Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Cult Race: Chaos  (Read 16594 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Chaos
« Reply #255 on: November 07, 2017, 11:29:58 pm »

for vox to work, alpha legion has to be somewhere around( and they are not, it seems)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 07, 2017, 11:31:16 pm »

Well, we only tried reaching them via the warp. And you kinda need psykers to tell if someone is contacting you by it :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2017, 12:06:56 am »

Well, we have thousand sons sorcerer and tzeenchian bonus to magics for making vox ex deus thing more likely to happen

+ 1 to vox ex deus

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2017, 12:10:15 am »

We don't actually have a thousand sons sorcerer. Just a regular chaos sorcerer. And that bonus works against it as much as it aids it; we get a six on it we're fucked in terms of the inquisition noticing. Which is something we really need to avoid, yet will stumble blindly into if we go down the path of using the warp.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2017, 12:39:07 am »

Taricus you have no idea of any of the mechanics of it because you're too afraid to try.
Simply put, I'm not going to fuck you harder re: the inquisition than I'd fuck the genestealers. It's nice that you're being paranoid, but you might want to tone that down to cautious.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:53:01 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2017, 12:49:53 am »

That... is very hardly re-assuring since we have no scale on how hard you're gonna fuck the genestealers. More to the point, caution is always warranted when dealing with the inquisition and the tools it can wield.

That, and the warp is also unreliable compared to technology.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2017, 01:35:28 am »

We don't actually have a thousand sons sorcerer. Just a regular chaos sorcerer. And that bonus works against it as much as it aids it; we get a six on it we're fucked in terms of the inquisition noticing. Which is something we really need to avoid, yet will stumble blindly into if we go down the path of using the warp.
Our cult benefit is armour-piercing chaos space marines, and mutants and magic. All of these things set of ordos, but magic can at least be hidden from witnesses when in use. If we don't use our benefits at all then we are pretty severely compromising ourselves. No doubt Team Edgelord have some special bonus from their strain, and they will use it, and if we are stuck with whatever scavenged I.G. gear we can muster then we will be relying entirely on the ordos to deal with the Edgies because we aint getting no Baneblades and the enemy has as many reserves as we do. Now certainly, infiltration and ordos jockeying might work, but we are going to need a serious missions-statement to stick to it if we go that way because we are going to be sprinting to the finish-line as we get overwhelmed in the field by giant knives with mouths attached on the way.

Now, yes, the sixes on our only strength being bad is bad. It basically means that we went from a 2/3 chance of a good result to a 1/2, but it is a 1/2 of something really nice, and if we get a 6 it is still a good design, just one that needs revising into submission... and possibly a design to deal with the fallout... But just completely abandoning magic because it is risky? When magic is our bonus skill? Magic can even help with infiltration, and we don't need to be faster than the tiger ordos, we just need to stay off the radar until the ordos boil the horned frogs and then lay low until the heat wears off.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2017, 01:43:08 am »

Except laying low to let the heat go down will not work, we need to avoid the heat in the first place. Team edgelord may be getting some bonuses from their strain, but they're attracting a lot of heat from the inquisition at the same time, which will royally fuck them over. We also still have space marines; we still have capable troops to deal with the nastier bugs, they just need the weapons to bring the bigger ones low. Lascannons will FUCK up any bug's day, no matter their size or whether they're in a metal box.

We chose the stupid option, so we have no choice but to work around our 'bonuses' Psykers can't do shit against a good, solid company of troops. We will be the ones doing the overwhelming, and we will be doing it far better than they are, and given the finish line is their leader, we aren't going to be dodging them but they will be dodging us!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2017, 03:19:35 am »

I rather suspect that a well-played illusion and a few subtle confusion spells will ruin far more than their weight in good, solid companies, but I am very much not an expert on the matter. On the other hand, I am quite certain that there are countermeasures against ordos, and the presence of one will most likely make it difficult for either party to move openly. Well, I guess we could get ourselves commissioned as tThe Hive's official enforcers or some such and maybe manage to get an alliance0- well, some sort of distant relative to an alliance, with an ordos, but it would be a tall order. Not to mention that we are attracting heat and we haven't really shown our chaos marines yet.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2017, 03:22:52 am »

We're attracting far less heat than the other side so far. And we can pull of an illusion and/or deception without psykers without an inquisitor being able to spot it being a psychic illusion. And we do have far better options of countering the inquisition once we get into contact with the alpha legion.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2017, 03:26:14 am »

But The A-Team requires interstellar comms, which requires psykers or *patience*. Well, I guess we could try digging up some xeno ruins...
Read the First Post!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2017, 03:40:07 am »

Interstellar comms are way beyond what we can do, and would require a level of infrastructure we cannot hope to get within a single design. And as marines, especially alpha legion, are not so devoted to the dark gods relying on the warp to contact them in-system is a shaky proposition at best.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2017, 02:59:35 am »

Also guys you still haven’t fixed last turn’s Cultist buy.

Past that, votes please.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 01, 2017, 12:24:46 am »

... I noticed the Genestealer thread had recent posts...Is this not dead or...?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2017, 04:13:10 am »

GENESTEALER POSTING IN THIS THREAD BECAUSE WHY NOT. NOT SPYING THOUGH

I haven't read anything but please for the love of god do whatever it takes to get Tack to post an update or something.

It's been almost a month literally anything would be better than nothing.

Oh yeah. Not jumping in this thread again unless invited or something.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20