Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Cult Race: Chaos  (Read 16625 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Chaos
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2017, 11:44:44 pm »

Another option would be to scrap this design and make a heavy machine gun design next turn and then make an armed transport vehicle design with the H.M.G.... But yes, the vehicle is pretty much useless with neither speed nor armour, and I would tend to feel that armour without speed isn't good for much other than mobile cover while we advance upon their massive blades. But, on the other hand, revising it just gets us mobility, which is nice, definitely, but we don't know what the other design(s) will be like. It could be that we get some sort of mental storm that can hold an army at bay for half a minute before the user's head explodes, and that we would much rather spend two revisions on preventing that head-explosion side-effect than being able to move two tiles and squash any low-level bugs that happen to get trapped in its path. Revising the truck is good, but it is always best to shop around if you can.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2017, 12:28:23 am »

As I said, I think it would be worthwhile to spend a die to improve the truck, as they are nearly something we can use. There's certainly no point in scrapping our first design immediately after we got it. Hell, if we design a weapon next turn (flamer or heavy stubber most likely), we can slap a couple on this thing and then at least it would give us some extra firepower.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2017, 12:33:00 am »

1 Skip Phase: RAM
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2017, 12:39:40 am »

You missed a vote, I've even said it twice.
1 Revise Goliath Efficacy: Archangel
1 Skip Phase: RAM
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2017, 01:18:54 am »

Sorry, I didn't consider it a vote without a formal proposal to vote for. That said, it would probably help if some details were provided, but maybe it just works as a reroll of one die regardless?
Read the First Post!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2017, 02:03:49 am »

It would not. Armour or Speed, and some kind of explanation how please.
You can improve as many aspects as you like and you can improve the aspects in as many ways as you like, but they'll all cost a die each.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:58:40 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2017, 03:58:18 am »

Just a note, the genestealer cult has no connection to the hive mind until a hive fleet is right in orbit of the world. As there's no proper 'nids running around, we're safe from that. That, and trying to much with the hive mind with psychic abilities is a bad idea: It's a hell of a lot more powerful than any psyker we could produce. As for the goliath; they're cheap and reliable and thus a perfect base for improving.

Revise Goliath Efficacy: Armour
By obtaining the proper schematics and tools to produce the hull of the Goliath, we expect a major increase into the survivability of the truck. By ensuring it is up to imperial standard (AKA resistant to a hell of a lot more than small arms fire; this is a truck meant for hostile environments), we can be sure that it'll take a hell of a lot more punishment and look no worse for wear.

Revise Goliath Efficacy: Engine
A review and upgrade of the Goliath's engines & transmission, overhauling the system to ensure the damn thing, again, reaches basic imperial quality.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2017, 04:07:07 am »

2? Goliath Efficacy: Armour: Archangel, Taricus?
2? Goliath Efficacy: Engine: Archangel, Taricus?

2? Reserve zero dice: Archangel?, Taricus?
0 Reserve one die:
1 Reserve two dice: RAM
Read the First Post!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2017, 04:25:23 am »

I was pretty sure they had a sort of mini hive mind, and the Genestealer thread refers to one also; just looked them up and I was right, they have what is called the Brood Mind. That is what I was talking about. I know trying to tap into the hivemind proper sends psykers right off the deep end, if it doesn't kill them outright.
Quote from: Lexicanum
Genestealers have an interlinking telepathy similar to the greater Hive Mind which is generated by the entire Tyranid race. This Brood Mind is smaller and more localised than the Hive Mind and is used to exert complete control over their host victims and also for communication.
The line from the OP of the Genestealer thread (emphasis mine):
The Patriarch has long been seated in his organic throne and the psychic web of the Genestealer Cults is steadily thrumming, a rudimentary hivemind aiding the grand purpose for which they have been bred.

As for my vote:
Revise Goliath Efficacy: Engine
A review and upgrade of the Goliath's engines & transmission, overhauling the system to ensure the damn thing, again, reaches basic imperial quality.
1 die towards the above improvement, and keep 1 die in reserve. Upgrading the engines has both strategic and tactical applications, where armour (which we should fix too, later) just makes it better for combat.
My full sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2017, 04:30:07 am »

Fixing both now means the goliath is something they're gonna learn to fear. Which means we can predict what they'll work towards for their next design.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2017, 04:43:28 am »

Upgrading both now is also a good option. I think though that it might be a good idea to keep a die in reserve for now, and if we only improve one it definitely should be the engines. In the end, either option is fine by me.
My full sig

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2017, 04:56:32 am »

I'm voting to put some plates on this truck and soup up the engine. We wanted an APC so lets make it one.

+1 Armour
+1 Engine
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2017, 08:57:33 am »

4? Goliath Efficacy: Armour: Archangel, Taricus?, Khan, Stabby
4? Goliath Efficacy: Engine: Archangel, Taricus?, Khan, Stabby

2? Reserve zero dice: Archangel?, Taricus?
0 Reserve one die:
1 Reserve two dice: RAM
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2017, 09:12:33 am »

Goliath Armour: 1
The attempts to find the original schematics for a Goliath truck have gone hopelessly at best. Whilst they aren't shipped in from a forgeworld, the plans are still divided amongst various worlds and workshops on a "need to know" basis.
Whilst some advances have been seen for armour in future projects, sadly none of them are applicable to the Goliath.

Goliath Speed: 6
Alternatively, the Goliath has been found to be an absolute powerhouse under the hood. With the simple addition of a gearbox, they've been able to ramp up their speed significantly, and there's still room for further improvement. They still aren't up to zipping around the battlefield, but on distance treks they're a sight better than they were.
The Goliath now moves 1 hub per turn in the Mines and Promethium Sprawl, and 2 hubs per turn in the Workshops and Habs

Turn 0

Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alert (click to show/hide)

Technology
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knowledge (click to show/hide)

It is now the Design phase. You have 5 dice remaining.

I'll be doing an FAQ in the core thread after this turn. Feel free to ask any questions you have..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:54:49 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2017, 03:33:05 pm »

Possessed technicians
By summoning demons into our less useful technicians, we can gain the inspiration of the warp. Allowing us to perform never-before-heard-of feats off unparalleled genius. Such as modifying technology, reverse engineering, or even *gasps* inventing something new!
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20