed more dangerous now than it had the previous day.

In regards to Lucette taking charge, the young noble had perhaps less complaint then one would expect. He respected the woman greatly even if she was still, technically, his servant, and trusted her to lead more than he'd trust himself, at the least. So he was perfectly fine following her orders. As the alarm sounded, he knew what it would likely mean, and grabbed his weapons.

"Well, let's get going then!" Michael said, quickly mounting his horse and offering Lucette a hand to get on as well.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 18, 2018, 04:25:12 pm »

"Guess the old man wasn't as sneaky as he thought, huh?"

Ria slid down from her position on the rock, rushing over to toss the saddle back on her pegasus and get her ready for combat duty.  Fortunately, it wouldn't take that long before she was able to pull herself on the feathered horse's back, lance in hand.

"Alright!  Let's fly!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 18, 2018, 07:01:06 pm »

Lucette took Michael's aid to get onto his horse, calling out her orders as she did.
:"Right, let's go get him out of there! We can't really avoid going loud, so stay together, don't get separated, and let's see if we can't hit 'em hard enough to give Jack a way out! We're going to have to hit the front entrance, unfortunately, but if we stick together and move fast enough I think we can overwhelm who they have posted there! Come on!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 18, 2018, 07:17:31 pm »

As the group approached, the siren wound down for just a moment, then began to wind back up. A distant voice could be heard over it. "Research teams, be advised: The facility is under genuine attack. This is not a drill! Secure the labs!"

~Player Phase 1~

Objective: Reunite with Jack!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

EXP: 0/100

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 19, 2018, 10:12:17 am »

7-12, cold front the horsie
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 125