Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79281 times)

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 3
« Reply #1065 on: August 11, 2018, 10:26:15 am »

"Any last words, Marcus? I'll hear you out at least."

Jack to 7,10 iron knife Saad
Evra to 6,10 flash Saad
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:53:01 am by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 2
« Reply #1066 on: August 11, 2018, 03:27:42 pm »

Quote from: Jack attacks Marcus Saad!
110+5-29=86
Roll: 75-Hit!
12-6-1=5 Damage!

Marcus Saad counters!
103-5-5-15-20-32=26
Roll: 85-Miss!

As Jack's dagger punched into Marcus, the masked man realized that he'd been beaten. "...You won't be allowed to hurt her. Even if I can't stop you, your mission will end in failure."

Quote from: Evra attacks Marcus Saad!
118+10+5-29=Autohit!
15-1-7=7 Damage!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

EXP: 00/100

~Map Complete~

With Marcus dead, his remaining troops made a hasty retreat while the group's fliers were incapacitated.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 11, 2018, 04:17:09 pm »

Lucette didn’t hesitate to rush over to the downed wyvern rider, healing her wounds carefully, if more slowly and thoroughly and less taxingly than she usually did in combat.
:"There, get up, finally we’ve won this damned battle...!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 11, 2018, 04:29:47 pm »

Jack sat down against a boulder, and began evaluating his own wounds. "Alright, once everyone is patched up, take five. We're on a time table but we can't rush half dead. Evra, what do you know about this guy?" Jack used his dagger to indicate Marcus.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 11, 2018, 06:22:28 pm »

"What do I know?" Evra repeated the question to herself. More than I should, all things considered.

"Marcus was part of a squad that our traitorous friend, Joi Hart, worked closely with during the War of Annihilation. It was made up of some of if not the best soldiers from the countries that opposed Kalgar. I was part of this squad for some time and will likely be the only one from it that won't stand in our way; if Marcus was against us then at least his fellow Govitian will be too. Wallace Baarut is his name; he specializes in heavy armor and magic weaponry, with a preference for a lance of flame."

"There's more too, but only one of them is likely fit for battle. That would be Phobos Aerlot, an Assassin who shares our nationality. He retired after the war, but who's to say he hasn't done like I have and dusted off his weapons. The other two, Fin Zakov and John Dolorem, are likely dead. Fin was in his late sixties when the war ended and it's been ten years since anyone's heard from him at all. As for John, well, he was confirmed dead about five years ago. But all the same, best be prepared for the both of them; Fin was a sniper and John specialized in anima magic."

"Now then, anything else you'd like to ask?"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:26:36 pm by I_Like_Pi »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 11, 2018, 06:33:42 pm »

Jack grimaced as Evra shared what she knew. He waited for her to finish before he shared his opinion"I'm not sure I'm ready to be concerned about fighting a dead man. And this Zakov guy would have to be almost ninety now. Even if he relied on magic, that's ancient on the battlefield or off."

"That leaves Aerlot as a possible adversary and Baarut as a likely one. Four legends instead of one to kill. Three now."
Jack looked over at Marcus's corpse. "Well, hopefully they come up as short as he did."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 11, 2018, 06:43:36 pm »

"As far as we know. I've heard rumours of magic that extends life-I've even been responsible for disproving a few fools attempting to peddle their pathetic excuses for magic, but possibly.....hm, no. Never mind. Forget I said anything.

Tch. Legends or not, they're only human. If they bleed, we can kill them. They're doing nothing but playing with forces nobody should possess; that alone is enough to convince me they'll come up short."

Theo limps off to rest for a moment by a rock, planting his sword in the ground for a moment with more force than explicitly necessary, the grim fire in his eyes fading to embers, leaving the usual smug, mischievous glint to match his ever-present smirk.

His eyes flit over to Rune for a second (is that shame in his eyes?) before he returns to looking in the distance, treating himself with the remains of the vulnerary he'd used, patching up his wounds and catching his breath.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:45:17 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 12, 2018, 01:29:35 am »

Lucette moved along the rest of the team, healing wounds where the wounded didn't take it upon themselves to use vulneraries, and she was given a brief moment of solace -- for all she bitched about being the team's babysitter, it was nice to have at least one area where she wasn't apparently a washed-up, pathetic piece of shit.

She moved near Jack and Evra long enough to catch their words, and looked at them, her expression wearier than usual but creased into suspicious lines as she stared at Evra.
:"You were in the War of Annihilation? How old are you?"

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 12, 2018, 01:50:21 am »

"I had just barely turned twenty when the war began and I enlisted. It's been twenty years since then so, if you do the arithmetic, that puts me into my forties. I don't bother keeping the exact number down." Evra replied, as stoic as ever. There was no reason to dodge Lucette's question; she was simply as old as she was and there was no way to change that.

"I'm still a little rusty from twenty years of retirement, but I'm glad to see that my age isn't slowing me down."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 12, 2018, 06:15:08 am »

"Well let's hope you shake it off quick. Joi Hart isn't rusty, and she won't go down without a fight."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #1075 on: August 12, 2018, 11:14:04 am »

"Thanks for the healing. It ain't my first time getting knocked down so many times in so little time, but hell if I want that to happen again."

Abelard went to check on Elanee first thing, since both of them spent quite a bit of the fight being beaten down.

"Hey, feeling better?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 12, 2018, 11:51:42 am »

"Your healing is appreciated, Lucette. A man of my talents knows when one is worthy of respect. You'll get your chance to engage these mongrels yourself, one day. That, I look forward to."

And then, Theo goes to check on Rune, his confident expression lending him swagger unbefitting of his current beaten state.

"How are you, comrade? Did those mongrels trouble you unduly?"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:58:08 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 12, 2018, 02:10:25 pm »

Elanee was sitting down nearby to the rest of the team, overhearing what Evra had said but not saying anything in response.
  "I'm worn out, Abe." She sighed, gesturing towards Saad's body.
  "Why did he join her..? Why help spread Annihilation tomes?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 1
« Reply #1078 on: August 12, 2018, 02:23:12 pm »

Abelard gave Elanee a reassuring back pat, using far less strength than he'd use for a male comrade-in-arms.

"No idea. Maybe he shares whatever crazy 'destroying-everything-is-fun' ideas the traitor has, or maybe he had the hots for her. I can't figure out."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 12, 2018, 04:59:59 pm »

Lucette squinted at Evra for a few moments -- she sure as hell didn't look like she was in her fourties.
:"...uh huh."
She stared further at Evra and glanced at Theo's back as he moved away -- she HAD heard his words.
:"Uh HUH."

She glanced at Jack and a grimly humorous tone entered her voice... but that said, a smile, even a rueful one, was beyond her abilities.
:"It's really quite something I've got myself involved in, huh?"
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 125