Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79284 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 3
« Reply #1080 on: August 12, 2018, 05:03:14 pm »

Jack met Lucette's gaze. "Yeah. Sorry about that. But I needed the best."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 12, 2018, 05:14:07 pm »

Lucette continued to sound darkly amused, starting her sentence off with a small chuckle.
:"Heh, well, it's something to devote myself towards, which I needed."
The amused tone faded, and suddenly Lucette dropped her gaze from Jack.
:"Even if I'm apparently incapable of..."
She sighed, looked at the people around her, and returned her gaze to his.
:"...ah, nevermind."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 12, 2018, 05:18:02 pm »

"Whatever!  I don't care who these people are; we're gonna kick their butts all the way back home, if we need ta."

"Anyway.  Old man, sorry to drag ya away from smokes over there, but the forester ya dragged along's pretty definitely lying dead in a ditch somewhere, and unless these people were complete idiots they probably sent a runner back to let whoever know we were comin' if they screwed up and died.  Which they did."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 12, 2018, 05:20:25 pm »

Lucette blinked slowly, turned to Ria, and scowled once she very reasonably pointed out the things she pointed out.
:"I've got everyone healed. We can get the fuck out of here if we need to, which we probably do."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 12, 2018, 05:25:48 pm »

"We'll move soon, but I'm willing to bet that these soldiers came from the research station. If they have troops to send after us, it's in our interest to meet them in the field, or at least let them leave before we arrive. We're going to take a few minutes to to rest. Damage is already done."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 12, 2018, 05:30:22 pm »

Lucette's eyes slid back to Jack, and she pawed at her pocket -- Ria's apparent nickname for her had reminded her of something she hadn't done for hours.
:"...we good to have small flames then? I want a smoke."
:"I really wanna fuckin' smoke."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 12, 2018, 05:31:52 pm »

"He's right, as much as I believe that the mongrels they plan to send will fall just as easily. If we face them at the station, we face them on their home ground, possibly with the full brunt of their forces behind them. We should advance slowly, whittle their forces down as much as we can, and make our job at the end easier."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 12, 2018, 05:32:35 pm »

: "Shouldn't we chase down the ones who ran? They're on foot, and only one is armed. We can take them easily, and it might buy us some time."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 12, 2018, 05:34:01 pm »

"I'm well aware. Thankfully, with every battle we find ourselves in I feel ever closer to my prime." Evra shrugged under Lucette's gaze, she had never concerned herself with her appearance. If she happened to look younger rather than older then it was what it was. She moved over to her former comrade's corpse as Lucette struck up a conversation with Jack.

"Perhaps he had something useful on his person; though, knowing him, he would've made sure that wasn't the case," she mused to herself. A quick search revealed her suspicions as correct, there was nothing worthwhile on his person. His weapons had been destroyed, there weren't any orders on him, and there wasn't anything else that caught her eye.

That reminded her, Calo had mentioned there'd be nothing left for the enemy after his death. It'd be best to confirm that that was the case. His body couldn't be too far from where they had met Marcus' forces and it wasn't like Marcus to hide bodies if he didn't need to. Yes, she'd search for the fallen bowman's body while the group lingered here.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:07:44 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 12, 2018, 05:34:47 pm »

"We shouldn't chase them, not in our current condition. If he has allies nearby, we'd be running right into them like fools, ill-prepared for battle. We should catch our breath, plan our route, ensure the mongrels can't track us so easily."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 12, 2018, 05:42:03 pm »

"Small fire only. We aren't staying long, so nothing it'd be a pain to put out. We're not chasing the stragglers either."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 12, 2018, 05:58:09 pm »

Keyleth felt like arguing the point for a moment, but she discovered that she was just too tired to do so. The wyvern rider wiped blood from her face and nodded in defeat.

: "Roger that. I'll just get ready to move out then."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 12, 2018, 06:00:03 pm »

It didn't take long for Lucette' hand to dart into her pocket and pull out the little cigarillo box she carried (a Govitian piece of trash rather than her beloved Sivultian one, alas, a sacrifice she had to make for the mission), and she was soon rolling a cigarillo, then lighting it with her flint.

She took a long draw from the cigarillo, and then let out a long sigh.
:"Hnghn... aw, fuck, I really needed this..."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 12, 2018, 08:53:33 pm »

"...Don't suppose you got enough to share, do you?" Jack still hadn't moved from his seat at the boulder, unwilling to stand. He needed to rest... God, for three days after a mess like that. Later.

Not far from the site of the battle, in a thicket of trees beneath a small ridge, Evra found what was left of Calo. His body was covered in the welts that Marcus left with his magic, and his throat had been cut open widely. There were other cuts all over his body, but they weren't battle wounds. This had clearly been torture. But he hadn't been allowed to die until his neck was opened to the wind, and considering that Marcus had had healers with him, it was impossible to even estimate how long he'd suffered.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 12, 2018, 09:37:02 pm »

Lucette offered Jack her tinderbox non-verbally, extending it out to him.
:"I made sure to stock up before starting this whole mission. Devoted a non-insignificant portion of one of Michael’s saddlebags to my cigarillos, heh. Don’t think I’d last as well without ‘em."
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 125