Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Cult Race: Chaos  (Read 16600 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Chaos
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2017, 11:18:34 am »

I was planning on naming them as they were explored... too finicky?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2017, 12:13:00 pm »

Not really, so long as we have them in mind. Though by that note what should we called the unexplored areas, for future reference?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2017, 12:48:05 pm »

Home
Mines, 1,2,3
Shops 1,2,3
Etcetera?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2017, 04:18:15 pm »

Alright, I'll edit the order box then.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2017, 05:40:55 pm »

With roaring engines barely drowning out the zealous overtures of a collected mass of fanatics, the Cult begins its mobilisation, dabs of paint and searing ink marking out those cultists chosen to be the holy vanguard of the Master of Schemes.
The teams begin their capture of the nearby areas with extreme enthusiasm, if not discipline, the squad leaders keeping some semblance of order with barked orders.

The Mines - M1
The contingent entering the mines is a comparatively huge host, the idle chattering and occasional screech from the cultists who are familiar with this scenery a counterpoint to the stoic wariness of the Space Marines as they stoop to pass through the myriad of caves and tunnels, a countless number of worming tracks burrowed through the stone in search of resources.
The first location is eventually reached, an old foreman's camp in a larger cavern, complete with rusting vehicles and forgotten tools. The cultists set about restoring life to the place as the chaos space marines fan out and begin securing the perimeter.
M1 Encampment: 1/2

The Workshops - W1
The cultists here arrive with only mildly blunted enthusiasm as the diminishing blare of breakneck engines retreats off into the distance, leaving a haze of disturbed dust and the smell of glorious promethium. The area here is much larger, with dedicated, albeit old and poorly maintained, roads allowing the ferrying of materials to and from the various manufactoriums crowding the landscape. Many are still in production, although the fabricators are hard at work, furthering no cause but that of their petty overseers. The armed and armoured cultists are able to move into some empty factories and begin their sermons to the nearby occupied ones without any undue attention being raised.
W1 Encampment: 1/2

W2
The heavy mining trucks blast through the first hub with no issues, a relatively boring journey ended peacefully as the three squads disembark and begin to conscript the manufactoriums in the area.
Soon enough, goods and supplies will be siphoned off to support the cause, with none above the wiser.
W2 Encampment: 1/2

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alert (click to show/hide)

Technology
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tactics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knowledge (click to show/hide)

It is now the Design phase. You have 5 dice remaining.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:49:57 pm by Tack »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2017, 06:03:52 pm »

You've given us one more unit of cultists than what we actually have. And nice to see the bugfuckers have started annoying the inquisition already :D

Now, how many dice is it to start a grand design?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2017, 06:14:00 pm »

I would assume that it is three, but will require additional dice to finish.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2017, 06:41:03 pm »

Just three. Depending on what the design is, one of the 'quality, price, bugs' dice will be subbed out for 'time'.
You can always feel free to throw more in, though.

Might be easier to show than to tell.

Also, thanks for pointing out the mistake.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2017, 07:31:26 pm »

Alright, in that particular case...

Grand Design: Adeptus Mechanicus Infiltration: With our current technological advances making us on par to the guard in terms of infantry equipment, heavier weaponry would require skilled personnel and the facilities to create them in. The vaunted priests of mars have both, and their 'assistance' would be a huge boon to our cult's ascendence. However, infiltrating and convincing even a single magos to aid our cause will be an arduous task, and as a result we must begin to lay the groundwork for it.

Grand Design: Contacting & Hiring the Alpha Legion: Realising that the warp isn't the best way to contact the alpha legion, we must begin to work to make contact through more mundane means. While the effort we'd need to put into this task is great, the benefits the legion can provide are even greater still.

Design: Corporate Infiltration: Contrary to most belief, the AdMech does not control all manufacturing of the imperium, only it's shiniest and rarest tech. For the average workers in the hive, and the more mundane and common products they produce, this work is generally left to the owners of the spire's factories (Whom the mechanicus then charges fees to maintain some of the more complex machinery). By infiltrating these corporations not only do we have a secure power base in the manufacturing facilities but a way into the good 'graces' of the spire nobility.

Design: Light Armoured Groundcar 'Tyber':
While the Goliath trucks we have are serviceable, rugged vehicles, they do lack the armaments and armour necessary for frontline combat. The 'Tyber', named after our glorious leader's favourite pet, is designed to fulfil this role. A fast, rugged four-wheel drive chassis that is armoured enough to resist heavy stubber rounds all over while armed with two heavy stubbers in it's turret, the 'Tyber' is designed to be operated by a three-man crew: A driver, gunner and commander/loader. Intended to compliment our trucks, the 'Tyber' provides the fast fire support to the Goliath's transporting capabilities.

Grand Design: Logistics: It is said that the masters of war study logistics (Which can then be used to mean that the emperor is a fucking neophyte when it comes to the endless war), and like them we too must study logistics. By being able to ensure our forces are more easily supplied even when they are distant from the temple can mean our troops can fight harder & more effectively against both the genestealer menace and the hated imperium. Of course, this is likely much easier said that done; between the need for dedicated logistics personnel that are capable of managing the system and ensuring they manage the system instead of trying to make power grabs or playing politics with the supplies (Like the imperium does) will be a monumental task. At least we have the trucks to transport the supplies...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2017, 07:40:13 pm »

I feel that logistics needs more clearly-defined goals. Much of it is hand-waved off in the game, so the benefits are likely to be vague. It may be better to denote specific logistical equipment. Like field-manufacturing/summoning to recruit heavy units directly to the front, or ammunition-carriers to validate spray-and-pray tactics, or portable latrine boxes to provide resistance to alien corruption.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pm »

Mostly the first two; basically ensuring we have the ability to deploy new units directly on the front and ensuring those units have the ammo to really gun down any alien.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2017, 10:19:15 pm »

Are tactics a thing?
Battle Doctrine: False Fronts
We drill our forces to be masters at withdrawing and covering. When hostile forces close range, their targets melt away from the front prompting further pursuit. Once the enemy finally catch their intended prey, they find themselves in a cul-de-sac of hostiles, being attacked from many fronts at once.
Read the First Post!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2017, 10:49:17 pm »

Probably, but we need better trained militants before we can attempt to do those.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2017, 11:50:14 pm »

Tactics are a thing (I forgot to put them in). Now welcome to the idiot ball.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2017, 11:51:08 pm »

To be fair I think we're operating on the assumption that we already had the idiot ball :P
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20