Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79286 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 3
« Reply #1110 on: August 15, 2018, 02:27:34 pm »

"Have some faith in our leader. I've heard enough about him through....reputation, we shall say. A man of his talents has his methods of escaping the attention of mere mongrels."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 15, 2018, 02:30:55 pm »

:"You'd better not. If you're only the second-best scout we brought, then, well... remember, if you're dead chances are the mission too -- and quite possibly us, though we wouldn't just roll over and die either. You are a critical piece of the mission here, and make sure to balance the dangers you put yourself in with that."

Lucette then heard Theo speak, and gave him another withering look, pulling her cigarillo out.
:"Yeah, buddy, I've worked with him myself. I know he's good -- and that was several years ago, to boot, so add on all the sharpening he's done since then. But it doesn't change the importance of what I'm saying."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 15, 2018, 03:23:34 pm »

If Theo is mildly perturbed by Lucette's glare, he's not showing it through his usual, overconfident smirk.
"Nonetheless, he's the best candidate to go on his own; even a man of my talents must concede it to him. You're not wrong to be concerned for him, but it's an unavoidable risk, unless we want them to catch us off guard and for us to lose more of our own."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 15, 2018, 03:25:58 pm »

"Heh, yeah.. I suppose that would be.."
Elanee stopped speaking when the reality of Calo's death sunk in. She knew that this wasn't going to be safe, that they had just been in combat, but even so... She drew herself tighter into a ball, gripping her knee's until her knuckles turned white. She never had to deal with.. This before. She jumped when Abelard placed his hand on her, sighing deeply and picking herself up.
  "Guess we werent lucky enough to do this without... Any of us dying." She sighed, gripping Abelard's wrist. She looked at him, and gave a short nod.
  "We... We'll give him a proper sendoff, once we're back. We will come back. We.. Have to come back."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 15, 2018, 03:43:52 pm »

Jack stood, and began checking his equipment. "We won't be returning. Our mission doesn't provide for us to return here. Once the mission is complete, we'll need to exfiltrate the country immediately." Jack stepped on the remains of his cigarillo, crushing the last of the embers within. "I'm ashamed to say it, but this will be Bayard's final rest. I'm sorry."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 15, 2018, 03:52:49 pm »

Theo's confident gaze softens, just slightly, when he notices Elanee's plight. He breathes out, adjusting his collar slightly. He approaches her somewhat, keeping at a distance, letting her stay closer to Abelard.
"Don't worry about Bayard. He's beyond the reach of the enemy now, at least. Be strong enough, strong enough to finish this mission, return home and give him the proper sendoff those pigs denied him. Anything less would be a disservice to your talents and yourself."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #1116 on: August 15, 2018, 04:08:17 pm »

Abelard accepted the grip of Elanee's hand around his wrist and rested his other hand over hers for a moment, his large and calloused palm not exactly soft but warm and the gesture's meaning clear.

"We'll take care of his sendoff when we get home, alright. But Elanee, it's fine to be sad now. Let it all out now so it won't bother you as much later."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 15, 2018, 04:29:46 pm »

Elanee paused.
  "No, I mean.. Mm..." she trailed off, looking into the woods where Evra had come from.
  "I just.. I need another moment.. I'll be fine after that.." She nodded, sliding her hand down from his wrist into his hand, squeezing it, letting go a moment later, turning to look at Marcus' body, letting out a sigh of frustration and leaning against Abelard's shoulder, wiping her face.
  "I'm sorry... I'll.. be okay.." She let the tears flow, she had to be strong. Just for now though, she'd let tears fall.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 15, 2018, 04:41:24 pm »

Abelard quietly accepted his position as Elanee's support, reaching behind her back to rest a hand over her other shoulder and reassure her with his presence.

"It's fine. Just let it all out."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 15, 2018, 04:51:30 pm »

"Th... Thank you..." Elanee said, between soft sobs as she cried her frustration, the anger and sadness out. Eventually, she straightened up, wiping her face one last time with a short sniff, looking up at Abelard.
  "Thanks, for letting me cry, Abelard. Sorry to use you as a support.." She sheepishly muttered, stepping back and turning to face the others, giving a small nod.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 15, 2018, 04:57:20 pm »

"Always happy to help." Abelard's hand left her shoulder and he smiled.
>Yes?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 15, 2018, 05:10:01 pm »

Rune had been lost in thought, staring at the bodies around her, hardly noticing Theo talking to her, until she heard some of the discussion going on nearby. Straightening up out of a kneeling position, she walked over.

"You're wrong actually. I'm the best scouting option we have and you know it. I can blend in exceptionally well already and if I need to, well..."

She shrugged and twirled a hand, letting a shower of magic sparks fall out.

"Disguises are nice, magic ones are better."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 15, 2018, 05:16:44 pm »

"I disagree. Your skill set might be more useful to blend in, but I have the edge in stealth." There was, of course, more to it than that.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 15, 2018, 05:21:15 pm »

"Hmmph. Perhaps, but I still bet the others would consider me a better option than you. After all, we both know I'm expendable."

There was a small glint in her eyes as she said that. Sadness, perhaps? Frustration seemed more likely. Whatever it was, she still clearly meant what she was saying.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 15, 2018, 05:26:58 pm »

"Can you move and keep yourself disguised? I'm not familiar with your brand of magic but staying mobile is essential, and I've observed that your illusions haven't been quite so complex. Forgive a man of my talents for being wrong; even my talents cannot be perfect when faced with the unfamiliar."

The corners of Theo's mouth twitch slightly when Rune calls herself expendable. He continues without missing a beat, having already decided to say what he was going to, though the tone of his voice seems to harden, as if he were ever so slightly dismayed.

"We require your talents here. None of you are expendable on this mission, not with so little people on it to begin with, not with the sensitive nature of our objective. Even yourself, Rune. In any case, Jack is the leader, and he has yet to lead us astray. As long as that continues, I will defer to his judgement on this."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:29:44 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 125