Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Cult Race: Genestealers  (Read 12837 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Genestealers
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2017, 11:27:36 am »

I'm throwing my lot in with the Genestealers and backing plan Crazy Ivan, GLORY TO THE SWARM!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2017, 12:02:26 pm »

Crazy Ivan Redux: Tsar Infecta

GET IT RIGHT!
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2017, 01:34:05 pm »

We are highly ambitious so far. The issue with such mass gene stealers is survivors spitting is. Would led to more Xenia Ordeus. ( Because the Inqusition, no matter the branch is willing to kill everyone to get to us.)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2017, 03:21:12 pm »

I think you meant "spiting us" and I don't think that that's actually, you know, an OPTION.

Anyways, what we might do is deploy some armed cultists and non-recruiting Genestealers specifically to prevent escapes.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2017, 08:15:23 am »

We're currently in the design phase. Madman's vote accounts for 5 out of 8 dice. We should be thinking of how we spend those remaining 3 dice on a new design.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2017, 08:28:52 am »

That was sadly a typo from the copy-paste.
There are no three dice.

Greater Plagemind
Efficacy: 1, 5
Bugs: 4

Work continues on improving the viability of the Plaguemind and fleshing our the details of how it is supposed to work. It is now easily at the point of being feasible, and indeed  very powerful, however is still riddled with issues and imperfections, and whilst the theory is getting more and more solid, actual progress bringing it to the physical is still at a standstill.

Greater Plaguemind
Efficacy: 9/9
Bugs, 3/9
Completion: 3/12

It is now the revision phase. You have two dice remaining
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:53:51 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2017, 11:02:57 am »

Hive Rifle
A simple upgrade to the venerable autogun to improve reliability. A general overhaul of the bolt and magazine systems allow for greater reliability, less dirt contamination, and fewer jams.

DAK-A Machine Gun
The newest addition to our arsenal is an Autogun modified to take a belt feed. That's it. It shoots more than it did before, and will fit in the weapons slot on a Goliath truck. Further questions?

Let's get our blood-god sacrifices   meatshields zerg rush some decent weapons, eh?

EDIT:
Since nobody seems to want to...
Quote from: VOTE
Hive Rifle: (1) Madman
DAK-A MG: (1) Madman
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:51:56 pm by Madman198237 »

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2017, 03:38:38 am »

With some amount of reluctance for purely aesthetic reasons (I just don't like the name DAK-A Machine Gun).

Quote from: VOTE
Hive Rifle: (2) Madman, Talion
DAK-A MG: (2) Madman, Talion

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2017, 08:20:46 am »

This is WH40k.

Dakka is a perfectly acceptable thing to get more of.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2017, 07:38:06 pm »

I guess I will use my first vote as a genestealer to support the consensus of improving our guns.

[X]Hive Rifle
[X]DAK-A MG

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2017, 03:42:42 pm »

One of the Grand Designs that we need to do after we know what the chaos cultists are doing, is some sort of Anti-Warp technology or hive mind modification.

Why? because they are focking chaos so will definitely have some magic up their tentaclaws.

Other projects, minor or major.

Some sort of flamethrower, because those are really good in narrow spaces with plenty of cover.

Melee weapons, preferably armour piercing so that we can mass cultists and swarm their chaos space marine elites.

Better transport, because logistics wins wars.

Proper soldier armour, so that we die slower

GRENADES because grenades...

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2017, 04:43:51 pm »

Meh, too much warp magic trickery's going to get them noticed by Inquisition Psykers, I suspect, which will get ugly for them. Plus we're TYRANIDS. We operate on the 'highly expendable units' philosophy.

Flamethrower:
NO. The enemy uses armored marines, we use squishy little bugs. Speaking of which, we need a fireproof-ish revision, soon. Our newest member leaked our hordes plan to PirateJoe (Who can't keep a secret to save his LIFE, not that he would anyway as he's on the other team), so we should assume they're going to try crowd-control, which includes shotguns (Thin protection layers ought to help stop those, should we choose to implement such a revision on the Purestrain Genestealers)

Melee: NO. We have BIOLOGICAL critters for soldiers, we're not using Cultists unless we need some suckers to hold guns and drive trucks. Purestrains already have armor-rending claws anyway.

Better Transport: Have you SEEN our truck?

Armor: Again, biological, and probably not worth the extra cost.

Grenades: Need I explain 'crowd control' and why we don't like it?

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2017, 07:59:34 pm »

Meh, too much warp magic trickery's going to get them noticed by Inquisition Psykers, I suspect, which will get ugly for them. Plus we're TYRANIDS. We operate on the 'highly expendable units' philosophy.

Flamethrower:
NO. The enemy uses armored marines, we use squishy little bugs. Speaking of which, we need a fireproof-ish revision, soon. Our newest member leaked our hordes plan to PirateJoe (Who can't keep a secret to save his LIFE, not that he would anyway as he's on the other team), so we should assume they're going to try crowd-control, which includes shotguns (Thin protection layers ought to help stop those, should we choose to implement such a revision on the Purestrain Genestealers)

Melee: NO. We have BIOLOGICAL critters for soldiers, we're not using Cultists unless we need some suckers to hold guns and drive trucks. Purestrains already have armor-rending claws anyway.

Better Transport: Have you SEEN our truck?

Armor: Again, biological, and probably not worth the extra cost.

Grenades: Need I explain 'crowd control' and why we don't like it?

Thanks for the analysis and rebuttal.

What about developing extremely corrosive acid/poison and maybe something similar to the Hydralisk? If we assume that they will place a bunch of emphasis on their marines, like we are placing all our emphasis on our genestealers, then we need to focus counters on them.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2017, 08:00:49 pm »

I don't plan on focusing on Genestealers, I want a cheaper single-role unit capable of combat. Our Cultists will have to just carry weapons, while the flesh creatures will be responsible for the general killing.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2017, 03:11:23 am »

Hive Rifle: 6
The newer, cleaner hive rifles have successfully made it through testing and are a cut above the old and dirty autoguns of the past- although this might be because the troops have a reason to want to clean them.
Mostly it just involves teaching the cultists how to cobble together better breeches and bolts, but overall it results in a more reliable weapon which can take more punishment before jamming.
This also allows them to fight effectively in more hostile environments.

DAK-A Machine Gun: 1
A concept regarded as 'Too simple to fail' has unfortunately... failed.
That isn't to say it is a complete loss, as something as simple as adding a larger magazine to an autogun can't be overstated, however the term 'belt' seems to have been run with, and finding boxes of a necessary size to hold standard-grade munitions is apparently very difficult without access to military grade hardware... for some reason.
Nevertheless, fully automatic autoguns are available, at a prohibitive price, and only to infantry, because the belts tend to hang down over the machinery and/or operator of the goliath, inevitably get jammed in something or knock someone out, and ruin the entire enterprise.

Dakkagun: Military Equipment 15.
Autoguns with a slightly higher fire rate owing to long belt clips looped over the arms and torso of the operator.

It is now the Construction and Strategy phase
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11